Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 866   Go Down
Author Topic: Post pictures of you and your saber!  (Read 2047338 times)
Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #420 on: February 17, 2012, 11:21:41 PM »

Those are pretty tasty.

I really like the look of yours how many pieces are tied together?

Its a four panel concept, so five total pieces with the split for the switch.

Ricktur
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 30

the world is hollow and ive touched the sky

« Reply #421 on: February 17, 2012, 11:31:21 PM »

its a tad rough, as is this FO STEEL Standard from some time ago I now call Nomad...
I painted it a bronze color and added that grip, as you can see, but I also took a crack at adding its name to it...
Whatcha think?

amazing looking saber, absolutely amazing, you took a seemingly basic design and turned it into something show piece worthy
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 07:49:16 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

[‾๐‾‾]▦[⊚]▦ị█ị‾╱██████████████████████████████████████████████)
CE Prophecy - Guardian Blue Ultraedge Midgrade

Lightside Points Appreciated!

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #422 on: February 18, 2012, 01:21:40 AM »

amazing looking saber, absolutely amazing, you took a seemingly basic design and turned it into something show piece worthy

You flatter me with your show piece talk. Its still a tad rough for that.

directorcass
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #423 on: February 18, 2012, 12:06:24 PM »

Here is a picture from a few years ago. That's me with my Parks Graflex. It has a 5w blue Luxeon running on an UltraSound V1 soundboard. I built the saber myself with own scratch built chassis. The costume is an Anakin type base., although I'm to fat to pretend I'm Anakin, LoL. The tabbards are pleather and snap to the shoulders to hold them in place, the pouches are real leather, and I have the correct pen caps for the food capsules. I just need good boots to finish it!

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:09:28 PM by directorcass » Logged

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #424 on: February 18, 2012, 03:53:09 PM »

Here is a picture from a few years ago. That's me with my Parks Graflex. It has a 5w blue Luxeon running on an UltraSound V1 soundboard. I built the saber myself with own scratch built chassis. The costume is an Anakin type base., although I'm to fat to pretend I'm Anakin, LoL. The tabbards are pleather and snap to the shoulders to hold them in place, the pouches are real leather, and I have the correct pen caps for the food capsules. I just need good boots to finish it!

Whoa, that's a nice looking Anakin costume!  Very spot on.

Boots are the rough part... I have a decent pair that I got for cheap on eBay, but I'd really like to get a better fitting leather pair one day... although that would be rather expensive.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #425 on: February 18, 2012, 04:31:26 PM »

Whoa, that's a nice looking Anakin costume!  Very spot on.

Boots are the rough part... I have a decent pair that I got for cheap on eBay, but I'd really like to get a better fitting leather pair one day... although that would be rather expensive.

They can be expensive, but your feet WILL thank you.  Well-made leather boots will hold up for a long while, provided you care for them (saddle soap with mink oil in it will do wonders).  You might have to forgo a single saber with sound to get them, I will admit, but...

One of the best places to find the style you might like would be a Rennaissance Faire in your area.  Most of the shops that sell them have cards, and if you explain that you're shopping they should be able to fit you in-store.  Then, use the web address on the card to check out the virtual shop - a lot of folks at Faires have to charge higher amounts for rent of the storefront.

My wife has a pair by one manufacturer, the name and site of which I'll PM should folks wish, that will re-sole the shoes for life that she inherited from a friend who bought boots WAY too small (silly, but he's a sucker for an enthusiastic, persistent sale).  It cost a bit to do - but she went into their storefront at a local Faire, and even though her boots were of a style that hadn't been MADE in ten years, they recognized the boot and said they could fix it, which is a pretty awesome thing in my book.  The boots ARE pricey, but so long as you take care of the boots, the manufacturer will replace almost anything that you do to them, and cover EVERYTHING that could result from workmanship defects.

I got mine from a different manufacturer, as mine were more basic and our own purchase.  But, I dolled them up with some extra strap work and a leather covering for the top of the foot that I think looks pretty good.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #426 on: February 19, 2012, 01:07:31 AM »

Thanks for the info ed_ification.  I've heard that a bit from various people (in this community and others), it seems that a pair of good fitted boots is a very worthwhile investment.

For me the main problem with that kind of money is the use I'll really have for the boots... sadly I can't say I wear my Jedi costume as much as I'd like (don't really attend cons or anything).  I find very few excuses to break it out throughout the year, making that kind of purchase less and less worthwhile for someone like me Sad  That said, someone who DOES costume quite a bit would DEFINITELY benefit from a nice pair of boots like that!

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #427 on: February 19, 2012, 01:14:35 AM »

I have been giving this boot aspect some thought.

For those who played baseball, think about the leggings/socks

The red ones...picture them in light weight upholstery material, a leather-ish product...$10-20 tops.

Match a pair of shoes to the leather-ish product or vice versa to the leggings.

Simple to put together and inexpensive.

Light side points please Smiley

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #428 on: February 19, 2012, 11:03:48 AM »

They can be expensive, but your feet WILL thank you.  Well-made leather boots will hold up for a long while, provided you care for them (saddle soap with mink oil in it will do wonders).  You might have to forgo a single saber with sound to get them, I will admit, but...

One of the best places to find the style you might like would be a Rennaissance Faire in your area.  Most of the shops that sell them have cards, and if you explain that you're shopping they should be able to fit you in-store.  Then, use the web address on the card to check out the virtual shop - a lot of folks at Faires have to charge higher amounts for rent of the storefront.

My wife has a pair by one manufacturer, the name and site of which I'll PM should folks wish, that will re-sole the shoes for life that she inherited from a friend who bought boots WAY too small (silly, but he's a sucker for an enthusiastic, persistent sale).  It cost a bit to do - but she went into their storefront at a local Faire, and even though her boots were of a style that hadn't been MADE in ten years, they recognized the boot and said they could fix it, which is a pretty awesome thing in my book.  The boots ARE pricey, but so long as you take care of the boots, the manufacturer will replace almost anything that you do to them, and cover EVERYTHING that could result from workmanship defects.

I got mine from a different manufacturer, as mine were more basic and our own purchase.  But, I dolled them up with some extra strap work and a leather covering for the top of the foot that I think looks pretty good.

I do Renaissance Faires myself and I have to agree with ed_ification.  The boots available at Faires range from a plethora of different styles and fittings.  However, on that note I would very much recommend purchasing from surplus products during the off-season (i.e. now until march which is the beginning of Faire season) on amazon.  You will save a considerable amount of cash then from purchasing it up-front.

If not, well then taking a trip to your local Faire is always fun, however, in many ways I prefer the comment below to not only save on some cash, but to allow you to customize your boots for many different occasions.

I have been giving this boot aspect some thought.

For those who played baseball, think about the leggings/socks

The red ones...picture them in light weight upholstery material, a leather-ish product...$10-20 tops.

Match a pair of shoes to the leather-ish product or vice versa to the leggings.

Simple to put together and inexpensive.

On a different note, Jedi Relmeob has the right idea in making your own boots, or rather graves / legging / boot slops in that it is a FAR more economical and cost effective alternative as opposed to purchasing full calf-high boots.

I also argue it allows you to keep your options open.
Have some military boots but don't want your strings to show?
Put the leggings over them.
Have some regular brown or black dress shoes from a thrift-store but are just not very Jedi-like?
Put some leggings over them.

Using those socks as an example, you can construct your own fitting of leggings from leather to not only fit onto a number of different types of shoes preferably leather ones, but it also gives you the feeling that you're wearing a nice pair of boots only there's better breathing room and it actually feels like you have armor on.

I'd do it myself to show an example and save myself some cash not to mention accomplish a long-awaited dream of mine, except that I have limited knowledge on sewing leather together and my ability to rivet leather is sub-par.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #429 on: February 19, 2012, 03:17:08 PM »

Yayyyyy I helped!

Grin

Light side points please Smiley

Darth Cestual
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -50

« Reply #430 on: February 19, 2012, 03:48:30 PM »

Anyone else familiar with the art of the Pathfinder rpg? Wayne Reynolds has an interesting style, look at the leggings & wrist bracers. Wraps & straps over what could be just regular gloves & footwear make for a pretty cool look.

Since we decided to make the rpg setting we're working on to be Pathfinder compatable, I've adapted my style a bit to emulate his. A square of padded cloth wrapped around your legs with a couple of straps or shin guards over that to hold it.

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #431 on: February 19, 2012, 07:23:22 PM »

I feel we are getting a bit off topic here Tongue

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #432 on: February 19, 2012, 08:59:27 PM »

I feel we are getting a bit off topic here Tongue

Thanks Stockton.  Back on topic please!

Anybody got more cool pics?

Ricktur
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 30

the world is hollow and ive touched the sky

« Reply #433 on: February 19, 2012, 09:45:48 PM »

Im putting together a jedi costume now, its kinda why i havent posted any pics up of the (soon to be) 6 US sabers i own. . .  well its really only three but i buy two of every saber. . .

where do you guys get your outfits?  i found this store on ebay, nice lady named Leigh, here is her eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Khloes-Kustom-Klothing?_rdc=1

she sells the tunic seperately for 75 (pants undertunic, outertunic, obi, and tabbards) and the robes seperately, or you can buy the whole outfit, including pants and robes for like 150 i think?  its custom made, custom measurements, and custom colors.

is that a good price?

[‾๐‾‾]▦[⊚]▦ị█ị‾╱██████████████████████████████████████████████)
CE Prophecy - Guardian Blue Ultraedge Midgrade

Lightside Points Appreciated!

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #434 on: February 19, 2012, 09:54:33 PM »

Thanks Stockton.  Back on topic please!

Anybody got more cool pics?

No problem. Just trying to help out you mods!

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 866   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: