Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Violent Violet Liberator review  (Read 3342 times)
Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« on: January 10, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »

Some time ago, I got myself one of the original liberators when they first came out, priced at $100 a piece. And them promptly kicked myself for not ordering two!
The liberator had a lovely look and feel, very light and agile in the hands when duelling or spinning.
But they were a limited edition, which quickly sold out. No more where that one came from! Cry

However, not all was lost! This past year, Ultrasabers re-released the Liberator, in a somewhat simpler form. This one doesn't have as much detail machined into the hilt as its older cousin. Its finish isn't quite as silky smooth. Therefore, they're able to offer it at a lower price, about $20 cheaper. Although I really scored and picked up my pair during the intro, for about $10 less. With a matched pair, I also recieved a staff coupler, allowing my two Liberators to be joined together into a lightstaff.
Like I said, I ordered two. I opted for the violet blades, which are a pinkish shade of purple, and asked for shorter blades- mine came with 32", down from the standard 36".

Overall, I love these. The concave handle sections feel great in my hands, making for a very comfortable grip. They balance well with ultra edge blades, and when swung are very fast and agile feel when spinning or sparring. Although their basic design is simple, they lend themselves well to customization- I've seen the concave grips wrapped with tape, and I'm currently trying to wrap mine in leather. For somebody looking for a great spinning saber, or a light and fast duelling piece, I can't reccomend these highly enough. Joined together, they make a wicked staff. I think my only qualm is the length of the blades- on my 5'3 self, even 32" is pushing it for dual wield spinning, or staffplay. 24" is sometimes too short, perhaps 30" would be more comfortable.

I'll add two pics- one of the hilts is currently plain, the other has a leather lace wrap over the concave section (work in progress), which I am not entirely happy with, I may end up replacing it.

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 05:58:04 PM »

I like the liberator, its simple but elegant, Leave plenty of room for Customization, plus arent the MHS comp?

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

Oz Drift3r
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 03:32:31 PM »

I like the liberator, its simple but elegant, Leave plenty of room for Customization, plus arent the MHS comp?

Unfortunately they're not Sad

Phantom V2 - RGB
Initiate V2 - Violet Amethyst
Liberator V2 - Under Construction

zach skywalker
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 01:21:51 PM »

You shpuld get a coupler for those to make an awesome staff

Yoda"Try not do or do not"
Luke"You want the imposible"

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 01:40:20 AM »

Nice sabers, I got a Liberator myself but in the green, nice color. I need a thicker blade though which I am getting tomorrow (half free). All I have to pay for is the shipping. Ultra is nice and awesome. Cheesy I'm getting just a regular heavy grade blade not the ultra edge. I like the silver look the blades get when they are turned off. The blade I got with my saber was the mid grade blade and for some reason it was wobbly abit but when I wen't to test my TCSS thick walled battle blade it fit perfectly, no wobblyness. Either way I love my first Ultra Saber, I'm getting my bro the Dark Standard Issue next month in the red. And you can always get leather from Jo-Ann's Fabrics, a leather grip would look cool on the Liberator saber. Just giving an idea.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 07:47:13 AM »

I do have a coupler for those:) As for Jo-Ann's, we don't have those here. We do have a Tandy though, and I'm a leatherworker of sorts. I'll have to take one of my sabers in with me next time I go, and get some ideas for the best way to wrap it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: