Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 866   Go Down
Author Topic: Post pictures of you and your saber!  (Read 2057987 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4200 on: July 24, 2016, 07:45:22 AM »

I'm debating whether to post pics here of my boys tomorrow when they open their sabers. I get freaked out with putting kids out there like that, cuz of predators. Might just post the sabers, and their reaction or what not
I really don't think you need worry about people on this site Majobu5, but good forethought and way to stay vigilant. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4201 on: July 24, 2016, 01:52:54 PM »

I'm debating whether to post pics here of my boys tomorrow when they open their sabers. I get freaked out with putting kids out there like that, cuz of predators. Might just post the sabers, and their reaction or what not

I really don't think you need worry about people on this site Majobu5, but good forethought and way to stay vigilant. Smiley

I'm not worried about people on this site, but I am worried about the combined powers of Google and Photoshop, which is why I keep recognizable photos of me and my family off of this site. A lot of people have posted photos on various social media sites and forums only to have them cropped for horrible things. And when they try to combat their usage, it's a long arduous battle that only amplifies and draws out the humiliation.

I'd say you're on the right track, Majobu5. On this topic, error on the side of caution and vigilance, as Rapine stated.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4202 on: July 24, 2016, 06:15:17 PM »

You don't have anything to worry about here so its all good =] Its not like those random open forums and stuff. The facebook pages I'd be worried about yeah but not here

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #4203 on: July 24, 2016, 08:02:22 PM »

I put pictures of my daughters with a saber on this forum ...They are not really recognizable. I understand  the issue of being parents in the XXIst century ...

I think there is no problem putting pictures of my daughters (not really recognizable) on a forum when using a "forum" name ...
But i will never put pictures of my daughters on FB, for example, where i use my real name ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #4204 on: July 24, 2016, 09:37:25 PM »

I always make up a new e-mail address with all fake info (fake name, fake location, etc.) to use for Photobucket et al.

To actually find me - anyone would need to be able to hack the site AND trace an IP address to an exact location.

I'm infinitely more concerned with who may be living in the community that actually sees us in person . . .

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #4205 on: July 24, 2016, 10:02:08 PM »

I always make up a new e-mail address with all fake info (fake name, fake location, etc.) to use for Photobucket et al.

To actually find me - anyone would need to be able to hack the site AND trace an IP address to an exact location.

I'm infinitely more concerned with who may be living in the community that actually sees us in person . . .
i use an alien device to alter my dna and then hack into the government records to alter my biographical data. some may say that that is overkill, but it works for me

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #4206 on: July 24, 2016, 10:28:12 PM »

People can find me all they want......they just won't leave if the do.    Oh but another safety tip if you're a parent: Don't have one of those stick figure family decals on your vehicle. They show how many kids you have and about what age group, especially don't put one that says what sport they play and have their #(don't have those stickers either). This just says where they are most likely to be after school and which one they are. 

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4207 on: July 25, 2016, 03:37:02 AM »

My daughter's Apprentice V4 in HP . . .  Cheesy  I love this thing and yet . . . it cannot be mine Angry Roll Eyes

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #4208 on: July 25, 2016, 06:33:59 AM »

Good advice guys. I don't think anyone hereis creepy, but sometimes you got those creepers waiting in the shadows. I don't have FB, my wife does. I don't want any pics of me or our kids, but she can't help herself I guess. My thing is like if you know me, or my kids, you'll know by me texting you, or you physically being there to share a moment. Otherwise, if you're not that important, you don't need to know. If I see you, then I'll have something to talk to you about, but if you know my every move cuz you follow me on social media, WTH do we have to talk about??
 I'm super protective of them, cuz every picture can be twisted, and I take nothing for granted. To those who do, great, but I cant. I have no guns in the house, I'll defend my family with every muscle I have in my body if someone breaks in. All else fails, I'll break out our sabers and hope that that intruder finds is so cool, they apologize and leave in peace!
In closing, I'll just say that I had my bday boy go "put away his floaty" in the pool storage bin, where his saber was waiting for him. He through his floaty, went to close it, mumbled oh my God, and pulled it out and that ear to ear smile was priceless. All the yelling at me for being on FedEx for the past few days, and not getting him anything was diminished when he put it in his hands. I stood back, away from everyone who was watching, but he knew who to run to first.

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #4209 on: July 25, 2016, 08:30:26 AM »

I see after so many thousands of years of "civilization" it's still the essential element of fear which says the final word, approves or disapproves anything, overall governs people's life.
Without further commenting it here's a pic of me (with recognizable face) and Cody Smiley No saber if you don't mind.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4210 on: July 25, 2016, 08:40:30 AM »

Good advice guys. I don't think anyone hereis creepy, but sometimes you got those creepers waiting in the shadows. I don't have FB, my wife does. I don't want any pics of me or our kids, but she can't help herself I guess. My thing is like if you know me, or my kids, you'll know by me texting you, or you physically being there to share a moment. Otherwise, if you're not that important, you don't need to know. If I see you, then I'll have something to talk to you about, but if you know my every move cuz you follow me on social media, WTH do we have to talk about??
 I'm super protective of them, cuz every picture can be twisted, and I take nothing for granted. To those who do, great, but I cant. I have no guns in the house, I'll defend my family with every muscle I have in my body if someone breaks in. All else fails, I'll break out our sabers and hope that that intruder finds is so cool, they apologize and leave in peace!
In closing, I'll just say that I had my bday boy go "put away his floaty" in the pool storage bin, where his saber was waiting for him. He through his floaty, went to close it, mumbled oh my God, and pulled it out and that ear to ear smile was priceless. All the yelling at me for being on FedEx for the past few days, and not getting him anything was diminished when he put it in his hands. I stood back, away from everyone who was watching, but he knew who to run to first.
That;s so awesome Majobu5!

Good man. Smiley

+1

I see after so many thousands of years of "civilization" it's still the essential element of fear which says the final word, approves or disapproves anything, overall governs people's life.
Without further commenting it here's a pic of me (with recognizable face) and Cody Smiley No saber if you don't mind.

Striking resemblance!

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4211 on: July 25, 2016, 03:01:25 PM »

I'm torn between thinking of medwyn as the guy doing the lightsaber forms and the guy who reviews boxes and kind of resembles a horse.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #4212 on: July 25, 2016, 06:36:30 PM »

Practicing the Ithorian Screaming attack Huh  Grin

Point Smiley

And point for the daughter's Apprentice V4 Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4213 on: July 25, 2016, 06:53:06 PM »

So I was thinking today "I've got tons of pictures of my Kylo Ren costume and my Flamberge, but next to none of my Obi Wan costume and my Guardian".  So I threw it all on and set out to take some quick pictures and then I realized why.  My Guardian is Tri Cree and turns anything near it blue making it difficult to take photos.  I tried anyway though.

I honestly don't think there's any contest if anyone claims to make a brighter saber.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4214 on: July 26, 2016, 05:40:02 AM »

Really feeling the blues this week Tongue (But a blade from a different company so, but I wont mention any names. Wanted to turn this into a show saber really so but wanted to try out a different blade type as well)

Bellicose5 by joshgarcia07, on Flickr

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 866   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: