Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers? Rebooted  (Read 94812 times)
Illyrium
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

From the water planet of Adriatica.

« Reply #210 on: May 04, 2015, 05:38:45 PM »

I'm not sure if this already exists or if someone else has mentioned it as an idea but...would it be possible for US to make a wall hanging stand/bracket? The magnet option is out of the window in view of the fact that the hilts are made of aluminium (at least I assume so?).

I would like very much to hang the sabers on the wall in a vertical position either with blade pointing up or down. With the sound turned off (when this becomes possible) and the light on they would look really nice and would make a lovely lighting display.

The stand can be a small finger thin cylinder which screws on the way (with the screw whole in the middle of the cylinder). Then a half circle (or similar type of) bracket can be attached to it on which the saber clicks in. If different sabers have different dimensions then different brackets can be made (the bit that screws on the wall remains universal).

What do you guys think? Is it possible?

Awaiting: Scorpion (with claw)

Soon to buy: Reaper, Flamberge v2, Malice, Raven, Dark War Glaive (nickel claws), Guardian.

The Dark Side definitely has the best looking sabers.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2015, 03:51:12 PM »

Dudes!  Just use the Sort dropdown! 

It does it a liitle bit in reverse to me - but if you select "Oldest" from the dropdown & hit "OK" - it will sort it from the Newest releases to the Oldest.

If you do that right now, it will give you all the Flamberges, followed by the Menaces and all the V4s and so on by release.

I never noticed that function either. But I just tested it. It's kinda messed up. It has the V2s in the middle of the menu, after the Mantis line. And if you select "Newest" it gives you the oldest stuff first.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #212 on: May 05, 2015, 11:12:42 PM »

I never noticed that function either. But I just tested it. It's kinda messed up. It has the V2s in the middle of the menu, after the Mantis line. And if you select "Newest" it gives you the oldest stuff first.

Yeah - I noticed last night it doesn't work perfectly.

If you sort by Oldest - it starts out OK with the Flams, followed by the Menaces and then the V4s, then starts acting screwey after that . . .

Oh well.  Hopefully we can get a good Filter at some point.  I suggested that before - rather than other pages & Sorts, it would be great if they could assign various attributes to each Hilt and then we could just Filter for the specific attribute(s) we want - say "LE" + "Emerald" or just "Azure".

That would be my ideal.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2015, 11:16:56 PM »

I'm not sure if this already exists or if someone else has mentioned it as an idea but...would it be possible for US to make a wall hanging stand/bracket? The magnet option is out of the window in view of the fact that the hilts are made of aluminium (at least I assume so?).

I would like very much to hang the sabers on the wall in a vertical position either with blade pointing up or down. With the sound turned off (when this becomes possible) and the light on they would look really nice and would make a lovely lighting display.

The stand can be a small finger thin cylinder which screws on the way (with the screw whole in the middle of the cylinder). Then a half circle (or similar type of) bracket can be attached to it on which the saber clicks in. If different sabers have different dimensions then different brackets can be made (the bit that screws on the wall remains universal).

What do you guys think? Is it possible?

Hey there - take a look in the Customizations directory of the Forum; there are numerous DIY wall mounts there, some stickied at the top.

I don't believe US will ever sell these but you may find instructions for something close to what you want posted in there.

Hope that helps!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Illyrium
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2015, 01:12:57 AM »

Hey there - take a look in the Customizations directory of the Forum; there are numerous DIY wall mounts there, some stickied at the top.

I don't believe US will ever sell these but you may find instructions for something close to what you want posted in there.

Hope that helps!

Hi. I have had a look at the various DIY models there but they are rather big and distract from the beauty of the saber (no offence meant to the makers). I think that the US sabers being such refined pieces of art need a wall stand which is very minimal, high quality and that gives the saber a floating look.

Soon to buy: Reaper, Flamberge v2, Malice, Raven, Dark War Glaive (nickel claws), Guardian.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2015, 01:01:59 PM »

Hi. I have had a look at the various DIY models there but they are rather big and distract from the beauty of the saber (no offence meant to the makers). I think that the US sabers being such refined pieces of art need a wall stand which is very minimal, high quality and that gives the saber a floating look.

I'm planning on shelving and lots of saber stands.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

obi-six
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 26

« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2015, 02:20:07 PM »

I wish US could offer the sabers without or without the blade. Currently there is no such option (except for the grab bag).

I can send a note during checkout to exclude the blade but the price and shipping charges would still be the same (although the box without blade will be much smaller)

An option without the blade has many advantages:

1. For those who only wants to display their sabers and not duel with it, the extra blade is not needed
2. Cheaper price (without blade and cheaper shipping) will enable fence sitters to take their first plunge, increasing sales and also repeat sales
3. smaller package (at least 60-70% reduction in volume) , therefore cheaper shipping and easier to handle

would you like having that option too? would love to hear from you.

RGB Overlord obsidian
Initiate V4 obsidian GB
Dominix V4 CG with sound

JinhamKlyean
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 38

Light-side points preferred.

« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2015, 02:34:09 PM »

I wish US could offer the sabers without or without the blade. Currently there is no such option (except for the grab bag). [...]
would you like having that option too? would love to hear from you.

Point for you, O6. I feel much the same.

Dark Sentinel v4 (CGreen, UEHG).
Proud member of Indy Lightsaber Academy!

Illyrium
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2015, 11:08:41 PM »

Point for you, O6. I feel much the same.

Likewise. Particularly for overseas buyers the if the shipping would drop down considerably it would certainly encourage people to buy. Especially when you consider that FedEx charges $80+ for the Flamberge for example.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #219 on: May 06, 2015, 11:34:37 PM »

Likewise. Particularly for overseas buyers the if the shipping would drop down considerably it would certainly encourage people to buy. Especially when you consider that FedEx charges $80+ for the Flamberge for example.

I certainly understand that.  Even if the actual purchase remained the same price with or without the blade - you would more than make up for that on shipping.

Zork of Spiffy
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2015, 01:36:39 AM »

I really want a Sentinel Yellow color option for my sabers. To me, if Ultrasabers added that and a deeper purple, they would by far be the top saber makers. Not that they aren't already, but I really want the yellow!

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #221 on: May 12, 2015, 01:39:17 AM »

I really want a Sentinel Yellow color option for my sabers. To me, if Ultrasabers added that and a deeper purple, they would by far be the top saber makers. Not that they aren't already, but I really want the yellow!

Ummmm . . . how do I break the news to you?  

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0

Wink

PS - you can also get an Emerald saber which will let you tune it to exactly the color hue you want . . .
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 01:43:04 AM by Lord Canterbury » Logged

Umbra-Manis
Force Sensitive

« Reply #222 on: May 13, 2015, 09:10:28 PM »

Those AV switches would look great!

I really want to see one of these style sabers with a brown anodized color.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #223 on: May 13, 2015, 10:50:33 PM »

Posted the pics in the other thread I started to let US know about our interest in Switch options, but figured I'd post here too.  Check these out:

Syl-Rel Veloci
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2015, 11:21:33 PM »

How about a different sound board? One that sounds more guttural and menacing Smiley

Lightside Points Appreciated

Crimson Scorpion with Fire Orange Blade
Dominix LE V3 with Guardian Blue Blade

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: