Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 177   Go Down
Author Topic: Let's see what grab bag you got! Post your pics here!  (Read 668149 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2012, 02:58:31 AM »

Now I'm anxious to get my GB saber in... COME ON SOUNDBOARD!!!

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #241 on: September 05, 2012, 03:48:31 AM »

Dang Akos,  now I'm jealous of vel. Lol he's got a blasted prototype!

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Thonolan
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #242 on: September 05, 2012, 04:06:01 AM »

Makes me even more excited for mine!!!

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #243 on: September 05, 2012, 04:26:34 AM »

Wait.... so do we have a new Chosen One? Shocked

no

Thonolan
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #244 on: September 05, 2012, 04:28:01 AM »

they apparently chose a second one....

DUEL TO THE DEATH!! THERE CAN BE ONLY.... ONE!

Wait, wrong canon....

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2012, 04:25:52 PM »

that cannon is accepted here though

looking into the internals last night finally, i believe it is actually an old master replicas board, so this goes even farther back than the obsidian prototype, talking with master artorius confirmed it

ill post some pictures as well as a review shortly, and even a couple videos, i got to use it for a while last night

yeah its a really old, really odd setup

if you look, the lens, is actually glued inside the shock emitter, which im going to have to change, eventually ill strip the board out and install it in one of tracts sabers for him, and toss in either obsidian or a neutrino board for myself with an av switch, maybe even mod it for in hilt recharge

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 05:14:47 PM by Veldryne » Logged

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

spidie2000
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2012, 07:10:56 PM »

My 1st Grab bag came in yesterday, I have to say I'm a bit let down after seeing some of the more recent bags people have received.  I got a Dark Initiate V2 (blazing red as I requested).  Not that its a horrible saber or anything, but I paid $50 for a grab bag, plus $5 for blazing red, plus $15 for a mid grade ultra edge blade.  Total = $70.

Now if you just add a Dark Initiate to your cart, blazing red with an ultra edge mid grade blade it equals $69.99    ....  So basically I actually paid .01 more than if I had just strait up ordered that exact saber, getting a grab bag seems like it should warrant some kind of discount, I guess its more of a gamble than anything.  Luckily my Guardian still makes me smile, the DI will probably get the ebay hammer.

Obi-wan CG
Anakin AS
Guardian GB
Dark Arbiter Staff BR
CE Prophecy V3 AB
Archon v2.1 SY
Manticore GB
Consular CG
Aeon v3 LE VA
CE Monarch DVA
Dark SI AS
Dark Catalyst FO
Crimson Reaper PO

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2012, 07:16:49 PM »

My 1st Grab bag came in yesterday, I have to say I'm a bit let down after seeing some of the more recent bags people have received.  I got a Dark Initiate V2 (blazing red as I requested).  Not that its a horrible saber or anything, but I paid $50 for a grab bag, plus $5 for blazing red, plus $15 for a mid grade ultra edge blade.  Total = $70.

Now if you just add a Dark Initiate to your cart, blazing red with an ultra edge mid grade blade it equals $69.99    ....  So basically I actually paid .01 more than if I had just strait up ordered that exact saber, getting a grab bag seems like it should warrant some kind of discount, I guess its more of a gamble than anything.  Luckily my Guardian still makes me smile, the DI will probably get the ebay hammer.

yep thats pretty much what a grab bag is. A gamble. Some times you win, sometimes you lose, but in the end you still got a lightsaber.  Smiley

@Veldryne pity it wasn't a higher end board, but you still got a sound saber which is crazy in itself.  Tongue

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #248 on: September 05, 2012, 07:21:23 PM »

yep thats pretty much what a grab bag is. A gamble. Some times you win, sometimes you lose, but in the end you still got a lightsaber.  Smiley

Definitely.  The trick to grab bags (and this is hard if you're on the forum) is to not get your expectations up, because there certainly isn't any guarantee you'll get a Shock like Veldryne or something.  You're MUCH more likely to get a Dominix or Initiate or something, and just break even.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #249 on: September 05, 2012, 07:21:51 PM »

As you said... it's a gamble.

Any way you slice it, you at least break even (or close enough that it doesn't matter). Look at it this way... US could have a stockpile of $20 sabers that they're handing out with Grab Bags...

Either way, you're getting your money's worth. Actually more, because the blades are more expensive when not in a grab bag.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

spidie2000
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2012, 11:47:23 PM »

By the way I was wrong, it's a Dominix V2 not a Dark Initiate, its starting to grow on me a little.  I may keep it around for whenever my friend's kids come over and want to play with my lightsabers... that way I don't have to hand over a $250+ toy to them to scuff up.

Obi-wan CG
Anakin AS
Guardian GB
Dark Arbiter Staff BR
CE Prophecy V3 AB
Archon v2.1 SY
Manticore GB
Consular CG
Aeon v3 LE VA
CE Monarch DVA
Dark SI AS
Dark Catalyst FO
Crimson Reaper PO

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #251 on: September 05, 2012, 11:55:48 PM »

I really REALLY like the aeon and dominix V2s. I think they are the easiest for most people and most hand sizes to handle. they are lightweight, comfortable, and with a midgrade 32" blade, super fast! Plus they are really easy to customize. You can wrap it (cloth or leather), put O-rings on it, weather it (sandpaper, <- with clearcoat, paint with drybrush technique etc), add a claw... anything else you can imagine.. It's such a nice canvas to work with, while others don't lend themselves to customizations as easily.

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #252 on: September 06, 2012, 01:39:38 AM »

Dominix V2s make excelent dueling sabers. Great control and gripping. They also make great spinning sabers!

dark side points please

BlackHawk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -38

I cannot be seen, for black is colorless...

« Reply #253 on: September 06, 2012, 02:57:14 AM »

One part I don't like about that is that it says "SUBSTANTIAL SAVINGS FOR OUR CUSTOMERS!" When it really isn't...I mean yeah, sometimes it is, like the Chosen Two, but other than that, not much "saving" except for a few bucks here and there...

Dark Side points are what I desire...

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #254 on: September 06, 2012, 02:39:24 PM »

Most of the grab bags I have seen are Aeons, Dominixes, or Liberators.  So let's say you want a costume piece, therefore you are not getting a blade.  So the lowest price full hilt is 64.99 and you pay 50.  That is a 23% saving.  In advertising lingo, substantial is 20% or greater.  Let's look at blades.  To purchase a blade alone, you are going to pay between 29-39.  On the grab bag, you get it for 15.  If you like HG, that is a $24 in the pocket.  Even the lower end sabers are gonna add price for Ultraedge and Heavy Grade.

You have to remember that the grab bag was setup to be random without a blade.  That is where the savings come into play.  You are getting a saber with a minimum saving of 23%.  Of course like the regular sabers, the more you add, the more you cost yourself.  That is because you are taking the randomness out of the situation. 

If you are wanting a specific saber with a specific color, then you need to go to the site and order it.  If you don't care the color or the style of hilt, then get a grab bag.  I have often recommended these to people that are having trouble making up their minds.  This way, you know what you want and don't want. 

My first was an Archon V1 pictured below.  I could not make up my mind what I wanted so my lady bought this for me as a Christmas gift.  Random with a mid-grade blade.  Total cost $55 (the price has increased due to the PVC hilts being gone.)  What did I learn?  That I loved Guardian Blue.  It was the shade of Blue that I still love to this day.  I also learned that mid-grade blades were not what I wanted.  I also learned that the next hilt I bought needed to be longer than 10 inches as my giant hands hung off both ends.  So rather than make a $200 investment and be disappointed, I made a $55 investment and learned a great deal. 

This is what grab bags are meant to be.  Random sabers that you can have fun with, learn something about yourself and Ultrasabers, and be more informed when you make a larger purchase.  These are your samples.  You get to see size, quality, brightness, and strength.  It is also a lot cheaper than driving or flying to a con to hold a saber for yourself. 

Just my thoughts and I hope to see more pictures. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 177   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: