Author Topic: Tiems  (Read 30855 times)
Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 04:58:31 PM »

::Various NPCs::

Icarus scampered back off to his mother, the man was weird. He seemed nice, but he seemed like something bothered him, like he was having a bad day.

Llorian spoke again, "You can pass judgement wherever you like, preferably someplace far away from our town. We don't need you."

Sera sighed, "What he means is, we have a place for you to stay right here in town at the Inn... I own it, and you're welcome to have a room there. That should do for you for now."

Llorian shot her a dirty look and she shrugged at him, the man looked tired. He must need rest, and maybe a little hospitality would go a long ways.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 05:53:09 PM »

Icarus scampered back off to his mother, the man was weird. He seemed nice, but he seemed like something bothered him, like he was having a bad day.

Llorian spoke again, "You can pass judgement wherever you like, preferably someplace far away from our town. We don't need you."

Sera sighed, "What he means is, we have a place for you to stay right here in town at the Inn... I own it, and you're welcome to have a room there. That should do for you for now."

Llorian shot her a dirty look and she shrugged at him, the man looked tired. He must need rest, and maybe a little hospitality would go a long ways.

The tall man clenched his teeth and stared pointedly at the ill-mannered man. Something within him wanted to simply wring the man's neck where he stood. How DARE he show such impertinence to his new liege lord? 'Darth Severus' clenched his hands into fists. It would be so incredibly simple to simply squash the man like the insect that he was. Yet even as he thought it, he envisioned the memory of his own face contorted in rage as he killed another man. He couldn't be that man anymore.

With that realization, 'Severus' turned to look at the kind, young woman. Allowing his expression to soften, he said, "Thank you, kind daughter. Your service will be remembered and rewarded." He straightened up to his full height. His regal posture was a strange contrast to the ill-fitting clothing that he wore. "Do lead on. And arrange for me to have robes brought to me as befits my role as lord."

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 08:07:07 PM »

It had been hours on end since 'Darth Severus' had named himself lord of the planet. Much had happened in those hours. The young woman, someone that he had learned was named Sera, had given him shelter, a meal, and even arranged for him to have clothes made for him and his giant frame. Once he had learned the names of those he had interacted with earlier, and learned the name of the planet and city which he would rule, 'Severus' retired to his room.

When the door had shut, the large man with little memory had laid down in his bed and stared at the ceiling. It was there, and in that position, that he had remained for what felt like an eternity. He stared at the ceiling, seeing patterns which were not truly present in the woodwork. He realized, after more than an hour's thought, that he could not sleep. How could he sleep when his frame didn't even fit in the bed? His arms hung down over the side, and his legs were draped over the end of the bed. It was uncomfortable, to say the least.

Before he realized what he was doing, or even where he was going, 'Darth Severus' swung his legs out from the side of the bed and placed his large feet on the cold, stone floor. As the differences in temperature hit him, the coldness of the floor, and the warmth of the evening air, the tall man closed his eyes and sighed with a sense of contentment. It was a strange feeling after all the turmoil he had faced up to that point.

After spending several minutes enjoying the difference of temperature, and of simply basking in the feeling of contentment, the man who was such a villain, lowered himself to the ground. After he crossed his legs, he leaned his head backward, and closed his eyes, and tried to feel something beyond himself. Though he had very little memory, the word 'meditation' came to mind. It was useless. If there was anything or anyone out there, he felt no connection to it or them. Eventually, he simply gave up and laid back down in the bed and tried to sleep.

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 08:25:05 PM »

Llorian calmed the town people with his loud voice, "Quiet! Everyone Quiet!"

He waited for the loud cacophony to settle before he continued. "Y'all know why we're here, we have a new 'ruler' and I for one am not going to stand idly by while he takes over our town!"

The crowd erupts into shouting, most of it in approval, though there were a few naysayers in the audience.

Sera spoke above the noise, her melodic voice still sounding beautiful though assertive, "And how pray tell do you intend to usurp him? He wields great power, more than our people can deal with."

The rabble rose to ear splitting levels before Llorian regained control of his town, "I'm not saying this will be easy, but we might just need to call in some help from the Republic."

Everyone started shouting again, mostly negative comments and things of the sort. An elderly gentleman spoke louder than the rest, "Why would the Republic remember us now? The galaxy has forgotten about us."

Llorian quipped, "And we've forgotten them as well. It was our people's decision to withdraw from the galaxy at large, a war just helped us do that. If we re-established communication with the Republic they would not deny us help."

More negative feedback from the town, Sera spoke again, "For now we need to placate this man, if he's truly evil we will know, if there's some chance that he's just misguided we might be able to help him."

Llorian scoffed and answered before the people could discuss, "There's nothing good about a man who claims himself a god among men. He needs to be stopped."

**The meeting continues for hours**

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 07:54:54 PM »

At long last, 'Darth Severus' awoke from a sleep that he hadn't even realized he had fallen into. He certainly didn't feel rested, and the warmth and comfort of sleep eluded him as well. Despite all of the lack, he knew that he had slept because his eyes opened after a time, and he was in possession of new memories.

In the new set of memories, different times and places flashed through his mind. Horrific images of beings known as 'Demons', the oppressive cold of deep space as he tumbled through the blackness alone, a smiling face belonging to a blue-skinned boy. Each memory represented but a mere moment and a feeling. It amazed the man who had come to realize that he was 'Darth Severus', that he went through such a range of emotions. Rather than the simple anger he had always seen in his memories, he felt an entire range of fear, loneliness, pain, joy, and sorrow.

Such memories bore analyzing at a later time. For the present though, 'Severus' determined that he would spend time among the people he had come to claim as his own; the people that he saw as his adoptive children. They were not a wild and wayward people, but they WERE in need of a strong and loving hand to guide them.

As 'Darth Severus' left his temporary quarters and the building, he noticed that lights could be seen in the windows of a long, low building. What was more, voices could be heard from inside. His people had gathered together and neglected to inform him. Perhaps an unintentional slight, but one which had to be corrected. The new ruler of Tiems approached the building, threw open the doors, and proclaimed, "My children, I am here!"

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 06:27:04 PM »

The town falls silent, everyone stares at the newly proclaimed Lord of Tiems. Llorian regards the man from the podium, he is clearly the elder of the town, and his opinion is valued and respected. Severus serves as a rival to Llorian, and a hindrance to Llorian's beliefs in freedom and equality.

Llorian smiles after a look from Sera prods him to be nice. "I believe you called yourself Severus?" Llorian spoke as kindly as his old gruff voice could muster, "We were discussing your arrival and I apologize if I came across as rude. WE merely have not explained to you our customs, and perhaps we can learn more about you as well."

Llorian paused, "What planet do you hail from?"

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 04:26:43 PM »

The self-proclaimed leader of Tiems paused. It was such a simple question; one which any normal being in the galaxy should be able to answer without so much as thinking. The longer that 'Darth Severus' thought, the more uncomfortable he became. His children were watching and waiting, confused as to why he wasn't answering.

At long last, the tall man spoke. His voice was no longer as commanding in tone as it had been mere moments before. Rather, his voice and eyes took on a faraway look. "I do not know where I come from." There was a great intake of air as many of his children gasped. Undeterred, he continued, "My past is, for the most part, a complete mystery to me. I have seen flashes, short visions of the past. Honestly, even my name has only been made known to me through those visions."

'Severus' knew that there was no turning back now, so he continued. "I know of a term, the language I cannot place, but the term is Kerux Emet. Kerux Emet is a term that refers to someone who proclaims the truth. That is what I endeavor to do here; regardless of the difficulty. What little I know of my life before arriving on Tiems, is that I fought a man, and killed him. I don't know why I did so, and I don't even know who the man was. If I am to cease being 'Darth Severus' though, and become Kerux Emet, I must let you know of this, my children."

Before anyone could speak, or attack the man and monster, 'Severus' continued, "As I said, I have no idea why I killed the man, or who he was. That said, the one thing that I do know is that I am filled with regret. I can never undo what has been done, but I can ensure that none of you and none of your children ever face the same regret as I do each moment. That is why, little children, that I am here. I may not understand how I have come to this place, but it is clear to me why I am here. I am here to become Kerux Emet and lead you in the paths which you should follow."

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2013, 12:44:07 PM »

The self-proclaimed leader of Tiems paused. It was such a simple question; one which any normal being in the galaxy should be able to answer without so much as thinking. The longer that 'Darth Severus' thought, the more uncomfortable he became. His children were watching and waiting, confused as to why he wasn't answering.

At long last, the tall man spoke. His voice was no longer as commanding in tone as it had been mere moments before. Rather, his voice and eyes took on a faraway look. "I do not know where I come from." There was a great intake of air as many of his children gasped. Undeterred, he continued, "My past is, for the most part, a complete mystery to me. I have seen flashes, short visions of the past. Honestly, even my name has only been made known to me through those visions."

'Severus' knew that there was no turning back now, so he continued. "I know of a term, the language I cannot place, but the term is Kerux Emet. Kerux Emet is a term that refers to someone who proclaims the truth. That is what I endeavor to do here; regardless of the difficulty. What little I know of my life before arriving on Tiems, is that I fought a man, and killed him. I don't know why I did so, and I don't even know who the man was. If I am to cease being 'Darth Severus' though, and become Kerux Emet, I must let you know of this, my children."

Before anyone could speak, or attack the man and monster, 'Severus' continued, "As I said, I have no idea why I killed the man, or who he was. That said, the one thing that I do know is that I am filled with regret. I can never undo what has been done, but I can ensure that none of you and none of your children ever face the same regret as I do each moment. That is why, little children, that I am here. I may not understand how I have come to this place, but it is clear to me why I am here. I am here to become Kerux Emet and lead you in the paths which you should follow."

::Various NPC's::

One of the townspeople blurted, "He's insane!"

Another shouted, "He's lost his mind."

Llorian calmed them all down "Easy easy, look! We're not trying to cause trouble for you mister, and it sounds to me like you don't even know what happened before you ended up here. You've got amnesia mister, and you need medical attention."

Doc spoke, "Yep, sounds like amnesia to me, if you come over to my office we can take a look at you and see what's going on up there in your old brain bucket."

Severus had landed in a town of people who were wary, even terrified of him, but with genuine hearts they would try to offer him assistance.

Llorian smiled kindly at Severus, he wanted this man patched up, and sent on his way. There was no place for a ruler in this town.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2013, 06:57:52 PM »

::Various NPC's::

One of the townspeople blurted, "He's insane!"

Another shouted, "He's lost his mind."

Llorian calmed them all down "Easy easy, look! We're not trying to cause trouble for you mister, and it sounds to me like you don't even know what happened before you ended up here. You've got amnesia mister, and you need medical attention."

Doc spoke, "Yep, sounds like amnesia to me, if you come over to my office we can take a look at you and see what's going on up there in your old brain bucket."

Severus had landed in a town of people who were wary, even terrified of him, but with genuine hearts they would try to offer him assistance.

Llorian smiled kindly at Severus, he wanted this man patched up, and sent on his way. There was no place for a ruler in this town.

His pride made him want to rant, yell, and rage. 'Darth Severus' wanted to command his children to be silent. He wanted to somehow remove their memories of his entire revelation. That was the side of him that was evil; the side that could strike a man down in cold blood. That was the man whose face 'Severus' had seen reflected back in the stranger's mask; the face contorted with rage.

Still, despite the feelings of shame, anger, regret, and even hatred, 'Severus' felt a still, small, movement within his soul. It was something telling him that he didn't have to be such a person, and that he could indeed be redeemed. The man who would be Kerux Emet took a deep, steadying breath.

"Very well, children. You may inspect me and see if there is, in fact, a form of amnesia I am dealing with. Perhaps it will help me to be a better ruler; a better father to each of you. Lead the way at your earliest convenience, physician."

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2013, 07:18:17 PM »

Doc looked around for approval, Llorian nodded an affirmative.

Doc looked at Severus, "Just Doc, Doc Lowry is my given name, but just Doc 'll do."

Doc showed Severus to his office, it wasn't as advanced as anything in the Republic or Empire, but he had some pretty toys.

He had Severus sit down in the exam room, and Doc started taking basic medical readings.

"So are you a Sith or a Jedi?"

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2013, 07:23:16 PM »

Doc looked around for approval, Llorian nodded an affirmative.

Doc looked at Severus, "Just Doc, Doc Lowry is my given name, but just Doc 'll do."

Doc showed Severus to his office, it wasn't as advanced as anything in the Republic or Empire, but he had some pretty toys.

He had Severus sit down in the exam room, and Doc started taking basic medical readings.

"So are you a Sith or a Jedi?"

'Severus' began to answer, "Je... I mean, Sith. After all, I'm 'Darth Severus', aren't I?" He shook his head in frustration with his own inability to remember anything. He had to recover his status if he was going to lead these people. But how?

"Doc," he asked with a feigned confidence, "How long have you been the heal... physician for my children? I should reward you for keeping them in good health until my arrival."

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2013, 07:29:50 PM »

'Severus' began to answer, "Je... I mean, Sith. After all, I'm 'Darth Severus', aren't I?" He shook his head in frustration with his own inability to remember anything. He had to recover his status if he was going to lead these people. But how?

"Doc," he asked with a feigned confidence, "How long have you been the heal... physician for my children? I should reward you for keeping them in good health until my arrival."

Doc smiled, "Shucks, I don't do this for any type of reward, my patients pay me if they can, if not we take care of each other."

He scanned Severus' head, and then body, "We'll I don't see any signs of trauma, and I don't see anything unusual." He paused and scratched his head, "matter of fact, that's downright unusual. You are fit as a fiddle, have you ever broken any bones? Surgery? Anything?"

He started getting a reading of Severus' brain activity.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:49:40 PM by BenPass » Logged

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 07:58:39 PM »

Again, a question I don't have an answer for, 'Severus' thought in frustration. I've revealed too much of my problems to hold back now. The forgetful man with white hair sighed and said, "I don't know, Doc. Honestly, when I woke in the field, I was like a child being born."

The self-proclaimed Sith Lord looked back at what he could remember. He remembered the feeling of the sun on his face, the bright light. The bright light! Why does that seem so important, he asked himself silently.

After a moment, he decided to clarify his previous statement. "I remember an incredibly bright light, and it felt as though it would blind me. Then, I woke up without a memory."

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013, 09:25:32 PM »

Doc continued reading the man's brain activity. "Mhmm. Yep... I see. Hmm."

He shut off the machine and focused on Severus. "Well as far as signs of head trauma, there are none. Matter of fact there is no sign of trauma at all in your body, no signs of disease, deterioration, anything to indicate that you are aging at all. I'd need to do more tests but you seem to be very fit."

He paused and then continued "Your brain activity is amazing, most beings only actively use and control approximately 10% of their brain power, the other 90% is responsible for subconscious calculations and various other functions that are beyond our control. Jedi or Sith generally have heightened brain activity since they must develop their focus to use the Force. You on the other hand are maxing out the machine. The fact that you can't remember the day you were born is impressive. If you are not remembering your past, it must be that you are actively choosing not to remember. That's something you'll have to square with in your own time."

He shuffled through some files and continued, "Now I'm no expert, but I don't think you were a Sith. Your body doesn't display any of the deteriorative effects of prolonged dark side use."

He added thoughtfully, "Honestly I don't know what you are." 

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 09:42:45 PM »

The doctor's statement rocked the self-proclaimed Sith's world. What did he mean, he didn't think that he had been a Sith? What about his few memories and visions? There was something about the man that seemed to tell 'Severus' that he could be trusted; that he was a just, honest man. Dare he reveal what he knew? Surely it would lessen his chances of leading his children in the proper path. But maybe, just maybe, earning Doc's trust would help others trust him as well; despite his past.

His mind made up, 'Severus' said, "I don't know about my body or my mind. Maybe there's something special, and maybe there isn't. The thing is, Doc, I think I must have been a Sith before. I...when I go to sleep, I see myself facing off against a man. The man is in armor," his voice began taking on a far-away tone as he remembered the dream.

"The man in armor is holding some sort of sword made of light. He keeps trying to avoid me, but I keep attacking him. Eventually, he says something to me, and I try to kill him. Doc," the man said with a lump in his throat. "I started to choke the life out of him. The dream ends when I see my face reflected in his helmet; its twisted in anger."

The tall man with white hair cleared his throat, dispelling the traces of sorrow welling up within his heart. "Whoever the man was, I have no doubt that I killed him. Even if I wasn't one of the Sith, I was an awful person. I can't let my children make the same mistakes."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: