Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A Lost Girlfriend  (Read 552 times)
starwarsgf
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« on: May 12, 2021, 05:48:07 PM »

Hello!

First, hopefully this is the right place to post this- it took me forever just to figure out how to post at all... Tongue

My boyfriend and I were talking recently and he briefly mentioned that he thought it would be cool to have a lightsaber, and of course me being the crazy girlfriend I am, I keep note of the little things like that. After looking online for the best options, I found ultrasabers Smiley To me, it seems like the best option!
The only thing is I am completely clueless when it comes to starwars (i just watched the phantom menace today lol) I was wondering if someone could give me some tips for navigating the site, which things they would recommend, and also if there are any lightsabers that are replicas of well known characters please let me know the names of them! I've been trying to see which ones look similar but as i said... im lost when it comes to this stuff and unless i missed it it doesnt seem like theyre named after the characters.
This may seem so stupid to ask but I really mean it when I say I have no idea what im doing/know nothing about starwars and I really want to get him something that he will like and be impressed by lol
any tips are welcomed and appreciated lol

thank you guys Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1835

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 08:07:57 PM »

Its really easy to figure out. Hit the first tab and a drop down will come down, build your own lightsaber or double bladed option. Then pick a saber and chose whichever configurations you want, stunt, sound. Mid Grade blades for light dueling/show Heavy Grade blades for heavy dueling. Don't use Ultra Edge/white blades for the orange or red colors though, its okay for Bane's Heart at least. I'd start out with a V3, V4, or V5 to kinda test the sabers out, its what I did back in the beginning to see if I'd even like it and now I have close to 10 US's sabers Tongue Dominix V4 LE is the coolest looking one I think paired with one of the silver pommels to kinda mirror the emitter top Tongue Then the metal av switch is the better choice too. Archon V2.1 or V3= Luke's green lightsaber, Consular= Qui-gon's, Guardian= Obi-wan's episode 1 and 2 sabers, Menace is Maul's, the double bladed lightsaber, Chosen One is Vader's, Graflex= original blue Luke Skywalker saber =] Probably missing a few of the other character inspired sabers. I think Bellicose is close to Starkiller's from The Force Unleased II game

Sabers: Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO. Now content with all my sabers =]
Nerd on!
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -212

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 11:46:35 PM »

If you're looking for match ups between US hilts and canon sabers/characters, you can have a look here :
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24954.0
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=44459.0
BUT keep in mind, that some of those sabers are more or less loosely inspired. If he would like near perfect accuracy, some of those won't cut it. At least, they do not for me. There are multiple reasons for that, copyright maybe, but mainly US makes combat ready sabers. Some canon hilts have details that would not be quite practical in fights.
Next important thing is budget. If you are short on money, you'll have to make a choice for the color of the blade. If you have UNLIMITED POWA hum budget, then, you can opt for the emeralds or diamonds sabers, which allow color changes so he will be able to chose the color he wants when he gets the saber.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow
* Dominix green/red
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2 / Fallens / Black butcher BVA
Butcher LE AS / Sentinel LEV5 VA
Please someone stop me..

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -198

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 08:53:36 AM »

Good for you for being awesome/dedicated enough to be doing such a thing. Lucky guy for sure! Fear not, you're not the 1st nor last to try doing this for a gift. I'd say a bit more thought or subtle research into him specifically is warranted... think "what is he like/does he like?" because that does determine a bit of this process.

Does he have a favorite character? Is he more a Sith or a Jedi in ideology or fighting style? Does he train in MA currently or in the past, so he likes swords, bo staff, or dual sword fighting styles? Does he have a favorite color, or prefer silver vs black vs ornate designs (thinking about hilt options OR blade options)?

Some of these things you may already know, others you could easily ask in a discreet or subtle way while watching an additional SW movie together. Especially since you don't "know much" about SW, it'd seem mostly like you're just a bit interested and he likely wouldn't suspect a gift in the making. I applaud your motivation, since this is often how the best presents come about. Also remember to order a good deal (like a few months would be safest) prior to a birthday or especially Christmas. And best of luck with your "research"/investigating to figure out the perfect design for him. Feel free to ask any follow up questions or for further clarification if needed right back here, people are generally ready and willing to help.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -212

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 09:31:39 AM »

Good for you for being awesome/dedicated enough to be doing such a thing. Lucky guy for sure! Fear not, you're not the 1st nor last to try doing this for a gift. I'd say a bit more thought or subtle research into him specifically is warranted... think "what is he like/does he like?" because that does determine a bit of this process.

Does he have a favorite character? Is he more a Sith or a Jedi in ideology or fighting style? Does he train in MA currently or in the past, so he likes swords, bo staff, or dual sword fighting styles? Does he have a favorite color, or prefer silver vs black vs ornate designs (thinking about hilt options OR blade options)?

Some of these things you may already know, others you could easily ask in a discreet or subtle way while watching an additional SW movie together. Especially since you don't "know much" about SW, it'd seem mostly like you're just a bit interested and he likely wouldn't suspect a gift in the making. I applaud your motivation, since this is often how the best presents come about. Also remember to order a good deal (like a few months would be safest) prior to a birthday or especially Christmas. And best of luck with your "research"/investigating to figure out the perfect design for him. Feel free to ask any follow up questions or for further clarification if needed right back here, people are generally ready and willing to help.
This exactly. Watch another one. Ask stuff about hilts, colors and stuff.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow
* Dominix green/red
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2 / Fallens / Black butcher BVA
Butcher LE AS / Sentinel LEV5 VA
Please someone stop me..

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 106

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 11:25:40 PM »

To get sound. To get not sound. To get light sound. To get premium sound. Totally your choice, but as for the hilt itself, I would choose one inspired by the original trilogy or the prequels. Nickel options are a little darker. Here's a short video of one of my favorite sabers. This is the Chosen One CE by Ultrasabers with v4 premium sound. If you want something in the nickel finish you need not spend whatevers on the expensive hilts. The Consular Has great acoustics and a $30.00 Nickel upgrade. And electronics rarely get stuck in the Consular because it's wide. So that would be like Darth Vader's saber or Qui-gon Jinn's saber. You can get it without sound; if you don't know which color to choose, the Emerald chipset will change them for you with the computer application. Honestly having both on one saber really lessens battery life, but you could always get spares. Totally your choice. Without further ado:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmUQul80dLQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmUQul80dLQ</a>

That previous one was with premium sound. The following Video is one with Premium sound and emerald driver:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmp_AnbVTVo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmp_AnbVTVo</a>

Notice the Blazing Red and Guardian Blue flickering in Lockup
 with fluttering green power button. They also fade between two/two and a half colors.

Also the Consular in Consular Green with red lit button which is way better on saber. (My camera can only pick up so. much light.)

It's not as heavy as it seems in the 2nd photo, included to help you choose.

Have fun!

P.S. A good pair of gloves never hurt anyone.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: