Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 946135 times)
Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #1590 on: September 17, 2016, 10:32:51 PM »

Why are they choosing Roque One as their stand alone?

Because they specifically want to erase and overwrite Kyle Katarn. Kyle is a LucasArts character, and Disney appears to have a particular dislike for this company. Remember, they recently published an article on the official site that seemed to re-canonize all patrons of the Mos Eisley Cantina... except Sariss. Everyone except her. Because she was in a Kyle Katarn game.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1591 on: September 19, 2016, 01:07:24 AM »

Disney's writers sure seem to like having Han go back to smuggling, but they didn't seem to absorb from the first trilogy that Han doesn't abandon his friends. Han didn't pay Jaba as planned, because he came back to save Luke from Vader. Han was still helping his friends and the rebellion at the opening on Hoth, but he still had that bounty on him and was getting ready to pay it. Han delayed Jaba, yet again, to save Luke. That's why Han was there when Hoth was attacked, and Han made sure Leia got out.

Now, in Han Solo issue 1 of Disney's canon comics, he's gone back to smuggling in between ep4 and ep5. HUGE STINKING MISTAKE. They are missing plot points and tossing Han around without understanding of his character!

He won't avoid Leia when their son falls to the dark side! He won't just go back to smuggling! Han risks his life for his friends! Han volunteered for a dangerous Rebel mission first thing when he got over his hibernation sickness. He values the Rebellion and the New Republic should follow by extension of any part he'd have played helping Leia and Luke. He'd play a part. He'd value it as much as they would.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1592 on: September 19, 2016, 04:45:10 AM »

Disney's writers sure seem to like having Han go back to smuggling, but they didn't seem to absorb from the first trilogy that Han doesn't abandon his friends. Han didn't pay Jaba as planned, because he came back to save Luke from Vader. Han was still helping his friends and the rebellion at the opening on Hoth, but he still had that bounty on him and was getting ready to pay it. Han delayed Jaba, yet again, to save Luke. That's why Han was there when Hoth was attacked, and Han made sure Leia got out.

Now, in Han Solo issue 1 of Disney's canon comics, he's gone back to smuggling in between ep4 and ep5. HUGE STINKING MISTAKE. They are missing plot points and tossing Han around without understanding of his character!

He won't avoid Leia when their son falls to the dark side! He won't just go back to smuggling! Han risks his life for his friends! Han volunteered for a dangerous Rebel mission first thing when he got over his hibernation sickness. He values the Rebellion and the New Republic should follow by extension of any part he'd have played helping Leia and Luke. He'd play a part. He'd value it as much as they would.

How is it a mistake?  He goes back to make up the difference to his debt with Jabba but goes right back to Leia and the Rebellion...I don't see what you're taking issue with.  As to what happened when Ben fell..we don't have the whole story yet.  It is not unbelievable Leia and Han both fell into familiar things to cope..it is actually very realistic.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #1593 on: September 19, 2016, 06:04:19 AM »

I'm not good at being brief without just leaving things out. I don't mean to say it's all trash when I express disappointment in something they've done. And I don't mean to hurt someone who enjoys the story. I find that I'm hurting, because some level on the original seems void in the new. It's not so easily recognized or described, but I'm not so robotic as to be able to choose to ignore it.

He had enough to pay Jabba at the end of A New Hope. A now non-canon comic said he was robbed on the way to pay, but Disney killed that. In the films, he was busy helping the Rebellion and kept being prevented from paying Jabba, exemplified on Hoth. The new canon doesn't address the money he had and is skipping things by even trying to make him go back to his old ways with no explanation as to why he doesn't just pay Jabba first, as he had the money at the end of ANH. It doesn't fit the moral lessons Han learns and character development of the film. I'm well aware of realistic issues that destroy marriages when kids get into drugs and crime etc. The strength of the films was that the characters develop and find strength and unbreakable bonds. Then, Disney says break those bonds to make drama in TFA ep7. They are making the story less powerful, even for all the interesting little stories they get to tell. The Disney comic goes with Han dropping jobs, but taking a job for Leia because it's more important, where they do go into more detail of that character development moral lesson I'm talking about. It's like taking something away to rehash it and then take credit like they wrote it.

I was worried when I read the beginning of Issue 1. I've finished Issue 3 now. They're doing a good job in the comics of making it feel like the characters, but with Han, they'll suddenly careen off here and there. I keep seeing things happen in comics and Aftermath books that make it seem as though they are failing to understand his story arc and how he went from being a selfish smuggler to someone who would die for his friends and the Rebellion. It's part of why Harrison Ford felt Han should have died in the carbonite in ESB ep5.

The characters having been through what they have been through, I don't think it's realistic for Han to avoid Leia, as stated in ep7. The director has also said he regrets how he handled that. Then, after doing something so out of character as to avoid Leia when she would have needed support and reassurance from her husband, they come back yet again to his willingness to die, and they let him, as if to suggest he's wrong for loving his son that much. I'm feeling the lack of unspoken hope and morality that made the original so powerful, even as people bashed it for it's being unrealistic. There's a place for pessimistic realistic films with grit. There's a place for lots of kinds of stories. I don't mean to say I don't respect them. Star Wars was an optimistic story that started with characters who clashed and had flaws, but developed bonds, learned moral lessons and found strength against great challenge. Disney seems to be going back to flaws like no one ever learned, especially with Han's part. It has permeated a hidden sense of "We never learn. What does it matter? Dark and Light are the same."

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #1594 on: September 20, 2016, 12:06:19 AM »

Perhaps the makers of South Park would understand. They took issue with Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1595 on: September 20, 2016, 08:36:56 PM »

Perhaps the makers of South Park would understand. They took issue with Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull.

Who didn't take issue with it? It sucked worse that TFA.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1596 on: September 22, 2016, 12:05:58 PM »

Anakin Skywalker ROTS concept art:

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1597 on: September 24, 2016, 05:08:02 PM »

Maybe Snoke is Mace Windu?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xBRxofNI3Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xBRxofNI3Y</a>

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1598 on: September 24, 2016, 06:07:32 PM »

If I'm correct, snoke only has 4 fingers on each hand

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #1599 on: September 24, 2016, 07:58:53 PM »

If I'm correct, snoke only has 4 fingers on each hand

Sake of the argument He is Mace (I dont think so though) all we have seen is a Hologram..he could be 2 foot tall for all we know.   Although there was that picture of Serkis in a mocap suit on stilts...

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #1600 on: September 24, 2016, 08:10:23 PM »

Sake of the argument He is Mace (I dont think so though) all we have seen is a Hologram..he could be 2 foot tall for all we know.   Although there was that picture of Serkis in a mocap suit on stilts...

Maz Kanata has 4 fingers as well. If Maz is a Jawa, perhaps Snoke is a former disgruntled Jawa

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #1601 on: September 24, 2016, 08:53:21 PM »

In ep2, Obi Wan convinces Anakin to leave Padme where she fell in the desert, because stopping Dooku could end the war right then. If Anakin had let Dooku go to help Padme, he might've been expelled from the Jedi order, according to Obi Wan.

Yoda lets Dooku escape to save Obi Wan and Anakin from being crushed.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #1602 on: September 24, 2016, 10:07:02 PM »

In ep2, Obi Wan convinces Anakin to leave Padme where she fell in the desert, because stopping Dooku could end the war right then. If Anakin had let Dooku go to help Padme, he might've been expelled from the Jedi order, according to Obi Wan.

Yoda lets Dooku escape to save Obi Wan and Anakin from being crushed.

Padme was in no real danger.  She landed on a dune that cushioned her fall (relatively), she was far away from the fighting and there was a trooper with her.  Obi-Wan and Anakin on the other hand were in quite a bit of danger.

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #1603 on: September 24, 2016, 11:18:50 PM »

Padme was in no real danger.  She landed on a dune that cushioned her fall (relatively), she was far away from the fighting and there was a trooper with her.  Obi-Wan and Anakin on the other hand were in quite a bit of danger.

Also one could suppose (and this is purely my own logic which may or may not make sense) that, given this fact, if Anakin had gone to Padme's side, their relationship would have been exposed.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1604 on: September 25, 2016, 12:00:01 PM »

I'll be so getting one of these:

https://www.facebook.com/The501stLegion/photos/a.164650034751.117031.17637574751/10154608874639752/?type=3

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: