Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 946229 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2535 on: January 12, 2018, 09:05:58 PM »

The explanation that when they collided that it would have enough destructive force to burn everything down to the mantle. That means if we are close enough to witness the battle, we are all being burned. That would have ended the story pretty quickly
Woo hoo
I did think that there was a bit of a lapse in AOE, but I'll let it slide for a scientifically sound concept. Wink But also, I think he talking about if the amount of explosive force were unleashed on a planet's surface it would burn everything to the mantle. My inner physics nerd was doing unspeakably naughty things when he explained that. Or when he explain relativistic kinetic energy.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2536 on: January 12, 2018, 09:12:07 PM »

I did think that there was a bit of a lapse in AOE, but I'll let it slide for a scientifically sound concept. Wink But also, I think he talking about if the amount of explosive force were unleashed on a planet's surface it would burn everything to the mantle. My inner physics nerd was doing unspeakably naughty things when he explained that. Or when he explain relativistic kinetic energy.
I suck at physics so I will bow to your superior knowledge on the subject. Either way the AOE would have ended the movie

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2537 on: January 12, 2018, 09:21:26 PM »

*mind blown*

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2538 on: January 12, 2018, 09:37:27 PM »

I suck at physics so I will bow to your superior knowledge on the subject. Either way the AOE would have ended the movie
Yeah, but that would be one helluvan ending. Like, "Oops! I didn't know it was going to be that big." Why is there never any science-whoopsies in SW. Like what would have happened if Han blinked coming into SKB and missed the split second to come out of hyperspace?" But then hey, screw your busted remade lame ANH-style X-Wing attack. The Falcon could have solved the whole problem with one little WHOOPS.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2539 on: January 12, 2018, 09:40:48 PM »

Yeah, but that would be one helluvan ending. Like, "Oops! I didn't know it was going to be that big." Why is there never any science-whoopsies in SW. Like what would have happened if Han blinked coming into SKB and missed the split second to come out of hyperspace?" But then hey, screw your busted remade lame ANH-style X-Wing attack. The Falcon could have solved the whole problem with one little WHOOPS.
Because plot beats science. Ha, that would have made TFA a lot better

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2540 on: January 12, 2018, 09:43:48 PM »

Because plot beats science. Ha, that would have made TFA a lot better
I would have stood and applauded. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2541 on: January 12, 2018, 09:45:46 PM »

I would have stood and applauded. Grin
/snort
It would have bumped TFA above all the prequels too. Disney, we need another everyone dies ending... get on that.

Darkside Points Please

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2542 on: January 12, 2018, 10:02:11 PM »

I just want to know what the science of the SW galaxy's space is, that Leia wasn't instantly dead when she flew out into space.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2543 on: January 12, 2018, 10:03:55 PM »

I just want to know what the science of the SW galaxy's space is, that Leia wasn't instantly dead when she flew out into space.
Bad story continuity.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2544 on: January 12, 2018, 10:05:48 PM »

Bad story continuity.

For me (and many others) it was the perfect opportunity to write her out of the script, as well as provide a catalyst for the Resistance to bring down the First Order.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2545 on: January 12, 2018, 10:11:58 PM »

For me (and many others) it was the perfect opportunity to write her out of the script, as well as provide a catalyst for the Resistance to bring down the First Order.
But.................................she had already filmed the rest of the movie. Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2546 on: January 12, 2018, 11:13:37 PM »

But.................................she had already filmed the rest of the movie. Undecided

I know, but since that was in he script before they started filming, then they could have just used it as a way to kill her.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #2547 on: January 13, 2018, 05:11:13 PM »

I know, but since that was in he script before they started filming, then they could have just used it as a way to kill her.

Yep, because now they have to use stock footage, CGI, or some plot device back story for Episode IX to either have her appear and die, or explain her death and absence in the time between the end of VIII and the beginning of IX.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #2548 on: January 13, 2018, 09:38:37 PM »

Real research has indicated that one would not instantly die in the vacuum of space. And more than one person has survived depressurization in space, however, they were back in within a minute, not seconds. I had a problem with how it felt in the film, but the science mixed with fantasy is plausible that one could use the Force to stay alive and move around, if one could focus. The look on her face made it clear she felt what was coming before the explosion. If one interprets her eyes closed floating in space as meditation, not unconsciousness, it makes better sense.

An episode of Rebels had Kanan able to survive longer than Leia, but I was disappointed that he didn't even try to use the Force to move, jumping on things instead while they got the vectors wrong.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Jon Solo
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

I would like to be neutral in my points please.

« Reply #2549 on: January 13, 2018, 10:29:49 PM »

/snort
It would have bumped TFA above all the prequels too. Disney, we need another everyone dies ending... get on that.

Lol dark side points for this

Avatar supplied by the great DarthScrub

Current Sabers:
Dark Sentinel v4 - Adegan Silver
Dominix LE V4 - Arctic Blue
Consular (the professor) - emerald driver with obsidian sound v4

Wishlist:
Consular (achieved)
Guardian
Lost Gray
Fulcrum
Crimson Reaper