Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1495534 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7170 on: January 17, 2019, 03:39:18 AM »

I ask for a switch section making switches more accessible and being able to take the saber apart to feel more like a saber than a flashlight.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7171 on: January 17, 2019, 03:53:02 PM »

I ask for a switch section making switches more accessible and being able to take the saber apart to feel more like a saber than a flashlight.
You mean bodies comprised of more sections in order to more easily access the switch?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7172 on: January 17, 2019, 04:07:34 PM »

You mean bodies comprised of more sections in order to more easily access the switch?

Yes, most in the hobby call it a switch section when that part is removable.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7173 on: January 17, 2019, 04:25:22 PM »

Yes, most in the hobby call it a switch section when that part is removable.
Foreseeable problem with that is more parts = more machining + more weight = MO' MONEY. This might be alright for the DIY community shopping for empty parts, but for those of us not inclined to mess with stuff, that's a bad thing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7174 on: January 17, 2019, 08:56:41 PM »

But imagine the possibilities of MHS compatible switch sections with quick connect switches...

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7175 on: January 17, 2019, 09:02:13 PM »

But imagine the possibilities of MHS compatible switch sections with quick connect switches...

Exactly

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7176 on: January 17, 2019, 09:03:31 PM »

I've got other possibilities to drool over at the moment.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7177 on: January 17, 2019, 09:20:28 PM »

To each his own

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #7178 on: January 18, 2019, 02:53:04 PM »

The ability when ordering a piecemeal hilt to have an option to have them install X electronics in it. Make it just an electronics install with a menu like the main saber selection so you can pick the various options ie. colour, sound, and so forth.

Also the option an a tri colour to have one LED as flash with the other two constant on or the use of the 4 LED board with 3 on and one flash.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7179 on: January 18, 2019, 03:22:20 PM »

I had thought of a "quick release" blade...

A "sleeve" with vertical grooves or channels (they'd go towards the LED, but then do a 90o) would fit inside the emitter, and hold "pins" on the actual blade. You'd insert, then twist (a twist lock?). It could even be spring loaded...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7180 on: January 18, 2019, 03:23:22 PM »

A "sleave" with vertical grooves or channels (they'd go towards the LED, but then do a 90o would fit inside the emitter, and hold "pins" on the actual blade. You'd insert, then twist (a twist lock?). It could even be spring loaded...

I like this idea!  I vote for this as well!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7181 on: January 18, 2019, 03:41:28 PM »

A "sleave" with vertical grooves or channels (they'd go towards the LED, but then do a 90o would fit inside the emitter, and hold "pins" on the actual blade. You'd insert, then twist (a twist lock?). It could even be spring loaded...
I suggested something like this (blade thumb screws) early in my collecting, for purposes of conning/photo-ops...but was shot down because of the possibility that idiots would get butt hurt (if not really hurt) because they tried to duel without the proper screw tightness on the blade. I say sell them with the disclaimer that the device is not for dueling and warranty will be voided if you do.

Sig by For Tyeth

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7182 on: January 18, 2019, 03:47:23 PM »

Or a retention screw could be there as well - some redundancy?  Whatever though...lol

The sleeve would also hold the LED module in place...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7183 on: January 18, 2019, 04:27:10 PM »

Or a retention screw could be there as well - some redundancy?  Whatever though...lol

The sleeve would also hold the LED module in place...

I agree with redundancy, add another retention screw and give out a disclaimer.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #7184 on: January 18, 2019, 04:30:21 PM »

A "sleeve" with vertical grooves or channels (they'd go towards the LED, but then do a 90o) would fit inside the emitter, and hold "pins" on the actual blade. You'd insert, then twist (a twist lock?). It could even be spring loaded...

I think you are referring to a "Bayonet Fitting" connector which you find on a lot of light bulb pendants (where the bulb screws in, except the pins are on the bulb and the corresponding slots are on the socket). The problem may be that the pins can get bent and/or the socket/slots get damaged as the "L" shaped piece can snap off.
This is a real chance as heat is a consideration near the LED. Similar problems happen with the taps that control radiator heaters (internally they use pins that sit in a socket but can warp with heat which is the reason some radiators can't be switched on/off after being used for long periods).

Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: