Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496363 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3855 on: January 06, 2016, 09:45:56 PM »

Why and how would a D-ring effectively interfere with the sound? 

A D-ring in the style of the Skywalker saber (Graflex). The D-ring is mounted across the pommel, so he may be referring to that interfering with the sound vents.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

MandyNeko
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 18

Light side of the Force

« Reply #3856 on: January 06, 2016, 10:35:51 PM »

I'm new here, so this may have been mentioned before. I love the extra detail that the LE sabers have, but what about different colors of anodized detail? I like the silver sabers with gold accents, but what about a silver saber with the azure or crimson detailing? Or a black saber with either of those colors instead of silver?
It wouldn't match anything specifically in the Star Wars universe that I know of, but it would look pretty cool. The full azure/crimson hilts are a little too colorful for my tastes, but the colors might be nice as accents.

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #3857 on: January 06, 2016, 10:47:28 PM »

I'm new here, so this may have been mentioned before. I love the extra detail that the LE sabers have, but what about different colors of anodized detail? I like the silver sabers with gold accents, but what about a silver saber with the azure or crimson detailing? Or a black saber with either of those colors instead of silver?
It wouldn't match anything specifically in the Star Wars universe that I know of, but it would look pretty cool. The full azure/crimson hilts are a little too colorful for my tastes, but the colors might be nice as accents.

I'm guessing Ultrasabers experimented with that, as I got a v2 Initiate as a grab bag that has red accents.  It looks...  okay.  Not terrible, but not ZOMG HOW DO I ORDER MORE.  It doesn't look the same color as the various Crimson sabers, so my unfettered-by-facts wild speculation is that they used a different anodizing technique or setup for those.  Would be interesting to see that, certainly!  (I like the color red, but sometimes I'm feeling more Jedi, so an Apprentice with red anondized highlights and a blue blade?  Ooooooh!)

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 62

My spirit guide is the Cheshire Cat

« Reply #3858 on: January 07, 2016, 12:26:52 AM »

A D-ring in the style of the Skywalker saber (Graflex). The D-ring is mounted across the pommel, so he may be referring to that interfering with the sound vents.

I would imagine if you were to drill a hole to attach a d ring in a pommel, the sound would not be effected much; if at all,  Unless I am thinking of the wrong type of d ring.... *checks google*  yeah, I don't really see it being much of an issue. If it was officially offered then some pommels might need a redesign of sorts, but I would imagine that in most cases or even DIY install could occur easily with minimal impact to the sound quality. just plan it out to cross as few sound holes as possible. The sound will still travel through the other vents.

Do you think that there might be a rattle?  like the sound vibrates the d ring and causes a light buzz?   i suppose it would be drown out.   

Thanks for the answer

Dark Initiate v4 (4 channel Emerald w/ Obsidian v4)

Signature Made By: DarthScrub

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3859 on: January 07, 2016, 01:44:48 AM »

Do you think that there might be a rattle?  like the sound vibrates the d ring and causes a light buzz?   i suppose it would be drown out.   

My Harley has a d ring o it's air box cover that vibrates like crazy when I crank the throttle. I know the acoustics are different, but it is NOT a pleasant sound. I had to wrap it in duct tape to eliminate the sound.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #3860 on: January 07, 2016, 05:54:41 PM »

My Harley has a d ring o it's air box cover that vibrates like crazy when I crank the throttle. I know the acoustics are different, but it is NOT a pleasant sound. I had to wrap it in duct tape to eliminate the sound.

I was thinking electrical tape but anything to cushion the vibration and fill the gab a little more would do the trick.

Aslo I saw a Dring on the back of a pommel square in the center of bottom of the vented pommel earlier today and now see where the concern might be.

If you are apt to make this a home modification get an un-vented pommel and mount the d ring then drill your own sound vents around it. 

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3861 on: January 07, 2016, 08:56:34 PM »

I think adding tape would muffle the vibration of the d ring, but it would also slightly muffle the sound. For those of us who like a louder sound profile, that would be a big trade off.

I have seen some Archon pommels with the d ring drilled through one of the squares on the outside of the pommel.  That would be a sturdy setup with less vibration. To me, that's the best way to go as far as drilling.

I've also seen people use paracord, suede, and leather at the pommel to add grip and a bit of decoration. Some of them used that wrap to hold the d ring in place. I don't know how sturdy or comfortable it'd be, but at least it's not permanent, and you could play with its position to see if you like it.

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #3862 on: January 07, 2016, 10:30:33 PM »

Could you paint the d-ring in plasti-dip, so that it's not metal-on-metal?  I'm not sure if having a metal ring is the aesthetic people are going for or not, so this may be a non-starter suggestion.

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Agupaulu
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

Light side points appreciated

« Reply #3863 on: January 07, 2016, 10:55:13 PM »

More options for green. All we have is consular green. A lime green or a pale green.

Currently own:
Emerald Manticore w/ obsidian v4 soundboard
Dark initiate LE v3 in Blazing red
Phantasm Initiate v2 in Consular Green and Fire Orange

Spades
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #3864 on: January 07, 2016, 11:25:04 PM »

I think adding tape would muffle the vibration of the d ring, but it would also slightly muffle the sound. For those of us who like a louder sound profile, that would be a big trade off.

I have seen some Archon pommels with the d ring drilled through one of the squares on the outside of the pommel.  That would be a sturdy setup with less vibration. To me, that's the best way to go as far as drilling.

I've also seen people use paracord, suede, and leather at the pommel to add grip and a bit of decoration. Some of them used that wrap to hold the d ring in place. I don't know how sturdy or comfortable it'd be, but at least it's not permanent, and you could play with its position to see if you like it.

not if the d ring it self was wrapped.  An exacto knife and a pair of tweezers will make you fairly precise, you would be able to wrap the ends along the flat edge, just before the break in the ring. slip it back in and your vents are un-affected. Electrical tape as the benifit of being somewhat elastic, you stretch it out a bit as you wrap, and it thins out some, and may contract which would help keep the connection point snug.

you can easily add a d ring to the outer side of a hilt by weaving it into any wrapping you apply to the hilt. or you can simply rivet in a d ring attached to a  strap of some kind.

THANK YOU ULTRA SABERS. I am excited to have a "just for fun" project again.

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #3865 on: January 08, 2016, 09:26:08 AM »

More options for green. All we have is consular green. A lime green or a pale green.
I think there's an Emerald Green? Also Sunrider's Destiny kinda straddles blue and green -- a turquoise or teal colour. I love it.

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3866 on: January 08, 2016, 12:16:32 PM »

I think there's an Emerald Green? Also Sunrider's Destiny kinda straddles blue and green -- a turquoise or teal colour. I love it.

Also, if you go with the emerald driver, you have your choice of different shades of green. If you wany more color options you have to pay for it.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3867 on: January 08, 2016, 10:06:55 PM »

Alright all you TCW fan-girls, listen up. I heard a rumor that a certain snippy padawan's hilt is in the works for release this year.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #3868 on: January 08, 2016, 11:27:13 PM »

Alright all you TCW fan-girls, listen up. I heard a rumor that a certain snippy padawan's hilt is in the works for release this year.

I feel a ripple in the Force, as if hundreds of Togruta fans suddenly squee'd in delight.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3869 on: January 09, 2016, 01:30:42 PM »

I'd like US to stock an outlet plug with 2 USB slots so I can plug in 2 chargers into one outlet. It would really declutter things. I know I can get them elsewhere, but it'd be nice if I could include one with an order when I order more chargers.

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: