Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1498236 times)
firewisplet
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

"You were my brother Anakin! I lava'd you!"

« Reply #4020 on: March 10, 2016, 01:30:43 AM »

I know that for some sabers to use this idea on the emitter end of the saber they might need to be modified, but what if the neck pieces from the Catalyst and the Arbiter as well as the choke on the Guardian/Scorpion/Mantis pommel were sold separately? For those that would like to lengthen their saber but not enough to warrant buying a yari. Since they are MHS compatible they could be used at either end of the saber and unlike the Archon neck they could be used with nearly every emitter and every pommel.  

P.S. Crimson Apprentice.
Or how about making shorter and longer pike extensions?

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4021 on: March 11, 2016, 12:31:26 AM »

How about a smaller sized Flamberge/Renegade, like Initiate size or something? Like something for the kids or whatever Tongue Just an idea. I know it could probably be done though

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4022 on: March 11, 2016, 08:57:57 AM »

I'm not sure if this has already been suggested, but a quick-release blade system would be awesome.  A snap-lock, or something.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4023 on: March 11, 2016, 08:51:25 PM »

I wonder if their is a way to wire an illuminated AV to the sound board power on an Emerald saber in order to completely bypass the "blade" power, so that the AV is on only when the saber is on, but it won't take up one of your channels.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

firewisplet
Knight Templar

« Reply #4024 on: March 11, 2016, 10:45:43 PM »

I'm not sure if this has already been suggested, but a quick-release blade system would be awesome.  A snap-lock, or something.
It sounds like it would be difficult to implement, or unreliable, but it would solve the problem of always loosing those pesky allen wrenches
It could work though, if maybe you made and indent around the blade so it wouldn't fly out.
Maybe a thumbscrew could work better, it would be faster than getting out your allen key.

Abyss
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #4025 on: March 11, 2016, 11:22:08 PM »

I can envision a quick change blade system. This is probably over engineered, but here's the idea. The blade has a channel near the base of the blade, and the emitter has a sort of square hook lever or two. An axle in the middle with a the hook on one end and a spring pushing against it on the other. The hook end would be angled blade-side so it opens when you put the blade in, but square hilt-side so it won't open from movement. You'd push in on the spring side of the lever to unlock the blade. It'd add some expense to both hilt and blade though.

Neither Light nor Dark are superior. Rigid denial of self and blood obedience to dogma is just as oppressive as abandonment to base passions and unchecked pursuit of power. Do the good you can for whom you can, but do not succumb to either extreme.

I may be Gray, but I lean Light, so those points are appreciated.

SRD Apprentice v4, BR Dark Apprentice v4

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4026 on: March 12, 2016, 12:23:28 AM »

I can envision a quick change blade system. This is probably over engineered, but here's the idea. The blade has a channel near the base of the blade, and the emitter has a sort of square hook lever or two. An axle in the middle with a the hook on one end and a spring pushing against it on the other. The hook end would be angled blade-side so it opens when you put the blade in, but square hilt-side so it won't open from movement. You'd push in on the spring side of the lever to unlock the blade. It'd add some expense to both hilt and blade though.
Good plan.  I was thinking of even simpler though.  Like a twist-lock involving pins, or ball bearing system of sorts. IDK.

Allen keys, and pausing while trying to install or remove your blade are weaknesses is all.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Abyss
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #4027 on: March 12, 2016, 12:34:02 AM »

I thought about a twist lock, but it seems to me that they'd get knocked out from the force of repeated blows. And a ball detent requires just as much force to remove as to place, and I'd be concerned about, again, repeated impacts or string centrifugal force from rapid spinning. I dunno though. Maybe they would be strong enough. If I had the tools for detenting etc, I'd experiment with that.

Neither Light nor Dark are superior. Rigid denial of self and blood obedience to dogma is just as oppressive as abandonment to base passions and unchecked pursuit of power. Do the good you can for whom you can, but do not succumb to either extreme.

I may be Gray, but I lean Light, so those points are appreciated.

SRD Apprentice v4, BR Dark Apprentice v4

nermaljcat
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #4028 on: March 13, 2016, 04:22:48 AM »

It'd be great to be able to switch color profiles on the Emerald driver with a push of a button (ie. how the Obsidian v4 does this for sound).

Archon v3.1, Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4 + Archon v2 emitter

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #4029 on: March 13, 2016, 05:56:22 AM »

The Inquisitor's lightsaber would be quite desirable.

A31
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

The Force is with you always...

« Reply #4030 on: March 13, 2016, 06:32:12 AM »

Someone may have already said this...but Kanan Jarrus lightsaber is a sweet saber. I'd like to see it as an UltraSaber!

Prophecy V3 Obs lite  (AB)

Archon V2.1  Obs V4  (TRI CG)

Initiate V4   Obs V3   (GB)

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #4031 on: March 13, 2016, 05:13:20 PM »

I know that for some sabers to use this idea on the emitter end of the saber they might need to be modified, but what if the neck pieces from the Catalyst and the Arbiter as well as the choke on the Guardian/Scorpion/Mantis pommel were sold separately? For those that would like to lengthen their saber but not enough to warrant buying a yari. Since they are MHS compatible they could be used at either end of the saber and unlike the Archon neck they could be used with nearly every emitter and every pommel.  

For what it's worth, you can buy the Arbiter piece separately by request - I have one that I bought for a project a year or so back.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

firewisplet
Knight Templar

« Reply #4032 on: March 16, 2016, 02:57:47 AM »

The Inquisitor's lightsaber would be quite desirable.
With motorized spinning too!

Duskheart
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -41

Bookaflock!

« Reply #4033 on: March 16, 2016, 03:14:47 AM »

Well since I didn't know this thread existed before I made my other thread, I also would love to see a smaller, initiate/dominix style crossguard saber.  A slimmer/shorter curved hilt would be awesome too, as the Mantis is pretty girthy and long, which isn't really suited to the fighting style most people would use a crossguard saber for.  I know that you can take off the shrouds to make it slimmer, but that also makes it a lot more plain looking.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #4034 on: March 16, 2016, 03:16:51 AM »

It'd be great to be able to switch color profiles on the Emerald driver with a push of a button (ie. how the Obsidian v4 does this for sound).

I would love to see US come out with an option for this.

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: