Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Catalyst  (Read 4874 times)
Markus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 38

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 07:38:12 AM »

I am thinking of getting one of these as my next saber, already saving up, bummed I am going to miss the Halloween sale, what great bargains!

i am thinking of getting it with a Manticore emitter and using the emitter part of the catalyst as the pommel. not sure it will all work out but it may be worth a try!

While this will work for sure, you won't have the lense in there with the Manticore emitter.
Because of the dimensions and build of the Catalyst, it doesn't have the typical MLS unit and its casing in there.
The lense is mounted in the MHS emitter and the LED units sits in the top part of the "choke point" right below the emitter.

Perhaps it would be possible to fit an MLS unit in there if the upper end of the neck would be longer, but am not mechanic so...

Catalyst w/sound, RGBA Emerald, silver AV (Always On), w/Kill-Key

Kaza yuri
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -39

Shikin Haramitu Daikomyo

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 02:54:26 AM »

I thought the top part of the emitter came off and the lens was still in the choke point above the indentation, hmm may have to rethink this..........omen is my other choice, Star Wars and thunder cats mixed together nerd gasm for sure!

Learning how to love is the goal and the purpose of spiritual life
Not learning to develop psychic powers, to bow, do yoga, chant, or even meditate
But learning how to love. Love is the truth. Love is the light
Wish List - Crimson Scorpion, 2 Dark Arbiters with Menace Emitters, Dark Prophecy
Owned - 19 Sabers and counting, to many to list . . .

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 01:35:32 PM »

Kaza, you can take a look at my review of my Dark Catalyst to see how it all fits together. There's not room without the choke to fit an MLS unit under a normal MHS emitter - you need to use an extension like the Arbiter neckpiece or similar.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 07:58:02 PM »

It's so nice to see the Catalyst & Dark Catalyst finally getting a bit more love around here! Sentinel Yellow looks good on it, Cyrax!

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Reaperman
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 08:43:27 AM »

Would you recommend this saber to someone who is really into spinning?

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 12:02:26 PM »

So basically when taking the blade off be way careful on this one? I'm still thinking of getting me one in Sun Rider's Destiny but unsure of how sturdy this one is LED area wise

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 05:29:42 PM »

Would you recommend this saber to someone who is really into spinning?

While I'm not much of a spinner, I would think that the Catalysts would be excellent for it, in the absence of any significant protrusions from the hilt.

Zren, the Catalyst is perfectly solid. Like any hilt, you want to make sure everything is seated nicely - the blade dropped down as far as it will go and so on.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 11:09:14 PM »

Nice saber! It looks classy and sleek. I think i saw on the forums somewhere that you can get the color disks an use the yellow one to help the with the blend.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

Taoofandrew
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2015, 12:18:59 AM »

Wow that looks great, a very sentinel saber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jedi Knight Aya

I own:
Bellicose (CG, sound)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: