Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 946133 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2160 on: January 26, 2017, 02:18:14 AM »

You actually think so? No blood or gore or anything.

That is one of my new favorite scenes from TFA.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #2161 on: January 26, 2017, 08:14:17 AM »

We already know the title of Ep IX !!!

EP VII : The Force Awakens ...
EP VIII : ... The Last Jedi ...
EP IX : ... From His Sleep

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2162 on: January 26, 2017, 03:11:07 PM »

I just had a thought: How could Ren and the FO have destroyed all of the Jedi but Luke, when it's been 30 years since the fall of the Empire? It doesn't take more than 30 years to train a Jedi, and there were doubtless older knights that would have been more than a match for Ren and his emo boy band. Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #2163 on: January 26, 2017, 03:12:31 PM »

Again I say: What is this crap?

I also just had a thought: How could Ren and the FO have destroyed all of the Jedi but Luke, when it's been 30 years since the fall of the Empire? It doesn't take more than 30 years to train a Jedi, and there were doubtless older knights that would have been more than a match for Ren and his emo boy band. Undecided

Just a stupid joke ...

The Force Awaken The Last Jedi From His Sleep ...

... Sorry  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #2164 on: January 26, 2017, 05:37:38 PM »

I just had a thought: How could Ren and the FO have destroyed all of the Jedi but Luke, when it's been 30 years since the fall of the Empire? It doesn't take more than 30 years to train a Jedi, and there were doubtless older knights that would have been more than a match for Ren and his emo boy band. Undecided

Because, supposedly, Yoda was the last Jedi while he was training Luke. Once Luke became a master, (presumably sometime during the 30 years since the fall of the epire) he started a training class with other Force users that he had found and gathered together. This included Ben Solo.

Some sequence of events happened which lead to Ben killing all the rest of his class (still leaving the question of why Luke didn't stop him). Until Rey surfaced as a powerful force user, Luke was the last Jedi. Since Rey isn't trained, she can't claim the title of Jedi. Or something like that...

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2165 on: January 26, 2017, 05:46:35 PM »

Because, supposedly, Yoda was the last Jedi while he was training Luke. Once Luke became a master, (presumably sometime during the 30 years since the fall of the epire) he started a training class with other Force users that he had found and gathered together. This included Ben Solo.

Some sequence of events happened which lead to Ben killing all the rest of his class (still leaving the question of why Luke didn't stop him). Until Rey surfaced as a powerful force user, Luke was the last Jedi. Since Rey isn't trained, she can't claim the title of Jedi. Or something like that...
Other Jedi? Not padawans. Knights equivalent to Corran Horn and the like. Older Jedi not in class. You're telling me that Luke only managed to find younglings in the latter half of the past 30 years?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #2166 on: January 26, 2017, 05:59:13 PM »

Other Jedi? Not padawans. Knights equivalent to Corran Horn and the like. Older Jedi not in class. You're telling me that Luke only managed to find younglings in the latter half of the past 30 years?

Nope, I'm telling you it's something Disney probably didn't think out completely and they went with the 'this title sounds cool' factor or (if we're lucky) it's a thing that will be explained in the movie.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2167 on: January 26, 2017, 06:30:52 PM »

Nope, I'm telling you it's something Disney probably didn't think out completely and they went with the 'this title sounds cool' factor or (if we're lucky) it's a thing that will be explained in the movie.
I don't think we're that fortunate. So if they have definitely settled on "The Last Jedi" as the title of Ep8, that pretty much guarantees that Luke will die, and Rey will be left as the last. (LAME) Although I will give them props if they actually have the balls to kill off Rey, making Luke the last Jedi.....again.

Just thought of this...

Why is it that the bad guys in SW are always men? At least the main baddies. (Charal and Asajj don't count.) I would love to see a proper bad girl take the fight to the Jedi.

Sig by For Tyeth

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2168 on: January 26, 2017, 06:55:54 PM »

I don't think we're that fortunate. So if they have definitely settled on "The Last Jedi" as the title of Ep8, that pretty much guarantees that Luke will die, and Rey will be left as the last. (LAME) Although I will give them props if they actually have the balls to kill off Rey, making Luke the last Jedi.....again.

Just thought of this...

Why is it that the bad guys in SW are always men? At least the main baddies. (Charal and Asajj don't count.) I would love to see a proper bad girl take the fight to the Jedi.
I perhaps wouldn't be so quick to rule out Captain Phasma....

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2169 on: January 26, 2017, 08:49:43 PM »

I perhaps wouldn't be so quick to rule out Captain Phasma....

BTW, how did she survive?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2170 on: January 26, 2017, 09:29:56 PM »

BTW, how did she survive?
Because JJ Abrams couldn't direct good sci-fi continuity if his life depended on it.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2171 on: January 26, 2017, 10:36:15 PM »

Although I will give them props if they actually have the balls to kill off Rey,

Oh yes! That would be amazing. Actually, if Luke and Rey died that would be even better.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #2172 on: January 26, 2017, 11:21:26 PM »

I'm not sure the franchise could justify having the story follow Kylo Ren as the last standing Skywalker by the end of Episode IX, and remaining on the Dark Side...that just doesn't fit the kind of storytelling the Episode films are about.  Especially since it seems to be Rey's story.

As for the Jedi under Luke.  I get the impression that he didn't start training new Jedi for many years, probably so he could search for more knowledge about the Jedi.   The other issue he might have had is finding force sensitive people that could become Jedi.  They are suppose to be rare and some just don't make it.   He knew he had once as soon as Ben Solo was born, but had to wait for him to grow a little.   No telling when Luke stated Ben's training.  Nor do we know as of yet how Luke trains Jedi in this canon.   The others Luke was training might has been weak force users.  Or Snoke managed to sway more than just one to become the Knights of Ren and so you have a micro Jedi Civil War with the Knights of Ren slaughtering the rest of the Students and what few, if any Jedi Luke may have completed their training.  It seems doubtful the Luke completed anyone training before Ben turned Kylo on him, since one gets the impression that Ben was his strongest student (because family history), but possibly his most unstable one, making Luke worry about the training.

Luke likely had a bit of cold feet in training new Jedi.  While he would respect Yoda's wishes to pass on what he had learned, he couldn't ignore the warning from the case of Obi-wan's training of Anakin Skywalker.  As it turns out, Ben turned to the Dark Side...or something close to it, so Luke had his major failure.  Now it is time to see if be can pull a mix of Obi-wan Kenobi and Yoda in training Rey.   And if Mark Hamill will get to do his Yoda impressions in the movie.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2173 on: January 26, 2017, 11:42:55 PM »

We get a reluctant teacher, a head strong student, and an adversary that would like to see them both dead. 

Regurgitated?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #2174 on: January 27, 2017, 12:10:07 AM »

Standard fantasy setting storyline.

What we don't know is how it will go.  Logically Luke trains Rey in the ways of the Force so she can confront the Knights of Ren and Snoke in an effort to bring balance to the Force.   Though Luke may have a different idea of what balance is compared to the Church of the Force or the Old Jedi Order.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)