Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 946246 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2025 on: January 03, 2017, 10:19:39 PM »

Wouldn't this show how the war has caused the Jedi to abandon their beliefs and subsequently motivate Ahsoka to leave the Order?
She was inadvertently blessed by getting ousted by those Force-tards.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #2026 on: January 03, 2017, 10:33:35 PM »

She was inadvertently blessed by getting ousted by those Force-tards.

The story agrees with you in that they're being Force-tards by having Ahsoka choose to leave once given a chance to return, so I'm not seeing how your criticism holds up. The Jedi acted wrongly and are criticized for it, and so far I'm interpreting your comments as agreeing with that, so it doesn't make sense to me that that would be why you didn't like that arc.

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2027 on: January 03, 2017, 10:59:26 PM »

We know. Wink

Oh?  Wink

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2028 on: January 03, 2017, 11:06:36 PM »

The first 2 seasons were made terribly, but the episodes started getting better after the 3 season. I really didn't like the episodes that were solely about the droids. They were a waste of time. Even though Gregor was cool.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2029 on: January 04, 2017, 04:47:34 AM »

Oh, don't even get me started on the droid only episodes. Then there were the ones with no action and all political talk. It had it's bad moments.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2030 on: January 04, 2017, 06:15:29 AM »

Oh, don't even get me started on the droid only episodes. Then there were the ones with no action and all political talk. It had it's bad moments.

But then there was the good ones. Like the Krell arc, and the Onderon arc, and the Wrong Jedi arc (don't know if those are their official names or not). Those were some of the best ones. Also all the ones that were more about the clones than the Jedi. Those were good too. I also liked the Death Watch episodes where Ahsoka and Lux joined up with them, and then Ahsoka took them all down (or a lot of them at least).

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -63

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #2031 on: January 04, 2017, 06:58:10 AM »

My favorite episode was when Ahsoka lost her saber on Coruscant. My second favorite which was also one of my least favorites, was when she left the order. It was like, ya, those jerks don't deserve you but then, oh, now she won't be on the show anymore.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #2032 on: January 04, 2017, 08:20:33 AM »

The thing is, there was still arcs for Ahsoka for after she left the Jedi Order.  One had at least a few scenes in the cinematic phases and could possibly be released in the future.  The last arc for Mandalore would have told the tale of Order 66 from her point of view along with that of Captain Rex while Anakin and Obi-wan were of course doing what they were doing in Revenge of the Sith.  We know of some of it from the Ahsoka novel.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #2033 on: January 04, 2017, 10:07:07 AM »

I don't think Ahsoka left just because they were jerks in accusing her of a crime. I think it was that she saw how the Jedi were not living their own teachings in being part of the war AND a Jedi had fallen to become a violent terrorist that Ahsoka herself had mistakenly trusted AND how the Jedi council had been manipulated into accusing the wrong person of the crime. There are layers of imperfection revealed, which she herself could become victim to or guilty of. Leaving was the right thing to do for true reflection. In these ways(story layering), I'd say it's the best episode. It's good to bake one's noodle.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2034 on: January 04, 2017, 06:56:52 PM »

The story agrees with you in that they're being Force-tards by having Ahsoka choose to leave once given a chance to return, so I'm not seeing how your criticism holds up. The Jedi acted wrongly and are criticized for it, and so far I'm interpreting your comments as agreeing with that, so it doesn't make sense to me that that would be why you didn't like that arc.

I didn't like it because the Jedi in this instance were as stupid as the battle droids. I utterly despise when continuity is sacrificed for the sake of plot. It would be like Holmes spontaneously becoming dumber than Watson for no reason beyond deviating from the norm.

The first 2 seasons were made terribly, but the episodes started getting better after the 3 season. I really didn't like the episodes that were solely about the droids. They were a waste of time. Even though Gregor was cool.

True. I thought Gregor was wasted because we don't see him again until SWR.

But then there was the good ones. Like the Krell arc, and the Onderon arc, and the Wrong Jedi arc (don't know if those are their official names or not). Those were some of the best ones. Also all the ones that were more about the clones than the Jedi. Those were good too. I also liked the Death Watch episodes where Ahsoka and Lux joined up with them, and then Ahsoka took them all down (or a lot of them at least).

I hated the Krell arc. He was just a dick deluxe. How the Republic couldn't smell what was up just made me ache mentally. He gets victories but his casualty rate is 5X higher than any 3 generals combined? How does this not register as a drill team of red flags? NTM, why were they fighting the Umbarans, when one sits at the chancellor's left hand?

Plus I thought the Umbaran tech was too Covenant-esque.

Onderon bored me. Even more so when I found out that Saw Gerrera was not original to R1. Don't remember "the Wrong Jedi". And the only thing I liked about the Mando arcs were that Kenobi had a past. Wink

I don't think Ahsoka left just because they were jerks in accusing her of a crime. I think it was that she saw how the Jedi were not living their own teachings in being part of the war AND a Jedi had fallen to become a violent terrorist that Ahsoka herself had mistakenly trusted AND how the Jedi council had been manipulated into accusing the wrong person of the crime. There are layers of imperfection revealed, which she herself could become victim to or guilty of. Leaving was the right thing to do for true reflection. In these ways(story layering), I'd say it's the best episode. It's good to bake one's noodle.

I had Bariss pegged for the crime as soon as she sent Ahsoka to the warehouse. I always thought she was kinda hot, and then I saw her with her short hair and red blades. Woohoo Shocked

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2035 on: January 04, 2017, 07:21:40 PM »

I had Bariss pegged for the crime as soon as she sent Ahsoka to the warehouse.

Yes, so did I, she just was never quite right.

My favorite episode was when Ahsoka lost her saber on Coruscant. My second favorite which was also one of my least favorites, was when she left the order. It was like, ya, those jerks don't deserve you but then, oh, now she won't be on the show anymore.
The thing is, there was still arcs for Ahsoka for after she left the Jedi Order.  One had at least a few scenes in the cinematic phases and could possibly be released in the future.  The last arc for Mandalore would have told the tale of Order 66 from her point of view along with that of Captain Rex while Anakin and Obi-wan were of course doing what they were doing in Revenge of the Sith.  We know of some of it from the Ahsoka novel.

It was just the right thing for her to do, even though she was no longer a Jedi. But they sort of fixed that when she saw Yoda on Lothal in SWR, and he nodded to her, sort of like she was excepted back as a Jedi, even though she had been acting as one for a while now.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #2036 on: January 04, 2017, 10:27:05 PM »

I didn't like it because the Jedi in this instance were as stupid as the battle droids. I utterly despise when continuity is sacrificed for the sake of plot. It would be like Holmes spontaneously becoming dumber than Watson for no reason beyond deviating from the norm.

Deviating from the norm is exactly what is required in storytelling. In this case, the story being told is that of the Republic collapsing due to war, fear, terrorism, etc., and giving way too much power to a manipulative politician for the sake of security. The Jedi responding to this by being more motivated by fear rather than a desire for peace and taking extreme actions is absolutely warranted by the story and, without that and Ahsoka's subsequent leave (which is a powerful statement on how far the Jedi have fallen), then there's a whole aspect to this theme that wouldn't be explored.

I also disagree with your views on continuity. I'm getting the impression that you think continuity means things remain stationary (please correct me if I'm misinterpreting your statements), when I think it's more like tracing the progression of a story and how things have changed over time. Events happen, and people react and respond to those events, and what comes about from this is change.

If you were complaining about this in an era where the Jedi acted more like the way you described, before the Clone Wars changed everything, then I would agree with you, but this story arc is taking place in a very specific turning point in Galactic History that requires change for it to occur. This change isn't random either, it is a direct effect of the Clone Wars.

This isn't like Holmes suddenly being dumb for no reason, it's the Jedi changing their normal ways in response to threat. There is a cause to that effect, which is good storytelling.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2037 on: January 04, 2017, 10:44:14 PM »

Deviating from the norm is exactly what is required in storytelling. In this case, the story being told is that of the Republic collapsing due to war, fear, terrorism, etc., and giving way too much power to a manipulative politician for the sake of security. The Jedi responding to this by being more motivated by fear rather than a desire for peace and taking extreme actions is absolutely warranted by the story and, without that and Ahsoka's subsequent leave (which is a powerful statement on how far the Jedi have fallen), then there's a whole aspect to this theme that wouldn't be explored.

I also disagree with your views on continuity. I'm getting the impression that you think continuity means things remain stationary (please correct me if I'm misinterpreting your statements), when I think it's more like tracing the progression of a story and how things have changed over time. Events happen, and people react and respond to those events, and what comes about from this is change.

If you were complaining about this in an era where the Jedi acted more like the way you described, before the Clone Wars changed everything, then I would agree with you, but this story arc is taking place in a very specific turning point in Galactic History that requires change for it to occur. This change isn't random either, it is a direct effect of the Clone Wars.

This isn't like Holmes suddenly being dumb for no reason, it's the Jedi changing their normal ways in response to threat. There is a cause to that effect, which is good storytelling.

Very well put, exactly how I feel. Have a point.

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -63

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #2038 on: January 05, 2017, 12:09:41 AM »

Does anybody know what the mind-reading octopus thing in Rogue One was called?

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #2039 on: January 05, 2017, 12:48:42 AM »

Does anybody know what the mind-reading octopus thing in Rogue One was called?

Bor gullet.

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: