Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald LED Board  (Read 8804 times)
DarkJediKnight
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

The Force Will Be With You…..Always

« on: November 06, 2013, 05:53:38 AM »

Hey guys (after a very long hiatus I'm back Cheesy)

Anyway does anyone have any experience with this new Emerald LED colour changing board ? I'm considering getting a new Saber to go along with my others Smiley

Any information you have down to the tiny detail would be helpful Smiley

thanks guys

MTFBWY

A Lightsaber Is Apart Of You Are Without It Your Incomplete

Graflex SE - AB
Prophecy - SY - GB
Dark Prophecy - BR
Archon 2.1 - EG
Reaper - AS

LSP please Smiley

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 06:16:53 AM »

We aren't supposed to know about it yet. It was a leak. Every thread about the Emerald stuff gets taken down very quickly.

dhenwood
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 28

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 06:18:26 AM »

They sent the newsletter out and all the youtube vids are up though?

( :::::::::::::::::::::::[}o[i i i i i i i][ i i i i i i i]o{}::::::::::::::::::::: )
                                       Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
()={i i][llll][  o{ii[}}] | ::::::::::::::::::::::::::: )
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

dhenwood
Knight Captain

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 06:19:27 AM »

And its on the website to purchase.

( :::::::::::::::::::::::[}o[i i i i i i i][ i i i i i i i]o{}::::::::::::::::::::: )
                                       Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 06:20:18 AM »

Oh they just put those up it seems. They must be official now.

DarkJediKnight
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 06:25:39 AM »

what do you guys think about it then ? It essentially lets you change your lightsaber colour doesn't it? like from red idle to say green idle ? and then obviously you have the flash on clash capabilities , tell me your opinions Smiley

Graflex SE - AB
Prophecy - SY - GB
Dark Prophecy - BR
Archon 2.1 - EG
Reaper - AS

LSP please Smiley

dhenwood
Knight Captain

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 06:39:29 AM »

The colour change option for pulsate and flicker interests me the most to be honest. Its a shame they havnt put in the option of flash on clash without sound because im use the driver could have done it and theres no discount for getting both but thats smart busines sI suppose.

I want to know what flash on clash is available with the 2 channel driver as they havnt put that up yet. If you have the 4 channel though any colour in the world with any flash with any pulsate is probably worth 220 dollars.

Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

DarkJediKnight
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 06:51:30 AM »

I'm pretty sure theres a silent lightsaber font a forum member made i can't remember who it was though >.< i just love the whole idea of this especially  changing my idle saber colour i can never stick to one colour haha so being able to change the idle colour will help me big time XD  as for the flash on clash and pulse features experimentation is going to be a lot of fun here

Graflex SE - AB
Prophecy - SY - GB
Dark Prophecy - BR
Archon 2.1 - EG
Reaper - AS

LSP please Smiley

dhenwood
Knight Captain

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 07:00:58 AM »

Its not the sound im bothered about its the 80 - 105 dollars for the board lol. For me I think RGB is still the best option as shades of colours dont bother me as much. I imagine though RGB is going to get phased out soon.

Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

DarkJediKnight
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 07:39:34 AM »

ahh i see your point haha , i agree although we could be wrong this new emerald board may prove unpopular highly unlikely but who knows Smiley

Graflex SE - AB
Prophecy - SY - GB
Dark Prophecy - BR
Archon 2.1 - EG
Reaper - AS

LSP please Smiley

dhenwood
Knight Captain

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 07:42:08 AM »

Its a lot of money and think there are other boards out there that can do the pulsate and several fonts etc but no other board can change to any colour.

Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 07:55:06 AM »

It's similar in price to the RGB option, unless you go for the 4 channel option, but I like the convenience of just pushing a button to change color rather than hooking the saber up to the computer.  Still it would be nice to have unlimited color possibilities though.  Considering 4-channel is $140 I can't see getting it on anything other than a stunt setup.  It would make a sound saber too costly for me.  Huh 

I expect it will be quite popular for those who can afford it.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

DarkJediKnight
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 07:55:31 AM »

well I'm sure they'l figure it out at some point just like they've done with this new board Smiley

Graflex SE - AB
Prophecy - SY - GB
Dark Prophecy - BR
Archon 2.1 - EG
Reaper - AS

LSP please Smiley

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 01:52:56 PM »

It is a lot of money... but then, even a Grab Bag or stunt Initiate isn't cheap Wink

I'm taken with the idea of having one 'sabre with the Emerald setup, but I don't think it'll become the preferred option any more than RGB is (although the extra switches may have something to do with that). I like the idea of a Guardian with this setup, as I really want one in Guardian Blue, but I like the idea of experimenting as well. I like the Bane, too - a 'sabre I've held off on because of the lack of an MHS emitter, but the colour switching would make that so versatile... and allow me to switch easily between yellow/blue/red/pink... All of which I could see having on that hilt.

I'm up to 10 'sabres now, and 6 of those are stunt setups. I might just push the boat out for number 11... but I'm going to need to find a way to expand my signature Cheesy

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 05:40:21 PM »

The colour change option for pulsate and flicker interests me the most to be honest. Its a shame they havnt put in the option of flash on clash without sound because im use the driver could have done it and theres no discount for getting both but thats smart busines sI suppose.
95% sure that the reason is that the Obsidian is where the clash sensor is, so without the Obsidian there's no clash sensor and thus no way to know when to flash.  They probably could make a board solely to detect clash and feed that to the Emerald, but I doubt it would be worth it (to either them (US) or us (the buyers)).

I want to know what flash on clash is available with the 2 channel driver as they havnt put that up yet. If you have the 4 channel though any colour in the world with any flash with any pulsate is probably worth 220 dollars.
The FoC you can choose is going to be any color available with those 2 channels, as will the normal color.  For example, 2-channel G+B would let you have the blade be GB, AB, SRD, EG, CG, or anywhere in-between, and the FoC could be chosen from the same range of colors.  I think there's enough info in the forum colors thread for you to know what colors are needed for each, and thus which colors you can choose for FoC.  (For that matter, a lot are common sense; purple is red+blue, so obviously a 2-channel can't do VA with CG FoC because it has no green to do it with.)

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up