Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496376 times)
Mursaat
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #3960 on: February 19, 2016, 02:41:55 AM »

A lot of the US stock is currently in back order, and a good number of us (IMPATIENT!!!!) force-wielders, really would like to get a saber as soon as Humanly/Nautolanly/Togrutaly/Zabrakly<insert favorite SW alien race>ly possible. 

I kinda got an idea, from (drooling at) the "Best selling sabers" bar, at the bottom of the home page, which of course are all in back order.  I was thinking, perhaps US could post a "buy it now" premade saber or two, from what they have in stock and on hand at that time.  Something like, US finds they have an abundance of Initiate V4 hilts, Obsidian v3 sound boards, Ultraedge midgrade blades, and Green LED's.  They could put a "Buy it now" style button, with the price of that saber, thus clearing stock they currently have on hand, and minimizing the dreaded fabrication, shipping, and delivery time.  Or similarly, add one or two hilts, with diminished options, such as the buyer chooses blade color and blade grade, but everything else is preselected from current stock.

Not sure how actually feasible this might be, but it could possibly help people get sabers quicker.

Mursaat

So, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Trent957
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 24

« Reply #3961 on: February 19, 2016, 03:20:57 AM »

They kinda already do that with the grab bags and the Express Checkout option.

Plus I think the way US works is that every hilt they have available is empty at first and as orders come in, they are filled to that orders specification. Frankly when US is firing on all cylinders and not swamped like they are now, I hear they are pretty damn fast, even my order I placed last Saturday is going to be here tomorrow, and I put some bells and whistles on it.

The problem that arose is that so many people have ordered sabers these past 2 months that it simply overwhelmed them, especially with Stunts and Lite orders. Something they will probably be over prepared for by the time Rogue One or Ep VIII comes out.

Sabers owned:
Dominix V3 Stunt Saber CG
Flamberge V2 w/Obsidian V4 CG

kenkokoszka
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3962 on: February 19, 2016, 06:54:54 PM »

A couple of items on my wishlist.

1) A weathered finish option for saber hilts.
2) A cross-guard saber where the smaller side blades are angled upwards rather than perpendicular to the main body of the hilt.

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #3963 on: February 19, 2016, 07:46:45 PM »

A lot of the US stock is currently in back order, and a good number of us (IMPATIENT!!!!) force-wielders, really would like to get a saber as soon as Humanly/Nautolanly/Togrutaly/Zabrakly<insert favorite SW alien race>ly possible. 

I kinda got an idea, from (drooling at) the "Best selling sabers" bar, at the bottom of the home page, which of course are all in back order.  I was thinking, perhaps US could post a "buy it now" premade saber or two, from what they have in stock and on hand at that time.  Something like, US finds they have an abundance of Initiate V4 hilts, Obsidian v3 sound boards, Ultraedge midgrade blades, and Green LED's.  They could put a "Buy it now" style button, with the price of that saber, thus clearing stock they currently have on hand, and minimizing the dreaded fabrication, shipping, and delivery time.  Or similarly, add one or two hilts, with diminished options, such as the buyer chooses blade color and blade grade, but everything else is preselected from current stock.

Not sure how actually feasible this might be, but it could possibly help people get sabers quicker.

Mursaat

So basically, a Grab Bag, but with sound options?  Not a bad idea.  Stunt, Lite, Obsidian v4, Obsidian v4 + Emerald.  I wonder how much of the electronics' simplicity is a manufacturing bonus of grab bag sabers, or if that's largely irrelevant -- by the time a tech is assembling it, adding a board or two may not be a big deal.

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3964 on: February 19, 2016, 07:56:05 PM »

So basically, a Grab Bag, but with sound options?  Not a bad idea.  Stunt, Lite, Obsidian v4, Obsidian v4 + Emerald.  I wonder how much of the electronics' simplicity is a manufacturing bonus of grab bag sabers, or if that's largely irrelevant -- by the time a tech is assembling it, adding a board or two may not be a big deal.
From what I read on a recent post on another thread, the order list for the obsidian lite is much much longer than for the obsidian v3 or obsidian v4, due to the delay in them restocking the AAA battery packs.

debso
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3965 on: February 20, 2016, 07:30:57 PM »

can we get a darth sidious inspired hilt?

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #3966 on: February 20, 2016, 08:13:24 PM »

The Monarch, I believe, is inspired by his saber.

There have been suggestions for a more accurate representation of his saber, as well as Mace Windu's saber. I don't think you can really do these hilts justice in monochrome or even bichromic designs with the beautiful electrum finishes and the melding of silver, gold, and black pieces seen in the canon versions of these sabers. With the recent release of the Archon V3.1 and its bronze neck piece, I believe there's a higher possibility that US could introduce these sabers with decent accuracy

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3967 on: February 20, 2016, 08:18:57 PM »

I've heard the same thing about the Monarch being a Sidious spin off.

All of the points you mentioned are correct about the color matching difficulty, but I think the other thing is the size. I've seen some other Sidious sabers, and they are tiny. I don't see how you can get a good combat type of saber and still be that size. If there is a way, though, I'm sure US will figure it out. After they dig out of the avalanche of orders they are currently under, thiugh.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3968 on: February 20, 2016, 08:26:10 PM »

Also, they can't and won't make decent replicas of the sabers because of copyright and other legal issues. They can create similar hilts, but they will probably not look the way you want them. The Archon v3.1 isn't a replica either - it's missing that activation box. That way they can't be charged with copyright violation, but it's still resembling Luke's ROTJ hilt many members wanted to see from Ultrasabers.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3969 on: February 20, 2016, 08:30:06 PM »

Also true.

They don't say they are the best at replicas, just the best blend of price, durability, and combat readiness.  All points I happen to agree with.

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #3970 on: February 20, 2016, 08:52:01 PM »

^ Both good points. Sidious' saber is rather small.

And US has been pushing themselves to get more detailed with their saber spinoffs, if you will. Just look at the Menace and how many pieces that saber has. I would love to have a Mace Windu inspired hilt with its true colors in place, and I think it would work size-wise for that one.

LordTargaryus
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -17

Dark Side Points

« Reply #3971 on: February 21, 2016, 08:01:02 AM »

I would love the Monarch if the pommel was different. A friend pointed out that the swell makes it look sort of like something you might find in...a toy shop (if you catch my meaning). Now I can't un-see it.

Own:
Bellicose+TRI Blazing Red+Obsidian V4
Want:
Malice+TRI Blazing Red+Obsidian V4
Dark Shock LE+Emerald+Obsidian V4

BladeCrossEXE
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -76

Shape the Future! Give Dark Points!

« Reply #3972 on: February 21, 2016, 01:29:29 PM »

I would love the Monarch if the pommel was different. A friend pointed out that the swell makes it look sort of like something you might find in...a toy shop (if you catch my meaning). Now I can't un-see it.
*Waves hand*
You do not see a dirty toy.

Subscribe to me on Youtube! youtube.com/FlashingBladesProductions
Current Sabers:                                             
Dark Catalyst                                                 
Dark Prophecy                                               
Dark Initiate V2 LE x2
Dominix V2 RGB
Flamberge LE Emerald

debso
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3973 on: February 21, 2016, 02:04:21 PM »

yeah it kinda does. i can't unsee it either smh.
i'd like a mace windu inspired hilt as well.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3974 on: February 21, 2016, 08:58:45 PM »

If a certain component (blade plug, pommel, etc.) is out of stock, but US has a comparable part, please email us to make sure it is OK that you finish our order with the other part.

There have been a few people who have gotten items that were similar to what they ordered, but it was not what they ordered. For example X blade plugs instead of regular blade plugs. Emitters with/without certain color accents. An upgrade in US's eyes may not be an upgrade in the customer's eyes. If the customer knows, they can then make the decision to complete the order with the components on hand or they can wait until the item gets in stock.

This may be daunting, given the number of orders and stocking issues, but it's better than a ticked off or disappointed customer.

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: