Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496371 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #3525 on: May 17, 2015, 02:15:40 AM »

They already have them, but they are only put on stunt versions of the Graflex, Chosen One, and Malice hilts. These switches are longer than the normal ones and therefore need the extra depth given by the activation boxes, which are nothing more than aluminum blocks used to raise the switches.

I actually recently learned - and bought & they came today in the mail - you can buy taller bezels to accommodate longer switches.  Haven't had the time to install yet, but just sizing it up, I think it will work on my Dominix V4.

So - there are ways around just doing an Activation Box . . .

When I find the time to get it done I'll post pics of it here so you can see how well it turned out - whether it's good, bad or ugly.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3526 on: May 18, 2015, 04:33:42 PM »

I actually recently learned - and bought & they came today in the mail - you can buy taller bezels to accommodate longer switches.  Haven't had the time to install yet, but just sizing it up, I think it will work on my Dominix V4.

So - there are ways around just doing an Activation Box . . .

When I find the time to get it done I'll post pics of it here so you can see how well it turned out - whether it's good, bad or ugly.

Not sure what you mean by bezels.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3527 on: May 18, 2015, 10:18:42 PM »

US already uses bezels with their AV switches as you'll notice the top round part doesn't sit flush on the hilt. Logos the bezel(metal ring) raises the AV switch slightly off of the body of the saber for clearance inside the hilt for connections/electronics.

Lord C is right you can buy taller ones that'll create more clearance to use longer switches.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:22:16 PM by hazard502 » Logged

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #3528 on: May 18, 2015, 10:42:54 PM »

US already uses bezels with their AV switches as you'll notice the top round part doesn't sit flush on the hilt. Logos the bezel(metal ring) raises the AV switch slightly off of the body of the saber for clearance inside the hilt for connections/electronics.

Lord C is right you can buy taller ones that'll create more clearance to use longer switches.

Yup!

They look like this:

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #3529 on: May 23, 2015, 07:47:25 PM »

You know what id like to see?
id like to see ultra sabers do a couple more slim lined sabers like the prophacy

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3530 on: May 24, 2015, 12:17:49 AM »

You know what id like to see?
id like to see ultra sabers do a couple more slim lined sabers like the prophacy

Do you mean something with a little more detail than the V4's?

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3531 on: May 24, 2015, 03:15:31 AM »

@Ultra Sabers team still maybe watching this. Arbiter emitter separately finally?? I really want one for my Overlord Tongue But don't really want to buy an Arbiter just for the emitter, its too bulky of a saber for me

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

BladeCrossEXE
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -76

Shape the Future! Give Dark Points!

« Reply #3532 on: May 24, 2015, 02:31:45 PM »

I got my wish. The monarch is back in stock!

But i have to use my next check to pay tuition. -__- This paladin will have to wait to acquire his saber.

Subscribe to me on Youtube! youtube.com/FlashingBladesProductions
Current Sabers:                                             
Dark Catalyst                                                 
Dark Prophecy                                               
Dark Initiate V2 LE x2
Dominix V2 RGB
Flamberge LE Emerald

Inzane
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 30

Light side points please.

« Reply #3533 on: May 24, 2015, 04:36:08 PM »

Not sure if this has been mentioned before (I can't realistically go through 200+ pages).

Is there any plans to come out with a style like Luke's ROTJ hilt (as close as possible)?

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)
Dominix LE v4 w/ sound (SRD w/ AB FoC, 32" UE)
Dark Initiate LE v3 (BR, 24" UE)
Initiate LE v3 (GB, 24" UE)

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #3534 on: May 24, 2015, 04:56:45 PM »

Not sure if this has been mentioned before (I can't realistically go through 200+ pages).

Is there any plans to come out with a style like Luke's ROTJ hilt (as close as possible)?

The Archon is generally considered to be the US take on the ROTJ saber, though it's obviously fairly different.

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/stunt-archon.htm

I don't know if there are any plans to attempt a more direct translation; you'd have to e-mail Emory and ask.

Hope that helps answer your question. . .

gebhac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #3535 on: May 24, 2015, 05:01:29 PM »

The Archon is generally considered to be the US take on the ROTJ saber, though it's obviously fairly different.

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/stunt-archon.htm

I don't know if there are any plans to attempt a more direct translation; you'd have to e-mail Emory and ask.

Hope that helps answer your question. . .

The neck on Luke's ROTJ saber is too thin in order for Ultrasaber's blade system to work well.  The blades sit several inches within the hilt.  At most you'd probably get only an inch into the emitter of a true to form replica, which US has determined (insofar as it seems) isn't enough to be secure for their intended purpose: dueling.

Inzane
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 30

Light side points please.

« Reply #3536 on: May 24, 2015, 05:11:29 PM »

They could however add some bronze anodizing couldn't they, to get the colors of the hilt closer?

Aeon v3 (BR, 32" MG)
Dominix LE v4 w/ sound (SRD w/ AB FoC, 32" UE)
Dark Initiate LE v3 (BR, 24" UE)
Initiate LE v3 (GB, 24" UE)

gebhac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #3537 on: May 24, 2015, 05:36:57 PM »

They could however add some bronze anodizing couldn't they, to get the colors of the hilt closer?

You can use bronze Mylar tape.  Some other members have used it to great effect in customizing their hilts.

obi-six
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 26

« Reply #3538 on: July 27, 2015, 06:19:45 AM »

How about a 2 tone prophecy besides the all silver and all black.

RGB Overlord obsidian
Initiate V4 obsidian GB
Dominix V4 CG with sound

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3539 on: July 27, 2015, 02:44:55 PM »

How about a 2 tone prophecy besides the all silver and all black.

Get in line jr. I already had this idea months ago when someone gifted me a Dark Prophecy. James Casey actually won a proto Prophecy LE once. You should ask him about it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: