Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Coruscant  (Read 8464 times)
Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« on: January 30, 2018, 04:36:42 PM »

Coruscant 3645 BBY/ 8 ATC

http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Coruscant

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Coruscant

Covered in kilometer tall buildings that span the entire surface of the planet, Coruscant is the largest, oldest and most diverse city-world in the galaxy. The capital of the Galactic Republic and the home of the Galactic Senate, Coruscant is considered to be the most politically important world in the galaxy.

The world is rebuilding in the wake of the Sacking of Coruscant in 3653 BBY, and even though eight years have passed some of the scars of that night are still evident.

Last night on Coruscant, a Senate leader, Marell Teefor of Corellia was assassinated and Major Alma Frid, of the Republic Army, and Jedi Master Lonus Naa have been put in charge of the investigation.  People friendly to the Republic have been recruited to help find the culprit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Senate building was quiet, the normal gossip and glad handling that took place in the halls was gone and the few conversations that were taking place were subdued. The guard had been doubled but that had not seemed to calm any of the Senator’s nerves, or eliminate any of Frid’s misgivings about this mission. She had asked for seasoned SIS agents but instead she received a blind Jedi Master and a bunch of young recruits.  The Republic was better than the Empire but it was still tougher to make it high into the ranks of the army if you were a female, even if you were a human female; Major Alma Frid expression was as hard as her armor, she had learnt long ago that being taken seriously was more important than making friends when it came to career advancement.

“The Jedi Master doesn’t have the ability to show up on time,” Frid muttered to herself as she approached the conference room. They lost their own Temple to the Sith and yet we invite them back into our circle the moment one thing goes wrong Frid thought to herself as she opened the door and entered the room.

At least two young Jedi were sitting at a table near the front of the dark conference room a young Jedi Knight and a Padawan, a Zabrak and a Nikto when you combined them with Jedi Naa they would make quite an interesting group.

“Your Jedi Master Naa is running late as usual” Frid said as she headed to a table at the front of the room and sat down. “It is my job to brief you on your mission here on Coruscant and I’d like to start by saying that I don’t think you are needed. For twelve hours members of my SIS team have been searching the area of Senator Teefor’s assassination and I don’t think you will be able to do any better than they have. Your skills were not helpful in stopping the sacking of Coruscant and they will not be helpful here either.”

Frid let out a sigh as she stood up, “With that out of the way the Senate has asked that I forward their warm welcome to you. The Senate puts more stalk in your abilities than I do and in this case I hope they are right. Senator Teefor’s body was found in the lowest level of the city, only three miles south of the senate building.”

Frid moved over to a table in the front of the room and sat on it, “His only wound was a blaster burn through his upper torso. We are having his body moved here for examination. It is the will of the Senate that you go to the scene of the crime and add anything you can to this investigation. At the moment we have not been able to find out why Senator Teefor was in the lower levels or why he his guards were not with him. The Republic expects you to succeed where the SIS has failed,” Frid scowled at the group. “Speed is of the essence if you do not produce results quickly I will petition the Senate to have you replaced.”

“You are free to go, there will be a shuttle arriving at the rear of the building in ten minutes, you are to meet Jedi Master Naa there and he will take you to the scene of the crime, I will be arriving there shortly to monitor your progress. You are dismissed” Frid said as she quickly turned and left the room.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2029

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 03:10:54 PM »

:: Coryn Nabor, Jedi Apprentice ::
:: Senate Building corridor, Coruscant ::

After the briefing was over, Coryn and the other Jedi left the room, and headed towards the rear landing platform. As they walked, Coryn couldn’t help but think about how strange this mission was. There did not seem to be any good reason for Senator Treefor to be down on the lowest levels. Besides the fact that the air was toxic that far down, it was also solely inhabited by thieves, murderers, and the like. Maybe the Senator had been killed on a different level, and then placed there to throw the police off the scent. Coryn did not know yet, but he hoped to find out soon.

Turning his attention to the Zabrak beside him, he asked, “What do you think is going on? I don’t know why yet, but I sense that something about this murder isn’t right.”

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

txdarkjedi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 06:16:51 AM »

:: Oexu Krokrum, Jedi Knight ::
:: Senate Building corridor, Coruscant ::

After listening to Major Frid berate the Jedi and their usefulness, bristling on the inside but on the outside his expression remained neutral, Oexu and his fellow Jedi, headed towards the shuttle. He thought about the murder of the Senator and tried to figure out what the Senator was doing on the lowest levels of the city. The lowest levels where known a a hive of scum and villiany, what was a Senate leader doing down their, had he gone down to meet someone, had he been kidnapped and then taken down there to die? He would have to wait for his answers.

Coryn asked him a question that brought him back to his surroundings. "I am not sure what is going on, but like you I sense that something else is afoot. We need to make sure that we keep our eyes and ears open and let the Force guide us in this investigation. Hopefully we can find some answers once we get a look at the crime scene and the body itself Until then we need to keep our theories between us and our Master."

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 04:48:34 PM »

:: Shuttle Pilot, Jex::

“Morning to you all, the name is Jex,” the shuttle pilot said as the Jedi entered the shuttle.  A younger looking Red Nikto and a Zabrak, an interesting pair, “My data pad says that I’m to take you to the surface of the city, I hope there is someone waiting for us. No offense but even with two Jedi, I wouldn’t feel too safe there.”

Jex forced a smile, “Anyway let us get this show on the road, Frid will have my job if I don’t get you guys there on time. Does this have anything to do with the rumors of our missing senator?”

Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 11:38:21 PM »

:: Shuttle, Coruscant ::

The pair of young Jedi walked in silence the rest of the way to the landing pad. Once there, they were welcomed by the pilot. He introduced himself as Jex, and then proceeded to tell the Jedi how he didn’t like the underworld of Coruscant. Well, he’s not the only one. Coryn thought as he listened.

Before giving either of the Jedi a chance to respond, Jex continued. “Anyway let us get this show on the road, Frid will have my job if I don’t get you guys there on time. Does this have anything to do with the rumors of our missing senator?”

Finally the Jedi sat down, and Coryn got a chance to speak. “As far as I know, there should be someone there to meet us. As to your questions about the senator, I’m not sure how many details we are allowed to divulge, but yes, it does have . . . something to do with Senetor Treefor. And please, by all means, let’s get moving. We wouldn’t want Frid taking your job now would we.” Coryn finished with a slight grin.

txdarkjedi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 06:01:03 AM »

As the shuttle decended through the durasteel and ferocreet labyrinth that makes up the city plantet, Qexu continued trying to figure out what had taken the Senator so deep into the bowels of the city.  As they drew nearer to their destination, he reached out with the force to see what he could see within the Force, and to let the Force guide him.

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 07:22:09 AM »

:: Shuttle Pilot, Jex ::

“Okay everyone hold on,” Jex shouted as he began to descend deep into the lower levels of the city. As the light from the sky began to fade Jex turned on the exterior lights on the shuttle.

A few moments later the shuttle rocked slightly as it landed. As the shuttle doors opened the occupants could see somewhere around thirty Republic troopers forming a perimeter around a human sized form covered in a sheet. Several fairly well dressed humans stood a few feet away from the covered form drinking from mugs as talking quietly.

Sitting in the middle of the secure area, with his back towards the shuttle, was a being a dark brown hooded robe.

Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

txdarkjedi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 05:58:34 AM »

Upon seeing the figure sitting in the secure area Oexu immediately focused his force probe to figure out if this is friend or foe.

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 07:18:59 AM »

:: Jedi Master Lonus Naa::
:: Coruscant, lower levels::

Jedi Master Naa sat in the darkness his eyes closed and his senses open, there were echoes of pain and confusion, anger and terror and of a calm coldness, of a being driven by purpose, so cold and so sad. Naa fought to bring himself off the path his mind was taking to bring himself back to the here and now and when he did he felt to points of light. One light shining through the darkness a little brighter than the other.

“Come friends,” Naa called out to the two new arrivals without turning around, “we have much work to do.”

Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

txdarkjedi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2018, 08:52:55 AM »

:: Coruscant, Lower Levels ::

Feeling relief at sensing Master Naa, Oexu began to look around him at the scene of the murder. As he walked down the ramp of the shuttle followed closely by the younger Jedi, Master Naa turned to them and said "Come friends, we have much work to do"

Reaching out again with the Force, Oexu tried to get a better understanding of what had happened to the Senator.  After a moment a slight shutter ran through him as he sensed the pain and anguish that the Senator had surely felt during his last moments.

Turning back to Master Naa he asked "Master Naa what have you already learned, who do you think is responsible for this?"

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 11:07:19 AM »

:: Coruscant Lower Levels, Coruscant ::

The ramp to the shuttle opened up, and Coryn could see Republic troops and a few upper class citizens. There was also a large man dressed in a long robe, sitting with his back to the shuttle. Coryn felt Oexu reach out with the Force to try and ascertain what intentions the man had, but Coryn knew that it was Master Naa. He had seen Master Naa a few times, and recognized the large bulk.

Oexu relaxed, so Coryn figured he must have realized who it was as well, but then Master Naa spoke.

“Come friends, we have much work to do.” He said rising.

Oexu then also spoke, asking Master Naa about what he had already learned. Coryn was slightly behind him as they descended the ramp of the clean vessel, into the grime and filth of the underworld. He had no reason yet to speak, so he remained silent as he stood, arms crossed, listening for the Master’s reply.

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 07:27:17 AM »

:: Jedi Master Lonus Naa::
:: Coruscant, lover levels::

Slowly getting to his feet Naa turns to the two Jedi’s approaching him and smiled as the Zabrak Knight began to speech, “I have not learnt as much as I have wished young Krokrum, our Republic friends have found very little physical evidence and the emotions I have picked up have been mixed. There was a betrayal here, I can sense the shock and anger in that.”

Naa paused for a while looking slightly up towards the sky, “I think whoever did this was a professional, I feel a coldness, for the killer this doesn’t seem to feel like it is about passion.”

“Hello Coryn Nabor, it’s nice to see you again,” Naa said with a nod towards the young padawan. “I’m going to go up a few levels and see what the scene looks like from above. I haven’t talked in detail to any of the Republic troops or Intelligence officers about what they have found; I suggest you two start there after you have examined the scene.”

Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

txdarkjedi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 06:05:37 AM »

After watching Master Naa depart Oexu begins to use the Force to highten his senses and to take in his surroundings looking for clues as to what happened. He goes over to where the body was found and bends down placing his hand over the spot where the Senator died, hoping to get a feel for what went on, and why someone would murder the Senator.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 12:06:36 AM »

:: Coruscant Lower Levels, Coruscant ::

Coryn stayed silent as Master Naa spoke about how little information he had, but how he thought it was a professional assassination. Lonus Naa had a reputation for having accurate senses about this type of thing, which was probably in part why he had been chosen for this assignment. Because of this, Coryn trusted Master Naa. After Naa finished speaking, he spoke a quick friendly greeting to Coryn before telling them of his plan to go a few levels up, while the younger two Jedi tried to learn what they could down here. Coryn nodded his hello, with an accompanying smile as the Jedi left.

After Master Naa departed, Oexu went over to examine the body. Rather than going with him, Coryn decided to survey the surroundings, and maybe ask some questions of the Republic troopers. He and Krokrum could speak later and compare notes.

As he approached the edge of the crime scene, he reached out with the Force, closing his eyes, and probing his surroundings, and the surrounding people for something, anything. Master Naa had said that there was a feeling of betrayal and anger. Coryn was hoping to pick this up, and maybe something more. The anger was extremely evident from everyone around, but the betrayal was different. He sensed a lingering thread of betrayal from the dead Senator, but also something from somewhere else. Maybe the Senator did something to someone close to him, who then felt betrayed, though Treefor didn’t know. So when Treefor found out, he also felt betrayed. Coryn thought as he continued probing. Nothing was certain as of yet, but Coryn definitely felt something out of place.

Reaching out towards the troops, Nabor tried to get a sense of what they were feeling. Most seemed annoyed, while others seemed restless. A few even seemed glad to be here. But one was different. A human male of probably around 30 standard years seemed off. Coryn looked up at the man. He kept looking furtively around, as if anxious of something. I’ll start with him. Coryn thought as he began walking toward the Intelligence officer. Then making a quick decision, he walked over to Oexu.

“Something doesn’t seem right about one of the Intelligence officers. I am going to go speak with him and see what he knows.” He said to the older Jedi. “I don’t know if you have found anything yet, but you may have some questions for him that I have not yet considered.”

txdarkjedi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 06:16:12 AM »

Oexu noticed Coryn coming towards him and leaned in to speak to him. Glancing around he noticed the intelligence officer in question and immediately felt apprehension and fear coming from him. There was definitely something going on with this one.  "Use caution Coryn, I agree with your insight that something is definitely not right with this man, trust in the Force to guide you, but be prepared for anything".

As Coryn walked over to talk to the intelligence officer, Qexu began to make his way behind the officer incase he tried to make an escape when confronted.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: