• Register
Poll
Question: Best Team in Pokemon Go?
Team Mystic
Team Valor
Team Instinct
Team Rocket

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Pokemon Go  (Read 908 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« on: April 24, 2021, 11:00:50 PM »

Pokemon Go Topic:

Didn't see one, so made one. Place to discuss Pokemon, Pokemon Go events, strategies, raids, Go Battle League... whatever. If you want to add me (or someone) it makes more sense to PM me about it. I'd rather not post my friend code openly for just anybody to use. But, I do play semi regularly still, and love Pokemon Go. Have since the beginning and it's fundamental concept is awesome IMO. It's closer to the "true idea" of pokemon games/show originally. Or at least the intent. I mean a world wide adventure to roam around virtually anywhere, make new friends, catch pokemon, and literally do so as you travel; pretty genius. I dare you to catch them all!

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 11:12:02 PM »

May info:
tomorrow: Community day, from 11am-5pm. Repeat of Swablu, chance for that golden shiny bird/dragon.
                Free Box of 30 Ultra balls in shop for community day, and there was an event box with a free Remote Raid Pass and some berries as well ( I don't know if it's still there,
                collected mine already.)

Xerneas in raids until the 17th, for the 1st time in Go.
Yvetal raids starting the 18th @ 10 am and going through the 31st @ 8 pm.

Through June 1st @ 1 pm you can catch Galarian form Ponyta from collecting 7 of the daily stamps while completing Field Research to get the Research Breakthrough encounter.

May is currently filled with Fairy type Pokemon everywhere, and new additions include Swirlix, Spritzee, Goomy, Clauncher, Skrelp, and Binacle (was last month).

Team Rocket appearance is up, with the big boss having a Shadow Moltres as the prize; if you can find and defeat him... Shadow Zapdos was last month (and I'll bet it'll be Shadow Articuno in June)

Winning in Go Battle League can award encounters with the hard to find Rufflet, and the male (blue version) of Frillish.

Soon will be the annual Pokemon Go Fest as well in July on the 17th & 18th. For the 5th anniversary of Go and the 25th of Pokemon games original release. With most restrictions on gatherings still being in place it'll be a global event like last year instead of a localized event centered in any one city in particular.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 12:25:46 PM »

June info/events:

Community Day- Sunday the 6th 11am-5pm, Pokemon appearing is Gible. It's dragon and ground types, evolving twice into Vibrava and then Flygon. It'll likely learn Dragon Pulse or some other special move during the event if evolved fully into Flygon, as it's community day exclusive charged move.

added bonus from 4th -7th @ 1pm PDT (GMT-7) there is a special box available in shop. It's a 1 time purchase of 100 pokemon storage spaces for 200 gold (which is usually the price for 50) So it's 2 upgrades for the price of one, in a blue box labeled "Event box".

Summer colored Deerling has been released. It's green and evolves into a Sawsbuck with it's rack covered in leaves resembling bushes. So it's got a giant bush on it's head, or crown of leaves... June 1- september 1. It's part of the pokemon added to Go for the Season of Discovery Event.

Slowpoke (and other slow pokemon) are also the 1st part of this event from June 8th 10am -13th @ 8pm. Galarian Slowpoke and Slowbro from Sword & Shield games will be released and Mega Slowbro will be in raids.

A Free Remote Raid Pass can be obtained this month during research breakthroughs, even if your inventory is "full" with the maximum 3 you are allowed to carry! So in theory you can earn a free 3-4 of these passes this month by completing daily Field Research to the total 7 days to get the breakthrough reward. I just unlocked one and simultaneously caught a Clampearl.

Eevee-loutions are now completely possible. The last one, Sylveon, is now available. You can get one "free" by naming an eevee Kira and evolving it. If not, you have to make one your buddy pokemon and reach 2 hearts aka best friends. That means earning 70 hearts total interacting with your buddy. I personally love that shiny version, so it's the 1st one I evolved! The blue replacing the pink on it looks great.

Go Battle League (PVP trainer battles across the world) reset on May 30th starting the new season which will run through August 30th. It's a great way to get some free stardust by completing the 25 possible battles allowed per day. It's 5 matches of 5 VS random opponents to increase rank until rank 20 where you can lose or gain points after that level based on wins and losses. If you can win 4/5 in a row you get 3 rare candy and 3 wins nets you pokemon encounters. Last month was regularly a new legendary (of which I now ridiculously have 9, but hey good for trading right?)

Go Fest is still scheduled for July 17th & 18th and since it's an anniversary for Go and the OG games the ticket prices are dropped to only $5! Generally each year Unknown varieties make appearances, along with special pokemon in costumes/outfits and even special raid pokemon.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 07:11:19 PM »

June info/events:

Community Day- Sunday the 6th 11am-5pm, Pokemon appearing is Gible. It's dragon and ground types, evolving twice into Vibrava and then Flygon. It'll likely learn Dragon Pulse or some other special move during the event if evolved fully into Flygon, as it's community day exclusive charged move.

Correction & Update:

For whatever reason I mistakenly misnamed those evolutions! I was thinking of my other favorite Ground Dragon dual type pokemon... Gible evolves into Gabite which evolves into Garchomp. They're the "land sharks", not the dragonfly looking variant listed above.

Notably, upon evolving a Garchomp today it learns Earth Power as it's charged move during this event, or usually up to one hour afterward in each timezone. Earth Power is a devastating ground type move with 100 strength in battle or 90 in PVP with chance to drop opponent's defense.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: