Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Author Topic: New RPG launch 2018- TOR era game discussion thread  (Read 42415 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 06:19:00 AM »

I'm new to this as well but I look forward to it.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated of course.

1. Jedi
2. Between the ATC and SWTOR sounds good to me.  Lots of things that can take place within that time span
3. Central starting point with a neutral zone so that we can at least have a non-combat zone to mingle within
4. Mini quests that leads to an overall story works well for me.  Kinds of paint a larger picture in the end to me
5. PVP that's controlled to prevent all out kills or RP serial killers from doing so

This. in one of my other RP servers, we had a guy like this. he would get to know everyone's character and one by one, he would kill everyone off until he was the only person left. All of the fights were pretty one-sided as well seeing as he was a mod and could do whatever he pleased.

I think most people ended up quitting after their second or third character was killed. I quit after my third died by a "drive-by crossbowing" while inside his house.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2632

Grey Assassin

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 06:23:07 AM »

This. in one of my other RP servers, we had a guy like this. he would get to know everyone's character and one by one, he would kill everyone off until he was the only person left. All of the fights were pretty one-sided as well seeing as he was a mod and could do whatever he pleased.

I don't blame you, after seeing several people die, I would of checked out myself. 

I think most people ended up quitting after their second or third character was killed. I quit after my third died by a "drive-by crossbowing" while inside his house.

What? How is that even possible and legal in the game.  Never mind, he did what he pleased but that's still besides the point!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 748

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 03:50:00 PM »

That guy seems to have some unresolved issues....

(Sig by me!)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3213

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 05:05:07 PM »

I can promise you, i do not do shavit like that. We remove stupid posts and advise the player to change it if their stupid action will get them killed. And boy have we had to deal with some stupid shavit. Any player pulls that bs and they would be gone very quickly and reported to other mods. I've done it before.

The most we've done is dealt damage to those doing dumb stuff- steps out from cover while blaster fire flies past, GM writes they get hit (doesnt kill just wounds badly). In a training scenario wrote that they hopped up on top of a crate neglecting to write that they did so very sneakily and remaining prone- my ace shooter smuggler hit them with a stun round and they were 'out'. Boy did I cop shavit for that one from him- but short lesson here is write combat detailed. If you mean that your character does something specific, then write it as specific. Otherwise how is anyone else gonna know. You jump up on a crate for everyone to see then of course you are gonna get bloody shot *rolls eyes*

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 07:51:13 AM »

I can promise you, i do not do shavit like that. We remove stupid posts and advise the player to change it if their stupid action will get them killed. And boy have we had to deal with some stupid shavit. Any player pulls that bs and they would be gone very quickly and reported to other mods. I've done it before.

The most we've done is dealt damage to those doing dumb stuff- steps out from cover while blaster fire flies past, GM writes they get hit (doesnt kill just wounds badly). In a training scenario wrote that they hopped up on top of a crate neglecting to write that they did so very sneakily and remaining prone- my ace shooter smuggler hit them with a stun round and they were 'out'. Boy did I cop shavit for that one from him- but short lesson here is write combat detailed. If you mean that your character does something specific, then write it as specific. Otherwise how is anyone else gonna know. You jump up on a crate for everyone to see then of course you are gonna get bloody shot *rolls eyes*

That actually is fair. later on, I and a few others basically copied his game to another server so we could have the same server but without him. he actually joined our server once. we all ganged up on him and he died a horrific death. boy were we happy when he left.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -751

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2018, 02:53:31 PM »

Was part of a Star Trek RPG that had someone like that.  He was a captain and he was supposed to Die during a mission so he could go to another character and his ship was supposed to pass to the First Mate.   WEllllll, he decided no one would captain the ship but him....so he wrote it so he and the ship were destroyed together.  Needless to say many people were not happy

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2018, 05:01:05 PM »

Stuff like that peeves me.

There are times where as GM, we have to work the system in our character's favour a little to move the story along. Or we have to make executive decisions or rein people in if they are going off on the wrong tangent. But we try and keep things fair for all and the decisions we make are based on that ideal. This is OUR RPG, in that it belongs to all players not just to the GMs.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Kaboose0008
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -11

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2018, 05:10:36 PM »

Question 1: Sith

Question 2:  For me, after the sacking of Courscant is the best time for something like this to take place. 

Question 3:  Central City starting point I think would be the best option

Question 4:  Mini quest leading up to an "Event" I think would keep things going

Question 5: I think PVP, strictly controlled, would an interesting option.  Perhaps the fight is announced and a poll started, at the end of the poll the post is written to reflect who won the poll.  Having them not die (unless the player just want to start over) I think would (hopefully) prevent bad blood.

As I stated before, my experience in RP has been ones I or my friends made up and didn't follow "normal" rules.  But I am looking forward to this.  Thanks for putting in the effort to restart it. Point.

This sums me up pretty nicely, but I would leave room for non force user characters as well.

wandering-seeker
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -14

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2018, 05:13:38 PM »

Q1: Absolutely a Mandalorian! Would love to revive my Mando'a character!
Q2: Post Sack of Coruscant makes sense to me
Q3: Central points for the factions seems sensible to me.
Q4: I agree with the consensus that the mini-quests building to a grand event can give stories more depth and detail
Q5: I'm perfectly fine with PvP, but I think that when doing a non-training PvP fight, the combatants should check in with the GMs about whether dying or not makes sense.

Super excited to see the re-invigoration of the RP forum and can't wait to see the stories begin again!

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -451

Dark Jedi

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2018, 09:01:46 PM »

Question 1: Sith. Or a Disciple of Bogan....One with the Dark Side. You get the idea.

Question 2: All out War (BTC)

Question 3: Central Starting Points.

Question 4: Major Story Arc that requires a certain number of " mini " quest.

Question 5: PvP or PvE. Either work for me. If you made me choose one though, PvP.

Have to agree, real excited about this.

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2027

Lord of the Force

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2018, 04:55:17 PM »

Sweet, Master Res just popped in. Shocked I get more and more excited the more people I see joining in.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 01:04:56 AM »

Sweet, Master Res just popped in. Shocked I get more and more excited the more people I see joining in.

I figured i should check who was in severus's thing and shoot them a PM lol

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Rough Knight
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2018, 12:55:49 PM »

Ok I would be interested

1 Jedi or freelance depending on where more characters are needed.
2 KOTOR or BTC by preference but happy to run with ATC for co-op purposes between factions.
3 Single if possible as multiple start points haven't worked too well in the past.
4 mini quests contributing to wider story
5 I would cautiously lean towards PvP but it would require (amongst other things) a bit of a flattening of the skills hierarchy between experienced players and new ones compared to previous RPGs we have done on here.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2027

Lord of the Force

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2018, 04:19:22 PM »

5 I would cautiously lean towards PvP but it would require (amongst other things) a bit of a flattening of the skills hierarchy between experienced players and new ones compared to previous RPGs we have done on here.

One of the things I am thinking about with PvP, is if someone like an apprentice decided to go up against a master, they would more than likely get squashed (whether in the SW universe, the RPG, or IRL), so I don't think we'd have to do too much flattening. If a little tyke picks a fight with a big fish, he had better know the consequences of such actions. He's almost always gonna lose.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2018, 12:37:54 AM »

Many players we have ... sounds good Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: