Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Emerald Saber Review  (Read 2895 times)
Mikeyeggy
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

« on: November 22, 2013, 08:36:02 PM »

So I received my Shock LE (Emerald) today and I just have to say that I'm completely blown away.  I'm new to the saber world, so I really didn't know what to expect.  This saber is probably the coolest thing that I have ever seen.  So, here goes nothing.

First, when I unpacked the saber, I noticed how light it was.  The only other saber I have is the Force FX Anakin Lightsaber.  That one has a good weight to it, but I kept turning off the blade as I was swinging it around (bad placement of the slide switch).  The button on the Shock LE is placed in a good location and it is easy to use.  I ordered it with blue blade and flash as Bane's Heart.  I played around with it in this configuration for a little while then I got bored with it.  So I decided to try to change the color.  The color change was quite simple, but there is a little bit of a learning curve to the software.  If you plug the cable into the LED driver, the section of the software that you use to change this will automatically populate when you open the Obsidian software.

The way you change the colors is really easy.  There is two ways to choose a new color.  The easiest is to just choose a color from the "Pick Color" button.  The other way is to play with the sliders and change individual channel settings.  This makes the saber just awesome for someone with ADHD like myself.  I get bored with a color so I change it.

Well, there really isn't much else to say about this.  Everything else on the saber is the same as in other sabers.  Same soundboard as all the others, same blade as all the others, same hilt as the other Shock LEs.  With the Emerald driver you get over 16 million colors to choose from and you can choose from all the same colors for flash on clash.  So now the combinations of all these becomes more than 281 trillion.  You will NEVER be able to try all the color/FOC combinations.  I hope this has answered some of the questions that some of you may have.

Sciggs
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 121

Neither the dark nor the light, but the grey.

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 08:38:59 PM »

Which set up did you get? RGBW or RGBA?

Manticore CG/AB FoC Obsidian Green A/V-- Modified Arabic theme
Dark Shock AB/AS Foc Obsidian Blue A/V
Overlord Obsidian with 4 channel RGBA
Initiate V3 SY/AS Foc Obsidian Red A/V
Initiate V3 BR/AS Foc Obsidian Yellow A/V
Azure Omen Obsidian with 2 channel BG non-lit A/V

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 09:00:53 PM »

Very nice choice for your saber.  Was the color changing easy, and what LED did you choose? 

Also the number of blade colors is approximately 4.2 billion, and the blade and FoC combinations is approximately 9 quintillion.  Just thought I'd give a more accurate number.  It gets stupidly big.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 09:54:43 PM »

Thanks for the quick review, it's nice to know the software is easy to adapt to and that it seems to work really well. Smiley

Mikeyeggy
Knight Aspirant

Re:
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 06:01:07 AM »

I chose the RGBW setup.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 06:42:31 AM »

Awesome, man point for the review. Smiley I know we've all been drooling for this. Smiley

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Mikeyeggy
Knight Aspirant

Re:
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 07:59:54 AM »

I was lucky. My wife let me get this as my very first US saber.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: