Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496361 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3780 on: December 15, 2015, 09:48:11 PM »

Mace Windu saber ++.  Smiley

Also, I don't know if CNC machines can do this, but a checkerboard pattern in the hilt would be cool.  (Or rotate by 45' and now you have a diamond tile pattern.)

You mean like the "underlay" of the Scorpion?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jedi42
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #3781 on: December 16, 2015, 03:05:14 AM »

I really wish that they would come out with a clone wars Yoda saber! Just a one handed saber for the 24" blade, Yoda's was always my favorite hilt. A shoto has always been attractive to me.

"Only a sith deals in absolutes..." - Kenobi

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3782 on: December 16, 2015, 03:15:13 AM »

Hi and welcome to the community.  The shortest and lightest saber that I call a Yoda saber is the v2 Initiate.  Doesn't look like his saber but with some imagination and customization you could come close.  I'm going to give you a light side point because you read and acknowledged the Forum Rules without any reminders.   Cheesy

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #3783 on: December 16, 2015, 06:28:09 AM »

You mean like the "underlay" of the Scorpion?

No, more like a smooth hilt that has little squares etched/drilled out in a checkerboard manner.

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3784 on: December 16, 2015, 05:58:28 PM »

No, more like a smooth hilt that has little squares etched/drilled out in a checkerboard manner.

Ok, so you mean every other square is recessed into the hilt?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Thanamira
Knight Captain

« Reply #3785 on: December 16, 2015, 06:14:53 PM »

Ok, so you mean every other square is recessed into the hilt?

Bingo.  I imagine that'd be hard to do (drill out the width of the square, then somehow file it into a square), but I am not a machinist, so maybe some mechanical engineer is snerking and saying, "no no no, siddown and lemme explain how easy that is".  Smiley

www.bostonlightsaber.com

Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3786 on: December 16, 2015, 06:16:31 PM »

Bingo.  I imagine that'd be hard to do (drill out the width of the square, then somehow file it into a square), but I am not a machinist, so maybe some mechanical engineer is snerking and saying, "no no no, siddown and lemme explain how easy that is".  Smiley

I'm fighting the urge. Wink

I was actually thinking how it could be done and what it would look like as I was typing my last post.

Sig by For Tyeth

Thanamira
Knight Captain

« Reply #3787 on: December 16, 2015, 07:19:06 PM »

I'm fighting the urge. Wink

I was actually thinking how it could be done and what it would look like as I was typing my last post.

Do tell.  Smiley

www.bostonlightsaber.com

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3788 on: December 16, 2015, 09:02:05 PM »

First you find out what body circumference you're going to have and how big your grid squares are going to be. Then using a 5-axis CNC mill you simply engrave the pattern, but leave the raised squares' corners connected to eliminate the sharp corners (that certain other smiths refuse to take care of). This effect would be maximized if it were done after a black anodize, leaving a black and silver check. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Small
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #3789 on: December 16, 2015, 09:04:02 PM »

I properly curved handle. Not just a bent handle.

Ultrasabers:
Emerald Shock LE (Purple)
Emerald Consular (Green)
Arbiter raffle prize (Green)
Menace double bladed (Red)
Emerald Graflex SE (Blue)
Bane (Red)
Stunt Aeon V4 raffle prize (green)
Savior (Blue)
Chosen One (Red)

Force FX:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Luke Skywalker (ANH)
Darth Vader (ANH)
Mace Windu (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)
Kit Fisto (AOTC)
Kylo Ren (TFA)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3790 on: December 16, 2015, 09:10:38 PM »

I properly curved handle. Not just a bent handle.

That is something I've only seen one achieve, and you don't want to pay his prices.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Small
Knight Ensign

« Reply #3791 on: December 16, 2015, 09:14:07 PM »

are you talking about the other guys at SF? If so, I won't buy from them either.

Ultrasabers:
Emerald Consular (Green)
Bane (Red)
Savior (Blue)
Chosen One (Red)

Force FX:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Luke Skywalker (ANH)
Darth Vader (ANH)
Mace Windu (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)
Kit Fisto (AOTC)
Kylo Ren (TFA)

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #3792 on: December 16, 2015, 09:16:53 PM »

are you talking about the other guys at SF? If so, I won't buy from them either.

There is a high-end sabersmith that has achieved the curved hilt, but as Logos said, he is pricey.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3793 on: December 16, 2015, 09:21:59 PM »

There is a high-end sabersmith that has achieved the curved hilt, but as Logos said, he is pricey.

Very

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Small
Knight Ensign

« Reply #3794 on: December 16, 2015, 09:33:12 PM »

Seriously, are we talking about the "bane" from SF?

Ultrasabers:
Emerald Consular (Green)
Bane (Red)
Savior (Blue)
Chosen One (Red)

Force FX:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)