Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 946180 times)
kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2013, 03:03:34 PM »

I would argue that Obi-Wan's claim is made solid in that, unlike Palpatine's promise, a Jedi with proper training can truly transcend death.  The Sith to use the Force to their ends - a Jedi who transcends death as Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Qui-Gon do becomes one with the Force, a much deeper bond.

Anakin might have been capable of their level of power - had he been undamaged physically.  But the injuries he suffered placed him into the armor, which hindered his power greatly.  While still powerful, he was a shadow of what he could have been.

You're also assuming that Palpatine taught him everything...  Palpatine may have quite deliberately held back.

I really believe he did just that.  While other Sith going back to Bane held to the Rule of Two, Sidious did not.  Sidious never intended to train an apprentice to such a degree that they could usurp him, something that was a key tenet to the Rule of Two.  Sidious intended to rule the galaxy for all time.  His "apprentices" were really just enforcers for his will.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2013, 03:07:40 PM »

hahaha! Love the look on the face of the girl in pink!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »

I randomly learned today that a member of the 501st is a professor at my college, and that he apparently regularly attends his classes in his costume.

Why have I not taken his class, and why have I not noticed this?

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #243 on: October 14, 2013, 07:53:31 PM »

Because you have apparently been experiencing fail? Undecided

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2013, 07:07:52 AM »

I randomly learned today that a member of the 501st is a professor at my college, and that he apparently regularly attends his classes in his costume.

Why have I not taken his class, and why have I not noticed this?
What is his costume? I mean, there isn't much in the 501 that isn't Stormtroopers, officers, or Darth Vader. I think it would be hard to miss a guy in a big white plastic suit teaching class. Cheesy maybe you need new contacts. Wink

I saw a woman at an event dressed like Juno Eclipse.  Now if there was a teacher dressed like that, I don't care what she is teaching, I am in that class.

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2013, 12:03:42 PM »

According to the person that told me, He's either a Sandtrooper or a speeder bike Scout Trooper. And that's exactly what I'm thinking. I attend a relatively SMALL campus, so it'd be hard to miss a person dressed as anything Star Wars. Especially where I am located.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2013, 06:24:05 PM »

LOL

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #247 on: October 16, 2013, 06:29:32 PM »

LOL

That is awesome! Cheesy

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #248 on: October 16, 2013, 07:55:23 PM »

Indeed! Hey, It's Big Bass! When did I miss your return to the forum? Welcome back buddy!

I am not a color...

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #249 on: October 17, 2013, 04:55:38 AM »

Indeed! Hey, It's Big Bass! When did I miss your return to the forum? Welcome back buddy!

Yep Iam back haven't posted officially that iam back yet and things are all well at home and my niece is adorable. I will have to get some pic of here on here. Anywhoo end thread derail.  Tongue 

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #250 on: October 17, 2013, 05:58:15 AM »

AWESOME! Yeah, you definitely need to share some pics of the littlest mando. Wink (Bo Katan for her first Halloween, perhaps? lol)

Anyways, yes, back on topic. My random star wars thought: At least one of my many local Wally World's is now out of TCW Season Five. Because I just bought the last one.  Cool

I am not a color...

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #251 on: October 17, 2013, 12:33:01 PM »

AWESOME! Yeah, you definitely need to share some pics of the littlest mando. Wink (Bo Katan for her first Halloween, perhaps? lol)

Anyways, yes, back on topic. My random star wars thought: At least one of my many local Wally World's is now out of TCW Season Five. Because I just bought the last one.  Cool

I should really go about finding it....

Or, I might get the set of all five seasons on Blu-ray. I have seasons 1-4, but only 4 is Blu-ray.

no

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #252 on: October 17, 2013, 09:14:48 PM »

Yeah... I'da bought the boxed set, but all I was missing was seasons one and five... so it just makes more sense to buy the individual sets.

I am not a color...

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #253 on: October 17, 2013, 10:09:57 PM »

I bought tall the episodes on iTunes.

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2013, 12:32:56 AM »

ive only got season three on dvd Sad but a free to air station here that's got all the kids shows has been playing clone wars, and we are currently in season four, so im slowly seeing them all!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: