Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 946183 times)
Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #1545 on: September 09, 2016, 03:32:41 PM »

I don't think the "Anti- Disney" crowd is near large enough to worry Lucasfilm.  Look at the money TFA made...that didn't happen from single viewings.  I get where you're coming from, it's the same way I feel about the DC films.  But at the end of the day you and I as consumers have one recourse...buy or don't buy.  Here is where I am going to get a little blunt, but don't misunderstand, You're all awesome.  If you don't like the direction SW is going... don't watch it.  Don't look it up.  Don't fill up message boards dedicated to TFA with "I Hate Disney!"  Just, Let it Go.....  It's done and whining and groaning about only makes you look sad and bitter.   As I said, I do get it.  I love Superman but the current franchise I absolutely hate...so I don't follow it.  Don't read about it and don't comment about it.  Our time is better spent focusing on things we enjoy than things we don't.  Just my 2 cents.  Like everything take it or leave it my friends. 

Right... I agree with you that nothing we do will here probably make a difference to Disney/Lucasfilm, but is that any reason not to try ? If everyone thought that nothing could be changed by protest what would the world look like today...
I kept my metaphorical mouth shut for around 9 months before I saw a post on the saberforum that hinted at an experience like my own. So I commented on that fact.
Its all very well saying if you don't like a product don't buy it, don't support it etc etc. But star wars isn't just any old product to a lot of people. How can you even have an informed opinion about a movie/book without watching/reading it?
As for whining & groaning. I payed the price to see the movie ( bought the blu-ray to check I wasnt missing something)& that entitles me to say whatever the heck I like about it. What you see as sad & bitter, I see as passionate people speaking their minds about something they love.

The thread is titled Random star wars thoughts. So say whatever you like about any aspect of star wars that comes to mind yes?

You are entitled your opinion. But IMHO you are wrong...

My 2 cents..

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1546 on: September 09, 2016, 03:56:14 PM »

I don't know about the rest of the participants in this discussion, but I'm American. We kind of have a habit of not putting up with dysfunctional governing bodies that don't have the best interests of all in mind. Wink

Fight the power.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

« Reply #1547 on: September 09, 2016, 04:35:19 PM »

I don't know about the rest of the participants in this discussion, but I'm American. We kind of have a habit of not putting up with dysfunctional governing bodies that don't have the best interests of all in mind. Wink

Fight the power.

Well said Lord Logos.

EDIT. Have removed my own post as it probably breaks the rules on politics.
 Smiley

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #1548 on: September 09, 2016, 04:37:08 PM »

Fight the power.

Yep. Amen. All the way.

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1549 on: September 09, 2016, 05:04:01 PM »

Well said Lord Logos.

EDIT. Have removed my own post as it probably breaks the rules on politics.
 Smiley

Yeah, that can be quite tricky. Hang with, kid. We'll sort you out.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1550 on: September 10, 2016, 10:20:05 AM »

My take on the "canon" is this. 

I've been a Star Wars fan since 1977.  I had loads of original toys, and played SW with my friends for countless hours.

I played SWTOR for a solid (hours daily) two years, and filled two servers with all of the different character types. 

I'm in the midst of reading "Darth Plagueis", and intend to get "Revan" next.

I own two OC costumes. A Jedi one, and a Sith one.  ORIGINAL CONCEPT! Meaning that it does not follow canon.  I followed the OR style, but creative licence was mine.

I have a pretty clear image in my alleged mind of how the Star Wars universe is, and Disney's idea of it isn't really even close.

I'm not about to boycott seeing any further instalments though - at this point, that would be silly, but if Disney wants to come along after 40 years, and say that - Darth Plagueis, for example, is no longer considered canon, then they can just kiss the very ugliest part of my ass.  Can't they?

You know who I wouldn't miss?  Jar-Jar Binks.  He can piss right off.

Excuse my rudeness.

Tey-Hor Dak, nice avatar pic. -1

(stomp, stomp, stomp....grumble, grumble...STUPID DISNEY...grumble, grumble)

<<kicks can>>

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1551 on: September 10, 2016, 01:36:18 PM »

In my frustration, I went to ThinkGeek, and re-iterated my passion by purchasing this:

A Vader saber laser pointer. Tongue

I can't afford a full-sized one, so...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

« Reply #1552 on: September 10, 2016, 03:36:33 PM »

I've been a Star Wars fan since 1977.  I had loads of original toys, and played SW with my friends for countless hours.

I played SWTOR for a solid (hours daily) two years, and filled two servers with all of the different character types. 

I own two OC costumes. A Jedi one, and a Sith one.  ORIGINAL CONCEPT! Meaning that it does not follow canon.  I followed the OR style, but creative licence was mine.

I have a pretty clear image in my alleged mind of how the Star Wars universe is, and Disney's idea of it isn't really even close.

I'm not about to boycott seeing any further instalments though - at this point, that would be silly, but if Disney wants to come along after 40 years, and say that - Darth Plagueis, for example, is no longer considered canon, then they can just kiss the very ugliest part of my ass.  Can't they?

Excuse my rudeness.

<<kicks can>>
Well Said Lord Rapine.

I also have a clear view of what I consider to be the Star Wars Universe & see no reason it cant be different for everyone else's experience.( its not like im trying to change 40 years of history lol)

I am also trying to follow a more OC way (gives me a chance to use my imagination a little more). Helps a great deal if you don't have a lot of free cash & are trying to use materials at hand or at least inexpensive.

Thanks for the compliment, but I have to say that most of the credit should go to BROJA DODAL (i'm just the chump in the middle) for his Great Work in creating the concept/poster I shrunk for the avatar. Smiley Points for BROJA DODAL   Grin

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #1553 on: September 10, 2016, 07:36:03 PM »

Excuse my rudeness.

<<kicks can>>

Yeah !!!!

I am not against Disney and i do not dislike Ep. VII but i grow up with an extended universe created by T. Zahn, D. Wolverton, M. Stackpole, D. Karpyshyn ... and many comics authors ...

For now, I am disappointed by the new canon ... mainly because its lack of originality ... maybe it will be better in the future ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #1554 on: September 10, 2016, 09:56:06 PM »

Yeah !!!!

I am not against Disney and i do not dislike Ep. VII but i grow up with an extended universe created by T. Zahn, D. Wolverton, M. Stackpole, D. Karpyshyn ... and many comics authors ...

For now, I am disappointed by the new canon ... mainly because its lack of originality ... maybe it will be better in the future ...

See? This is sorta how I feel. I just dislike the direction it's going in... And I don't think it can be saved.

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1555 on: September 11, 2016, 12:09:37 AM »

See? This is sorta how I feel. I just dislike the direction it's going in... And I don't think it can be saved.

I think the same ... but i still hope that i am wrong Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #1556 on: September 11, 2016, 12:11:12 AM »

I think the same ... but i still hope that i am wrong Wink

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but I just don't think it's happening...

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1557 on: September 12, 2016, 05:58:32 PM »

Yeah !!!!

Precisely. They can't even come up with anything original. Kylo Ren is simply a re-hash of Darth Caedus and the First Order is a suckier version of the New Order. Starkiller Base ripped off TFU, and was just a lame Deathstar. I don't know much about Jaina, but I fear that Rey will suspiciously take on more of her attributes.

Plus the million and one pieces of Abrams BS that were left in. How do you have A BB unit that's "one of a kind"? If he was one of kind, wouldn't he be BB-1? Or would that have been to close to OB-1?  Roll Eyes Or all the random bits of junk were left on the Falcon for 35 years. I'm fairly certain Luke would have taken the remote to practice with, and then later for his new students to train with. And if they don't explain how Maz got her hands on the Flex, we riot.

This is what we do. Disney shelled out $4B for SW. We pool our resources to come up with $10B (just to be on the safe side) and buy it back. We do a proper renovation of the original timeline, and get back to the epic goodness that we all know and love. I think we can easily work around Ford not wanting to do Solo any more.  Tongue Whatever.

Sig by For Tyeth

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1558 on: September 12, 2016, 06:48:31 PM »

Precisely. They can't even come up with anything original. Kylo Ren is simply a re-hash of Darth Caedus and the First Order is a suckier version of the New Order. Starkiller Base ripped off TFU, and was just a lame Deathstar. I don't know much about Jaina, but I fear that Rey will suspiciously take on more of her attributes.

There is also the lack of originality about the script ...

Even the dialogues are almost the same

Governor Tarkin: Princess Leia, before your execution, I'd like you to join me for a ceremony that will make this battle station operational. No star system will dare oppose the Emperor now.
Princess Leia Organa: The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.
Governor Tarkin: Not after we demonstrate the capabilities of this station.

General Hux:  This fierce machine which you have built, upon which we stand will bring an end to the Senate, to their cherished fleet. All remaining systems will bow to the First Order and will remember this as the last day of the Republic!

Plus the million and one pieces of Abrams BS that were left in. How do you have A BB unit that's "one of a kind"? If he was one of kind, wouldn't he be BB-1? Or would that have been to close to OB-1?  Roll Eyes Or all the random bits of junk were left on the Falcon for 35 years. I'm fairly certain Luke would have taken the remote to practice with, and then later for his new students to train with. And if they don't explain how Maz got her hands on the Flex, we riot.

That is just poor and useless fan-service ...

Iram
Knight Commander

« Reply #1559 on: September 12, 2016, 10:04:43 PM »

There is also the lack of originality about the script ...

Even the dialogues are almost the same

Governor Tarkin: Princess Leia, before your execution, I'd like you to join me for a ceremony that will make this battle station operational. No star system will dare oppose the Emperor now.
Princess Leia Organa: The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.
Governor Tarkin: Not after we demonstrate the capabilities of this station.

General Hux:  This fierce machine which you have built, upon which we stand will bring an end to the Senate, to their cherished fleet. All remaining systems will bow to the First Order and will remember this as the last day of the Republic!

That is just poor and useless fan-service ...

lol. I watched this awesome video that roasted JJ Abrams (nothing against the guy, I like him enough, but he has problems) lack of originality. Not just in TFA. In other movies too, like Star Trek. It was a very well made video, that talked about the cycle of making movies -changing, copying and creating- and it pointed out how all JJ ever does is copy things and tweak them. It was a hilarious and informative video.

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: