Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1292668 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #795 on: January 13, 2014, 03:32:15 PM »

ok Jev I gotta say- glad we don't have that here  Undecided

Sure, we have people who lower their cars, put the biggest rims they can on to fit inside their guards. often with the wheels up inside the guards themselves and the guards rolled. or get large rims with little tyre profile on SUVs/ 4WDs, especially things like Jeeps, Dodges, BMWs and Range Rovers. Or you have the traditional big rock crawlers or muddys on 4WDs (those at least has some practicality, though most the time the cars aren't used where such tyres are necessary, its just all flash).

But that? that is just plain stupid. absolutely ridiculous.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #796 on: January 13, 2014, 03:46:58 PM »

Sure, we have people who lower their cars, put the biggest rims they can on to fit inside their guards. often with the wheels up inside the guards themselves and the guards rolled. or get large rims with little tyre profile on SUVs/ 4WDs, especially things like Jeeps, Dodges, BMWs and Range Rovers. Or you have the traditional big rock crawlers or muddys on 4WDs (those at least has some practicality, though most the time the cars aren't used where such tyres are necessary, its just all flash).

The culture of bling-bling. Sad, sad things.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #797 on: January 13, 2014, 03:54:14 PM »

To be fair, we do have monstrously big 4WD-4-Door-Utes that tower over a normal SUV, generally containing either one or a hoard of bogans; its never a reasonable amount of them for a car that enormous and don't put anything in the tray either!

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #798 on: January 13, 2014, 04:51:36 PM »

To be fair, we do have monstrously big 4WD-4-Door-Utes that tower over a normal SUV, generally containing either one or a hoard of bogans; its never a reasonable amount of them for a car that enormous and don't put anything in the tray either!

Here in Perth its still the falcons and commodores that tend to attract the bogans more.

And I drive a 4WD 4 door ute Wink She's my daily driver.

However, she isn't monsterous. Especially when I pull up next to an F truck- those things make you feel very small all of a sudden. my hilux isn't lifted (yet- the other half keeps wanting to put a lift kit on it), doesn't have big tyres (yet- another thing my other half wants to add Tongue). I do however have the SR5 wheels, and a few other goodies. And clear taillights... But I'm not a bogan Tongue In my defence, they were there when we bought it lol.

I always find it amusing just how many 4WDs you see around in Perth, we West Aussies really do like to be able to get away. When we were in Melbourne we didn't see half the number of 4WDs around. And a decent amount of them are 4WD 4 door utes. Use it for work, lug the kids around, and then take it out duning, 4WDriving and camping on the weekend! Best of all worlds really  Wink

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #799 on: January 13, 2014, 05:10:22 PM »

Yes, well that's all good and fine if you're going duning, but I doubt the perfectly polished, only-seen-bitumen you get 'round Ashfield and Bassendean count as a good choice of vehicle - its just a waste of natural resources.

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #800 on: January 13, 2014, 05:45:15 PM »

Since this is a venting thread, allow me to vent for a moment. It's not a major thing, and it is for the best, but I'm in a ton of pain today! It's because I'm healed up enough that now the nerve endings are reconnecting, so, like I said, it's a good thing. Still, it hurts and I hate being in pain.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #801 on: January 13, 2014, 05:47:48 PM »

Since this is a venting thread, allow me to vent for a moment. It's not a major thing, and it is for the best, but I'm in a ton of pain today! It's because I'm healed up enough that now the nerve endings are reconnecting, so, like I said, it's a good thing. Still, it hurts and I hate being in pain.

Sad...a sad this gives me buddy.

Sad

Light side points please Smiley

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #802 on: January 13, 2014, 05:48:12 PM »

Couple shots of whisky and you'll be juuuust fiiiiine...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #803 on: January 13, 2014, 05:48:32 PM »

I am doing my very best to work toward my Shodan certification as well as some job related activities.  My dinosaur phone died on Thursday and I have replaced it with a data phone (yeah I know I am way behind but I really hate phones).  So when I asked someone to install apps on it, they knew I frequented Facebook and put it on there.  I get a FB post this morning while I am in the doctor's office and it is a post from a friend commenting on a sexual education group putting out information about how men are nothing but lustful, hateful animals.  

It was not what the group's pamphlet contained that got my blood pressure soaring, it was her comments.  The last time I got into a discussion like this, I was flamed for weeks.  I'll go into more details on the US fanatics Facebook group.  Ask Zren about joining if you want to follow this.  

Needless to say, the app is gone because I cannot carry FB with me everywhere or my head will probably explode.  Thankfully I can always work on Apex.  

Blue out.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #804 on: January 13, 2014, 10:37:10 PM »

Being a teenager is rough. Being a person who is only starting to move out of that phase of their life is rough as well. Teenagers think that the whole world owes them something. That everyone is out to get them, and that they are being ignored 24/7 on purpose. That they're some big shot who's worth more than the sum of all other people that they know. I definitely was not an exception to that rule, and I'm still learning how to move past all that BS.

But it's tough. I fail a lot. And I wish I wouldn't. But I get that I'm only human. I understand that making mistakes is how you learn to better yourself. But the temptation to point fingers and blame others is great. It's the easy way out. Owing up to your mistakes and working to be a better person? That's tough. That's hard. And that is ultimately why it is worth fighting for. But that doesn't mean it's going to be easy, and I get that. I'll continue to screw up. But I'll also continue to have success too. And that's what matters.

So really, I just wanted to vent.

Thank you.

Bye.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #805 on: January 13, 2014, 10:43:42 PM »

Sad...a sad this gives me buddy.

Sad

Sad It'll be okay though. Like I said, I do know it's for the best, but sometimes that journey to betterment is painful. And Jev, thanks but I don't drink...and I'm not going to apply it to the wound Wink

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #806 on: January 13, 2014, 11:36:00 PM »

Glad you are getting better even if it means you have to go through some tough pain to get there. Wink

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #807 on: January 14, 2014, 01:26:43 AM »

Yes, well that's all good and fine if you're going duning, but I doubt the perfectly polished, only-seen-bitumen you get 'round Ashfield and Bassendean count as a good choice of vehicle - its just a waste of natural resources.

yep. especially when you get the soccer mums who just have a couple of kids they take to school in it and the grocery shopping each week.
or the cars that have spray on mud on them?! comeon mate!  Roll Eyes go get some real mud up it if you like the look!

hugs! you know im wishing for you to get better soon my friend Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #808 on: January 14, 2014, 02:35:41 PM »

I feel like I'm falling apart. I'm having a bad allergic reaction to my antibiotics. Sad

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #809 on: January 14, 2014, 03:58:20 PM »

Being a teenager is rough. Being a person who is only starting to move out of that phase of their life is rough as well. Teenagers think that the whole world owes them something. That everyone is out to get them, and that they are being ignored 24/7 on purpose. That they're some big shot who's worth more than the sum of all other people that they know. I definitely was not an exception to that rule, and I'm still learning how to move past all that BS.

But it's tough. I fail a lot. And I wish I wouldn't. But I get that I'm only human. I understand that making mistakes is how you learn to better yourself. But the temptation to point fingers and blame others is great. It's the easy way out. Owing up to your mistakes and working to be a better person? That's tough. That's hard. And that is ultimately why it is worth fighting for. But that doesn't mean it's going to be easy, and I get that. I'll continue to screw up. But I'll also continue to have success too. And that's what matters.

So really, I just wanted to vent.

Thank you.

Bye.

I would recommend reading up on the personal fable/egocentrism in adolescence (what you described in the first paragraph). I'm not sure if there's anything about coming out of it, but having an informed perspective on it may be helpful.

no

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: