Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald LED Board  (Read 8806 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1835

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 07:07:37 PM »

Pulse and instant color change is what got me interested. Like say you want a leaf green or a bright blue, you can have that now. Any shade of any color possible.

Sabers: Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO. Now content with all my sabers =]
Nerd on!
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 08:49:09 PM »

Imagine the next raffles Smiley.

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

dhenwood
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 28

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 02:40:11 AM »

Its as shame theres not enough space to fit it all in with sound into the smaller hilts though really pushes the price up having to get a bellicose or above and they are not inlcuding emerald with sound with dotd prices.

( :::::::::::::::::::::::[}o[i i i i i i i][ i i i i i i i]o{}::::::::::::::::::::: )
                                       Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
()={i i][llll][  o{ii[}}] | ::::::::::::::::::::::::::: )
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 06:47:36 AM »

Its as shame theres not enough space to fit it all in with sound into the smaller hilts though really pushes the price up having to get a bellicose or above and they are not inlcuding emerald with sound with dotd prices.

Today's Deal of the Day? Guardian with Sound and... Emerald Guardian with Sound!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 06:57:00 AM by James Casey » Logged

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

DarkJediKnight
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

The Force Will Be With You…..Always

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 07:34:50 AM »

Today's Deal of the Day? Guardian with Sound and... Emerald Guardian with Sound!

BLAST!!!!!!! im ordering a new saber next thursday why couldn't this have been the deal of the day then Sad Guardian is one of my favourites

A Lightsaber Is Apart Of You Are Without It Your Incomplete

Graflex SE - AB
Prophecy - SY - GB
Dark Prophecy - BR
Archon 2.1 - EG
Reaper - AS

LSP please Smiley

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 08:13:17 AM »

But but but but... I'm broke!!!

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

DarkJediKnight
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

The Force Will Be With You…..Always

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 08:39:22 AM »

But but but but... I'm broke!!!

i feel your pain man i feel your pain Sad

A Lightsaber Is Apart Of You Are Without It Your Incomplete

Graflex SE - AB
Prophecy - SY - GB
Dark Prophecy - BR
Archon 2.1 - EG
Reaper - AS

LSP please Smiley

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1114

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 09:46:59 AM »

No, this time they won't convince me buying another ultrasaber xD Even with the Emerald option...if they would cut the price at 200$ including shipping and tax, then I probably would say yes...but as they won't do that, it is no option for me for a long time ^^ My favourite (Graflex CE) with all the equipment would be at 800$...plus tax and shipping maybe 900$ - a saber I simply can't pay for Sad

EDIT: The price is only 585.50$ Shocked...nevertheless, it's not affordable for now.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 09:52:39 AM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

dhenwood
Knight Captain

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 10:45:28 AM »

Ah James they must have changed it since yesterday when I looked at some of the hilts with sound and emerald that were on dotd. Good to know Smiley

If they offer hilts with emerald no sound but with an av switch I might do that after seeing flash in clash in person I actually didnt like it too much its too obvious IMO and literally just looks like a light changing from blue to green for a second rather than a flicker like during the lock up.

( :::::::::::::::::::::::[}o[i i i i i i i][ i i i i i i i]o{}::::::::::::::::::::: )
                                       Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 12:06:27 PM »

If they offer hilts with emerald no sound but with an av switch I might do that after seeing flash in clash in person I actually didnt like it too much its too obvious IMO and literally just looks like a light changing from blue to green for a second rather than a flicker like during the lock up.
Note that Emerald's FoC is a whole different beast from Obsidian's.  Obsidian's, like you said, is a momentary flash of one other color.  Emerald's can oscillate between any two colors an arbitrary number of times at an arbitrary rate.  If you want a fast multiple flicker for FoC, Emerald can do it.  (Deep shows that in one of the videos, although the effect doesn't come through all that well due to framerate and video compression.)

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1114

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 12:51:17 PM »

Ah James they must have changed it since yesterday when I looked at some of the hilts with sound and emerald that were on dotd. Good to know Smiley

I just saw that The Graflex SE is without sound, but with AV switch and Emerald options ^^ But it might not be the hilt you want.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

ironman37
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 04:21:39 PM »

Can anyone tell me the difference between the 4 channel RGBW and RGBA?

EDIT:
Nevermind. Just finished watching the videos lol.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:27:27 PM by ironman37 » Logged

ForceFX Darth Vader
Overlord - Obsidian/RGB

Wish List:
Azure Reaper - Obsidian/Emerald

dhenwood
Knight Captain

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 04:46:15 PM »

It sounds like RGBA is actually better for richer colours, though only in colours that need an amber/yellow/orange tint I suppose. The only colours I can thing of having the white for would be for a lighter artic blue. i doubt there will be enough noticeable difference between either of them tbh.

Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2013, 07:59:14 PM »

It sounds like RGBA is actually better for richer colours, though only in colours that need an amber/yellow/orange tint I suppose. The only colours I can thing of having the white for would be for a lighter artic blue. i doubt there will be enough noticeable difference between either of them tbh.

Deep just posted on the other Emerald thread.  According to him, "There is no benefit to getting RGBA over RGBW as a matter of fact it's highly unrecommended."  I would be curious to see if somebody enterprising does end up coming up with a neat color or effect using it, though.  Personally, I'm inclined to skip both white and amber and use channel 4 for the AV illumination.

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2013, 11:14:17 AM »

I'm very interested in the Emerald. However, it's inconvenient and pointlessly costly to send my saber back for an upgrade because of where I live (rural Russia), so I emailed Ultrasabers asking if I can purchase the driver separately.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: