Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1498495 times)
Darth Xocni
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -48

The Dark Side gives me strength

« Reply #4905 on: January 31, 2017, 07:59:56 PM »

I could see the one you laid out being his offhand saber for sure, and I ALSO agree that his main hand saber design is something that never has looked too comfortable, but that said:  neither is Luke's or Vader's, and there are tons of those floating around.  I could see a comfortable version of it being made IF it weren't too large of a saber circumference-wise, and truthfully - maybe even having a very good grip if one of the 3 metal pieces on the length of the saber rested in the nook of the thumb, and another in the nooks of the fingers.  I dunno - I may have to get a basic saber from US sometime and get crazy with the forging and metalworking to see if I can make a Revan main-hand.
My personal opinion (and future projects) would be to get the Arbiter or Dark Arbiter and attach four Raven claws extending down from the emitter.

Nwûl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.
Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

"Failure and disobedience are one and the same... In the Sith tongue both translate as "treason". That is the wisdom of the ancients!"

Initiate LE V2 "Justice" - GB UEMG
Overlord "Ari iv Azinimas" - BR UEHG Obsidian V4

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #4906 on: February 03, 2017, 09:11:05 AM »

At 328 pages, I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but:
How about an activation box option on more sabers? The Shock (which I own and adore), with all its Old Republic appeal, would benefit immensely by an activation box feature. Come to that, the Bellicose and Arbiter models would both also look dynamite with one.

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4907 on: February 03, 2017, 10:52:58 AM »

Agreed.  Activation boxes should totally be added to the parts or build your own sections.

Did anyone ever mention hats?  I want a hat. Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4908 on: February 03, 2017, 06:32:12 PM »

At 328 pages, I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but:
How about an activation box option on more sabers? The Shock (which I own and adore), with all its Old Republic appeal, would benefit immensely by an activation box feature. Come to that, the Bellicose and Arbiter models would both also look dynamite with one.
It would also make DIY work easier.

Like this...

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

OlynKhorn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -47

« Reply #4909 on: February 03, 2017, 08:52:08 PM »

Like this...

Speaking of, where is a good place to get those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightsabers owned: Dark Apprentice V4 LE saber staff in Blazing Red, Dominix V4 in Blazing Red, Mantis in Consular Green, Fulcrum in Guardian Blue, Archon V3 in Sentinel Yellow, Intiate V4 LE saber staff in Consular Green, Renegade LE saberspear in FO, Dark Catalyst in VA

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #4910 on: February 04, 2017, 01:50:17 AM »

Throwing it out again, a dark side sound font for Obsidian Lite.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

« Reply #4911 on: February 04, 2017, 07:07:53 AM »

Like this...

Yeeessss.... Very good, Darth Logos. That looks AMAZEBALLS. I'm throwing you a DSP. ... And I just about needed a towel.

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4912 on: February 04, 2017, 10:11:44 AM »

-1 to BatMike90 for the good one.

+1 to justmutantjed for "AMAZEBALLS". Grin

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4913 on: February 06, 2017, 07:22:43 PM »

Yeeessss.... Very good, Darth Logos. That looks AMAZEBALLS. I'm throwing you a DSP. ... And I just about needed a towel.
Oh...I wish this were mine. I just remembered seeing it on Google Images of "customized lightsabers". There are so many pretty things to look at.

I think if you email a special request for parts, US can work out a price for you.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

« Reply #4914 on: February 07, 2017, 09:05:42 AM »

Yeah, US is a very accommodating company to work with. I have been turned down for one highly coveted part though -- the Renegade emitter -- but it's been nattered on about incessantly since the Renegade came out, and they've been insanely busy since TFA --and now R1 -- hit, so I'm not surprised they don't have the time for it.
As an aside, I *have* been gathering a couple exotic parts here and there from... well, various spots... and have a plan to "Old Republic" my Shock a bit. The process will involve a Graflex clamp with a couple extra holes milled into it for the power button and recharge port. I'll probably vlog about it on my YouTube channel once I get it done and get a new webcam.

Sabers owned:

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #4915 on: February 08, 2017, 03:05:36 AM »

I am working on a Sci-Fi YouTube MiniSeries, and have recently created a page on FaceBook, if anyone is interested.
https://m.facebook.com/CodenameSpirit/
I also think US needs to come out with some new sabers for us independent film makers, that have nothing to do with SW, or any other sci-fi franchise.

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

« Reply #4916 on: February 08, 2017, 08:06:28 AM »

Good idea, BlindJedi. I too would like to see some more wholly original designs, and see what else the mad geniuses at US have for us next. On the balance (because both here and IRL, balance and neutrality is my 'schwing'), there's only so many things one can do to an 8"-14" cylinder to make it stand out and not look like a replica of a prop from somewhere.
I think that might be what the Initiate, Sentinel, Apprentice, Aeon, Dominix, Liberator, Catalyst, Standard Issue, and perhaps the Manticore (do please correct me on any of these), are supposed to be: Generic "lightsabers" that don't really have an analogue belonging to licensed characters.
I'll point you to a couple threads that seemed relevant to this idea:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33301.0
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24954.0
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=18418.0

Sabers owned:

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4917 on: February 08, 2017, 04:31:33 PM »

I am working on a Sci-Fi YouTube MiniSeries, and have recently created a page on FaceBook, if anyone is interested.
https://m.facebook.com/CodenameSpirit/
I also think US needs to come out with some new sabers for us independent film makers, that have nothing to do with SW, or any other sci-fi franchise.
Emory has already stated that you can purchase full custom sabers.....but you have to buy like a 3000 unit run.

Personally, I'd like to see them take a break from character sabers and get back to original designs.

Sig by For Tyeth

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #4918 on: February 08, 2017, 04:55:28 PM »

Emory has already stated that you can purchase full custom sabers.....but you have to buy like a 3000 unit run.

Personally, I'd like to see them take a break from character sabers and get back to original designs.

A 3,000 unit run is nuts.  I'm sure you could get it done a heck of a lot cheeper than that, without having to make that many. I guess not by US.  It would be cool if they could do custom stuff too maybe for $1000 and up depending on options.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4919 on: February 08, 2017, 06:50:13 PM »

A 3,000 unit run is nuts.  I'm sure you could get it done a heck of a lot cheeper than that, without having to make that many. I guess not by US.  It would be cool if they could do custom stuff too maybe for $1000 and up depending on options.
That's his subtle way of saying "hellz no". US isn't in the business of making custom sabers, just customized sabers.

The reason why they would charge so much is primarily due to the requirements of designing and machine programming. When you machine mass quantities, the programming and setup cost per unit drops significantly. When you have a cost to program, machine setup & tooling, prototyping, etc. of say $10,000, it breaks down quickly for a bulk order. But when the usage ends up being small, like 1, then the price boils down to $10k per saber. No one's going to pay that until they figure out how to generate an actual energy blade. And would you really want to pay for trial & error to produce your custom saber.

There are places out there that will build you a custom saber, unique for you. But you will pay 10x what US charges for a fully loaded premium hilt. I know one place that tacks on $200 just for the option to etch.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: