Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496352 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5100 on: April 13, 2017, 01:13:40 AM »

I like that idea then for a plain Ahsoka looking type pommel. That would suit any Jedi saber I think. We need her pommel added at this point though as well. I'd even buy one. But as for the Mantis, to me around the collar where the triangles are etched in it felt kind of sharp on the edges mostly there, not the main body though

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5101 on: April 13, 2017, 02:18:39 AM »

I like that idea then for a plain Ahsoka looking type pommel. That would suit any Jedi saber I think. We need her pommel added at this point though as well. I'd even buy one. But as for the Mantis, to me around the collar where the triangles are etched in it felt kind of sharp on the edges mostly there, not the main body though

When I was first shopping for sabers, I drew up one that I would have liked to see, and it had a perfectly round pommel. Ever since, I have always wanted a pommel like that.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #5102 on: April 13, 2017, 02:44:50 AM »

Bear in mind, though, that the Ahsoka pommels are sized for sabers with a shroud, they're wider at the point where they join the body than most of the pommels are.  Like the difference between the "replacement" and MHS pommels for the Scorpion/Guardian/Mantis.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #5103 on: April 13, 2017, 07:14:19 AM »

Bear in mind, though, that the Ahsoka pommels are sized for sabers with a shroud, they're wider at the point where they join the body than most of the pommels are.  Like the difference between the "replacement" and MHS pommels for the Scorpion/Guardian/Mantis.

what about me in mind?

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #5104 on: April 13, 2017, 10:45:40 AM »

I'd like to see a pommel that is sort of like the Guardian or Scorpion or Fulcrum/Lost Gray pommel, only completely without the spikes. So one that comes off the hilt a little, and is completely round. If that makes sense.

Exactly. Just a perfectly smooth, round pommel that comes off the saber.

Like this?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5105 on: April 13, 2017, 01:21:28 PM »

More cowbell. We need sabers with more cowbell. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5106 on: April 13, 2017, 07:37:39 PM »

Like this?

Yes, something very similar to that.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5107 on: April 14, 2017, 06:03:43 PM »

Monarch LE? Not really gold accents but like, silver and nickle combined in a way if it could be done. This would be sick Tongue Like the bulb upper grip and the 3 middle grips would be the nickle plating and the rest the regular silver finish

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #5108 on: April 14, 2017, 06:04:50 PM »

Yes, something very similar to that.

It just looks like a towball to me  Grin

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #5109 on: April 14, 2017, 06:08:40 PM »

It just looks like a towball to me  Grin

I don't think a hollow aluminum towball would last long, though.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5110 on: April 14, 2017, 08:06:46 PM »

Monarch LE? Not really gold accents but like, silver and nickle combined in a way if it could be done. This would be sick Tongue Like the bulb upper grip and the 3 middle grips would be the nickle plating and the rest the regular silver finish
What about an inverted LE; where the main color is gold with silver accents? Shocked

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #5111 on: April 15, 2017, 12:37:38 AM »

What about an inverted LE; where the main color is gold with silver accents? Shocked

Oh I'd buy that for sure!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5112 on: April 15, 2017, 04:40:21 AM »

Oh I'd buy that for sure!

Oh yeah, definitely.

Old Bean Kenobi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 62

« Reply #5113 on: April 16, 2017, 03:35:38 PM »

After mulling it over, I think I have a new thing I'd like to see more of.

I'd like to see more sabers with Covertec wheels on the emitter side vs. the pommel side, for an "emitter-side-up" belt hang. The original Vader saber in the original trilogy did this via D-ring, but I think it's totally doable with a Covertec considering the greeblie-laden emitters we see on some saber designs. I know some designs allow some flexibility in Covertec wheel placement, but one designed with an emitter-side Covertec, as opposed to the Covertec being a bit of an afterthought, would be awesome.

Curious about battery life on a AAA battery setup with Tri-LED and Obsidian Lite? Check this thread:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27171.0

Sabers: Graflex SE in Tri-GB/Obsidian LITE, Overlord in Tri-CG/Obsidian v4, Emerald Scorpion/Obsidian V4, Emerald Fulcrum/Obsidian V4, Fulcrum in "violent amethyst"/Obsidian V3.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #5114 on: April 16, 2017, 05:33:21 PM »

There is one example.  The Menace has its covertec just below the emitter.

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: