Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1282197 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8535 on: March 30, 2020, 06:13:05 PM »

I am one of those otaku snobs. So much so that I know that as a gaijin, self applying the term otaku is very offensive to Japanese people that identify as such. Therefore I am just simply a snob. Wink

"Otaku is a Japanese term for people with obsessive interests, particularly in anime and manga. Its contemporary use originated with Akio Nakamori's 1983 essay in Manga Burikko."-Wikipedia

So...y'know...

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #8536 on: March 30, 2020, 06:19:12 PM »

"In Western anime fandom, otaku is used interchangeably with anime fan(s), but that's not quite what it means in Japan. While anime - particularly late-night shows aimed at less mainstream audiences - are often associated with otaku, an otaku is not necessarily an anime fan. An otaku is an obsessive fan of any topic."

So...

Just to be clear: An otaku snob might actually judge others for watching dubs. I don't do that. I just happen to prefer the original Japanese with subs. People should watch whatever they want, however they want.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8537 on: March 30, 2020, 07:01:26 PM »

"Otaku is a Japanese term for people with obsessive interests, particularly in anime and manga. Its contemporary use originated with Akio Nakamori's 1983 essay in Manga Burikko."-Wikipedia

"In Western anime fandom, otaku is used interchangeably with anime fan(s), but that's not quite what it means in Japan. While anime - particularly late-night shows aimed at less mainstream audiences - are often associated with otaku, an otaku is not necessarily an anime fan. An otaku is an obsessive fan of any topic."
This effectively means the same thing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #8538 on: March 30, 2020, 07:25:06 PM »

This effectively means the same thing.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8539 on: March 30, 2020, 07:44:16 PM »

"I know what says here: words. And I intend to stand by these words, or my name is not Marcus Lycus.

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #8540 on: March 30, 2020, 08:02:02 PM »

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #8541 on: March 31, 2020, 07:19:15 AM »

Just out of curiosity, if I should ever want to start with the Gundam Series, where do I start?

I watched a few seasons of it (I think) some 15 or 20 years ago, with some beetle like enemies. Quite military oriented, green and brown colored, can't remember anything else, other then I liked it. But for some reason stopped.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8542 on: March 31, 2020, 05:11:26 PM »

Just out of curiosity, if I should ever want to start with the Gundam Series, where do I start?

I watched a few seasons of it (I think) some 15 or 20 years ago, with some beetle like enemies. Quite military oriented, green and brown colored, can't remember anything else, other then I liked it. But for some reason stopped.
Depends what you're into. I don't remember green and brown.......wait. You mean these?

If so, these are the Leo MS (aka "cannon fodder) from MS Gundam Wing. It was my first exposure to Gundam on Cartoon Network. (So many years ago.) It was a decent story, but a bit girly. Seriously, it falls into the anime type that caters to girls: pretty heroes, touchy feel-y love stories, elaborate and romantic costuming.

Or do you mean these?

These are MS-06F/J Zaku II (aka "cannon fodder) from the original Mobile Suit Gundam. The animation was late 70's crude, and the story starts off a bit slow, but WOW does it pick up. This series was almost ahead of its time in that it introduced the "real robot" to anime. The idea that the hero bot had limits (albeit few): run out of ammo, mechanical failure, and <gasp> fight a superior foe...and lose. It was more military than some of its progeny, but in some respects less so than others. Personally I liked the military aspect. One of the reasons I advocate the 8th MS Team, but that was just well done all around.

But to distinguish, a Gundam MS is usually white/mostly white in color, with a red goatee and gold V-crest on the forehead. Very few Gundams have ever strayed from this formula, and never very far. But for the most part, a Gundam has always been a MS of the highest quality and ability.

Well.....you get the idea.

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #8543 on: April 02, 2020, 04:41:58 PM »

Gundam X Char Aznable G-Shock 35th anniversary limited edition. I personally have a thing for G-Shock watches (I have 4 at the moment). They're not for everyone but I thought you might appreciate this one.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8544 on: April 02, 2020, 05:47:19 PM »

My collectors tastes run run along these lines.

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #8545 on: April 02, 2020, 05:56:57 PM »

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8546 on: April 02, 2020, 06:10:31 PM »

Good luck. These have all passed into the realm of "collectors' items". The cheapest of these is sell for like $200.

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #8547 on: April 02, 2020, 06:20:18 PM »

If I spend $200 on something that creates fire, it better do this...

And include her^.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8548 on: April 02, 2020, 06:43:54 PM »

If I spend $200 on something that creates fire, it better do this...

And include her^.
That's hot.

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

« Reply #8549 on: April 02, 2020, 07:36:14 PM »

That's hot.

Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: