Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496367 times)
Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #6540 on: September 26, 2018, 06:13:44 AM »

Ever since I learned of the forum colors I’ve wondered why US doesn’t just have them listed as options.  I mean...just having MORE colors there as an option - I don’t see how that could be a bad thing.  I mean I get that the forum colors are pricier - but we merrily pay it when we want them.  I just don’t get it, but assume there has to be some reason that’s beyond me.

It would just be more efficient, if the bonus 3 colors already listed are +5, list the rest as +10 [that's how I understand the pricing for forum colors at least]. And also as I suggested if it's not a thing, allow us to pick a custom sound font for 25 cents to a dollar, for those of us who don't trust trying to install this stuff ourselves XD

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6541 on: September 26, 2018, 11:27:08 AM »

As I understand it, they're not as popular choices as the other colors. They probably haven't gotten enough orders to warrant offering them as options while ordering. Though, apparently, Sunrider's Destiny, Violet Amethyst and Arctic Blue were originally forum colors. High demand got them as main options.

But, it's not like they're difficult to order. I did a Phantasm staff in Sentinel Yellow a couple years ago, and ordering it was quick and painless. There were only a few extra steps. It's worth a little extra effort to get what you want.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6542 on: September 26, 2018, 11:32:26 AM »

It would just be more efficient, if the bonus 3 colors already listed are +5, list the rest as +10 [that's how I understand the pricing for forum colors at least]. And also as I suggested if it's not a thing, allow us to pick a custom sound font for 25 cents to a dollar, for those of us who don't trust trying to install this stuff ourselves XD

This may be a gray area

I hear you on the sound font but believe it or not, it's pretty pricey to buy sound fonts as they're not cheap.  Most people in this hobby purchase them from sites like SaberFonts and then convert them for the premium boards to be able to use them.  Buying a saber font individually versus buying it for distribution with other products have a ton of other legal things that have to be involved like paying x dollar amounts for fonts, royalty, long term use, etc.  It's pretty costly to do so within a saber company and coming to an agreement with an artist so most saber companies set their own default fonts for distribution but sell soundboards like the Obsidian Premium V3 and V4 which gives the saber the ability to add or remove fonts on their own as the owners see fit.  Plus, if UltraSabers did that, they would have to mark up the custom saber fonts to us as customers, just to keep their head above water each time the fonts are sold, otherwise, they lose money on it.  Check out the prices for custom saber fonts on the internet and multiply that by a thousand or two is how much a saber company would have to pay an artist to use their work.

Mods: If this is a gray area of which we cannot discuss, please let me know and I apologize ahead of time.

As I understand it, they're not as popular choices as the other colors. They probably haven't gotten enough orders to warrant offering them as options while ordering. Though, apparently, Sunrider's Destiny, Violet Amethyst and Arctic Blue were originally forum colors. High demand got them as main options.

But, it's not like they're difficult to order. I did a Phantasm staff in Sentinel Yellow a couple years ago, and ordering it was quick and painless. There were only a few extra steps. It's worth a little extra effort to get what you want.

Agreed.  I like SRD and it's one of the main colors now so I'm pretty happy about that.  SY is a great color and I'll add a premium color and pay the $5.00 requisition fee since they cost $5.00 more than the premium colors.

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #6543 on: September 26, 2018, 01:34:26 PM »

I would personally like to see those jeweled type set screws that you find on the Menace and Dorian become avaliable for purchase.  I have tried to look other places, but never can locate them...this would make a great customization piece for other sabers.  Also, how about Ultrasaber saber bags?Huh  Just some random thoughts here!

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6544 on: September 26, 2018, 02:28:40 PM »

Also, how about Ultrasaber saber bags?Huh 

I vote for a US saber bag as well.  Been looking at buy them for each of my hilts and geez, they're not cheap and add up when you want one for each hilt!

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #6545 on: September 26, 2018, 05:58:47 PM »

But what about the people who don't know forum colors are even an option? It doesn't mention it anywhere on the choose your color list, perhaps at least we could edit that?

Saber Collection:

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #6546 on: September 26, 2018, 06:00:30 PM »

This may be a gray area

I hear you on the sound font but believe it or not, it's pretty pricey to buy sound fonts as they're not cheap.  Most people in this hobby purchase them from sites like SaberFonts and then convert them for the premium boards to be able to use them.  Buying a saber font individually versus buying it for distribution with other products have a ton of other legal things that have to be involved like paying x dollar amounts for fonts, royalty, long term use, etc.  It's pretty costly to do so within a saber company and coming to an agreement with an artist so most saber companies set their own default fonts for distribution but sell soundboards like the Obsidian Premium V3 and V4 which gives the saber the ability to add or remove fonts on their own as the owners see fit.  Plus, if UltraSabers did that, they would have to mark up the custom saber fonts to us as customers, just to keep their head above water each time the fonts are sold, otherwise, they lose money on it.  Check out the prices for custom saber fonts on the internet and multiply that by a thousand or two is how much a saber company would have to pay an artist to use their work.

Mods: If this is a gray area of which we cannot discuss, please let me know and I apologize ahead of time.

Agreed.  I like SRD and it's one of the main colors now so I'm pretty happy about that.  SY is a great color and I'll add a premium color and pay the $5.00 requisition fee since they cost $5.00 more than the premium colors.

Also I meant like the free sound fonts that Ultra Sabers already offers.

Saber Collection:

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #6547 on: September 26, 2018, 06:12:46 PM »

Also I meant like the free sound fonts that Ultra Sabers already offers.

So, the Default package that comes pre-loaded on the v4 and Diamond?

Which sound card are you wanting to have these loaded on? The Lite? cause that's static - it can't be edited at all.

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6548 on: September 26, 2018, 07:49:10 PM »

I would personally like to see those jeweled type set screws that you find on the Menace and Dorian become avaliable for purchase.  I have tried to look other places, but never can locate them...this would make a great customization piece for other sabers.  Also, how about Ultrasaber saber bags?Huh  Just some random thoughts here!

I can get behind this.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #6549 on: September 26, 2018, 08:30:44 PM »

So, the Default package that comes pre-loaded on the v4 and Diamond?

Which sound card are you wanting to have these loaded on? The Lite? cause that's static - it can't be edited at all.

Ok for Premium, but no I mean the sounds that Ultrasabers has listed on it's site https://ultrasabers.com/obsidian-sound-fonts/

Saber Collection:

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #6550 on: September 26, 2018, 10:06:25 PM »

Moving on….

More love for DIY
1)  Pricing on parts.
Example a cart with 1x buckpuck, 2x batteries, an illuminated AV switch, LED Module (basic, not TRI, no FOC), the battery/speaker holder w/speaker, and an Obsidian v4 sound card comes out to $227.
A Dark Apprentice v4 w/buckpuck (batteries only), illuminated AV switch, and Obsidian v4 soundboard comes out to $235.
That’s only $10 difference and includes a hilt, all wired up and ready to go. And it doesn’t include any discounts like the current 15% off all sabers.
I would just like to see the pricing on parts be a little more reasonable where doing it yourself can actually save someone some money.
2) That being said –
I’d love to see DIY kits. Board, Buckpuck, Batteries all wired up and using JST connectors or some other quick connect for EZ install and modular use (can be easily removed and installed into any hilt). All served up in a nice neat easy to install and remove little chassis.
Maybe even a complete 4 piece kit, with switch and LED. Choose your switch, LED color and holder type.
Even better, these kits offered for Obsidian v3, v4, AND DIAMOND.
I know all of this can be done DIY, but let’s make it easy. Wink
3) if number 2 could be a reality, offer empty hilts with the switch installed with the wires and connector so that if we had a kit mentioned in (2), we can unbox, plug it together, and get at it.
4) Include parts/electronics in sales.
That’s it for now!

Proud Owner of:
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6551 on: September 26, 2018, 10:08:56 PM »

But what about the people who don't know forum colors are even an option? It doesn't mention it anywhere on the choose your color list, perhaps at least we could edit that?

That's why they're called forum colors. They're something you have to be a member of the forum and find to buy. It's one of the perks of forum membership.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6552 on: September 26, 2018, 10:14:53 PM »

I like the DIY kit idea MP, I would buy it. 

As for the soundfonts idea, you can just do it yourself when you get it, as US having to pay the labor for someone to do that would definitely not be 25 cents.  But I can see Kazuto is an advocate for the uber-lazily impaired, so keep the hope alive I guess.   Wink

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #6553 on: September 26, 2018, 10:16:28 PM »

As for the soundfonts idea, you can just do it yourself when you get it, as US having to pay the labor for someone to do that would definitely not be 25 cents.  But I can see Kazuto is an advocate for the uber-lazily impaired, so keep the hope alive I guess.   Wink

LOL. Point!

Proud Owner of:
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6554 on: September 26, 2018, 10:18:48 PM »

That's why they're called forum colors. They're something you have to be a member of the forum and find to buy. It's one of the perks of forum membership.

This. Adding to SFD, if it gets enough love like SRD, US may make it available through the site. But that means we as customers, must order sabers with said color enough times that when IS analyzes their data, they’ll see that a color is really popular to make it available outside the forum colors.

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: