Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 946129 times)
Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -63

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #2055 on: January 05, 2017, 05:26:47 PM »

How 'bout not?
oh, Greedo. Of course.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2056 on: January 05, 2017, 05:30:39 PM »

oh, Greedo. Of course.
'Bout time. Geez, how could you not see that?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #2057 on: January 05, 2017, 06:00:42 PM »

So you're saying it's a satire on the world at large. I guess I can accept that. I just always viewed the Jedi as more than capable to sense BS. But then I also wasn't paying attention to the fact that the Dark Side was pushing against them to the tipping point of coming back into balance. Good catch.

I get what you're saying about fear corrupting people, it just seemed a bit extreme. But then we also weren't exposed to the daily events that would have eroded the Jedi's resistance to such a corrupting influence. I would have expected certain individuals that knew Ahsoka best to put up a better fight: Plo Koon, Anakin, Obi Wan. NTM they had had INVESTIGATING the bombing of the temple specifically because she was off world at the time. So they went from "Let's have her play lead investigator" to "OMG! She did it."
I agree with this. It was a little device-ish to intro the creature, but it went a long way in showing Saw's distrust of people. And then there was the crux of it when he thought that Jyn was there to kill him.

I don't know if "satire" is the right word, since that requires a bit of comedy, but you can definitely say it reflects real world events.  Smiley

I can understand it feeling extreme. I'd have to rewatch the series (which I don't really want to do because, frankly, these episodes are just a few of the parts I really like) to get a better sense of and provide specific examples for how the Republic slowly erodes, but within the episodes they immediately change to thinking she's the murderer because she appears to kill Letta in her cell. We as viewers know it wasn't her, but the rest of the world doesn't. It's also important to mention that it was the Clones that arrested her (not the Jedi), Tarkin had a lot of influence, and Anakin fiercely defended her to the point of providing her with a keycard to get out of her cell.

I can understand it being drastic, but I don't think it's particularly extreme, and all of the character motivations check out to me.

If anything, what can be frustrating about the episode is that miscommunication is what leads to the drama. I'm alright with it because, as mentioned earlier, I think it's thematically appropriate, but I can see how it's frustrating in that sense.

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2058 on: January 05, 2017, 06:37:30 PM »

I don't know if "satire" is the right word, since that requires a bit of comedy, but you can definitely say it reflects real world events.  Smiley

I can understand it feeling extreme. I'd have to rewatch the series (which I don't really want to do because, frankly, these episodes are just a few of the parts I really like) to get a better sense of and provide specific examples for how the Republic slowly erodes, but within the episodes they immediately change to thinking she's the murderer because she appears to kill Letta in her cell. We as viewers know it wasn't her, but the rest of the world doesn't. It's also important to mention that it was the Clones that arrested her (not the Jedi), Tarkin had a lot of influence, and Anakin fiercely defended her to the point of providing her with a keycard to get out of her cell.

I can understand it being drastic, but I don't think it's particularly extreme, and all of the character motivations check out to me.

If anything, what can be frustrating about the episode is that miscommunication is what leads to the drama. I'm alright with it because, as mentioned earlier, I think it's thematically appropriate, but I can see how it's frustrating in that sense.

All satire is is a parallel drawn in a ridiculous (emphasis on ridicule) to the state of the real world. Like Gulliver's Travels was a satire of the British empire and humanity, way back when.

Perhaps, but anyone with remote experience using the Force should be able to tell that Ahsoka wasn't in a stance or bear the familiar expression of malice associated with choking someone out.

Who has the face of someone who knows what they're doing?

I see your point on the theme, I guess I just wish it had been done smarter.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #2059 on: January 05, 2017, 06:51:15 PM »

All satire is is a parallel drawn in a ridiculous (emphasis on ridicule) to the state of the real world. Like Gulliver's Travels was a satire of the British empire and humanity, way back when.

Perhaps, but anyone with remote experience using the Force should be able to tell that Ahsoka wasn't in a stance or bear the familiar expression of malice associated with choking someone out.

Who has the face of someone who knows what they're doing?

I see your point on the theme, I guess I just wish it had been done smarter.

That's fair. Wishing for better execution is never a bad thing. Point for the awesome discussion.  Smiley

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2060 on: January 05, 2017, 07:19:11 PM »

That's fair. Wishing for better execution is never a bad thing. Point for the awesome discussion.  Smiley
No prob. I'm not actively trying to troll on the current canon, but I was late to the TCW game, and I just fail to see what all the hype was about.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2061 on: January 05, 2017, 07:29:25 PM »

No prob. I'm not actively trying to troll on the current canon, but I was late to the TCW game, and I just fail to see what all the hype was about.

You sure got through it quickly.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2062 on: January 05, 2017, 08:36:15 PM »

You sure got through it quickly.
Netflix binge.

I will probably go through again soon, in the chronological sequence.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2063 on: January 05, 2017, 08:46:36 PM »

All this talk of sabers and cute girls suddenly dropped my brain into the gutter. Roll Eyes

Looks like we did our job KDP.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2064 on: January 05, 2017, 09:44:01 PM »

Ok?

Sig by For Tyeth

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #2065 on: January 06, 2017, 03:34:50 AM »

Most of it's pretty bad. That arc is the only I think is genuinely good, along with a lot of the clone stuff. The only problem is I can't remember a lot of the clone stuff.  Cheesy

The show's main value is just being able to explore some wacky parts of the universe, like the Nightsisters and Deathwatch and whatnot. Doesn't hold a candle to Tartakovksy's CLONE WARS though.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2066 on: January 06, 2017, 01:35:54 PM »

Most of it's pretty bad. That arc is the only I think is genuinely good, along with a lot of the clone stuff. The only problem is I can't remember a lot of the clone stuff.  Cheesy

The show's main value is just being able to explore some wacky parts of the universe, like the Nightsisters and Deathwatch and whatnot. Doesn't hold a candle to Tartakovksy's CLONE WARS though.
The OCW had its bits that were just Gendy having an action-gasm, but I think he told a better story, in only 40 episodes......that were only 5min long. Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2067 on: January 07, 2017, 12:54:22 AM »

I just finished "The Wrong Jedi" episode of TCW again, and I just realized that Ahsoka knows everything about Anakin. Even down the him and Padme being married.

Posted this earlier, but under the wrong thread, sorry.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2068 on: January 08, 2017, 04:56:40 PM »

Well, I'm a huge fan of TCW because they showed the watcher various facets of characters we wouldn't have seen otherwise.  I don't need a face-paced, action-driven plot.  I enjoyed watching the characters grow and change.  Of course, there were episodes I didn't like and some that I outright skipped over in the beginning because I didn't care about whatever was going on at the time, but as a whole, I have a great appreciation for it.  I would have been very content with an entire season of just watching Ashoka learn the Jedi path or seeing how Ventress came to be the warrior that she is.  Character development is my jam and I though TCW fleshed out a lot of things I wanted to know about Anakin and others.  Validation of the above is not required.  I'm just putting it out there.  Wink

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #2069 on: January 08, 2017, 11:15:09 PM »

Although someone has probably already posed this question at some point... What if someone accidentally switched R2 and C3POs processors so 3PO was in R2s body and vice versa....

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: