Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 542   Go Down
Author Topic: Whatchya Listening to or Watching?  (Read 1139595 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3345 on: September 23, 2016, 03:14:44 PM »

Prodigy, as I can remember, only had one hit here in the states, Smack my B**** Up.
So, they are, or were, popular overseas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpjnzxtZ6Qg   This is a little earlier I think. Check out the almost Sith costumes these guys are wearing  Cool
It says this video is blocked from viewing in my country

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3346 on: September 23, 2016, 03:16:38 PM »

Prodigy, as I can remember, only had one hit here in the states, Smack my B**** Up.
So, they are, or were, popular overseas?
They were massive worldwide and are still popular on the festival scene to this day.

*edit* . They sold over 30 million records worldwide and have won numerous music awards during their career, including two Brit Awards for Best British Dance Act, three MTV Video Music Awards, two Kerrang! Awards, five MTV Europe Music Awards, and two Grammy Awards nominations

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #3347 on: September 23, 2016, 03:18:49 PM »

They were massive worldwide and are still popular on the festival scene to this day.

*edit* . They sold over 30 million records worldwide and have won numerous music awards during their career, including two Brit Awards for Best British Dance Act, three MTV Video Music Awards, two Kerrang! Awards, five MTV Europe Music Awards, and two Grammy Awards nominations
What he said lol Massive here in uk

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3348 on: September 23, 2016, 03:19:53 PM »

What he said lol Massive here in uk
And Europe, Japan and Australia too I believe

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

« Reply #3349 on: September 23, 2016, 03:21:26 PM »

Really smack my ***** up ?
Not one of my favorites of theirs

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

« Reply #3350 on: September 23, 2016, 03:22:41 PM »

Im getting no work done think I best shut up for a bit!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3351 on: September 23, 2016, 03:22:57 PM »

Haha! I just read your edit from Wikipedia! Yeah they weren't big here. Some people might even place the one hit wonder tag on them, HERE, I can't emphasize that enough. I'm glad they don't have that dirty label attached to them worldwide, so cool

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3352 on: September 23, 2016, 03:23:16 PM »

Really smack my ***** up ?
Not one of my favorites of theirs
It's ok. But i agree. So many, far better tracks from them to be enjoyed.
Smack video was fun to watch though.

Haha! I just read your edit from Wikipedia! Yeah they weren't big here. Some people might even place the one hit wonder tag on them, HERE, I can't emphasize that enough. I'm glad they don't have that dirty label attached to them worldwide, so cool
You guys have missed out on so much awesomeness.
Is EDM popular in America?

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3353 on: September 23, 2016, 03:25:39 PM »

I'm thinking it was the controversy surrounding the lyrics, and here in the states, you can't come out of a bathroom without someone thinking it offensive. Controversy sells. I think firestarter might have been bigger, but I could be wrong. Smack I think gave them notoriety

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3354 on: September 23, 2016, 03:27:18 PM »

You guys have missed out on so much awesomeness.
Is EDM popular in America?

It is. Huge in the club scene. My sisters girlfriend is really into it. So yeah, it is a thing, doesn't seem to be a fad

Sorry for the double post

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3355 on: September 23, 2016, 03:31:30 PM »

I'm thinking it was the controversy surrounding the lyrics, and here in the states, you can't come out of a bathroom without someone thinking it offensive. Controversy sells. I think firestarter might have been bigger, but I could be wrong. Smack I think gave them notoriety
The Smack video was controversial in the UK for it's depiction of drug taking. But, the group were already massively popular by then so their fans loved it and that whole album gained them even more fans.

It is. Huge in the club scene. My sisters girlfriend is really into it. So yeah, it is a thing, doesn't seem to be a fad

Sorry for the double post
It's funny, as most Americans I speak to usually talk about rock and/or heavy metal in music terms. Never heard them mention EDM. Or hip-hop, soul, rnb, bashment, reggaeton or any other great types of music.

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

« Reply #3356 on: September 23, 2016, 03:37:22 PM »

On that note what you could probably call a novelty song from oh yeah the shamen again
https://g.co/kgs/GlExWt
Oblivious parents & smirking younglings comes to mind

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3357 on: September 23, 2016, 03:54:47 PM »

It's funny, as most Americans I speak to usually talk about rock and/or heavy metal in music terms. Never heard them mention EDM. Or hip-hop, soul, rnb, bashment, reggaeton or any other great types of music.

And I find this funny, cuz rock is a dying genre here. Everything is hip hop, top 40, bubblegum pop centric. This is not a racial comment, but hip hop is just as big in the white communities as it is in the black communities. Latin hip hop has its place. There aren't many rock stations out there anymore. Songs that do get played often get filtered out into mainstream, stripping them of rock affiliation, and putting them into top 40. I love rock, it's what I listen to. I loved rap, early hip hop, but the beauty of the early stages is gone, given way to lazy writing, fake senses of reality, and just trying to make a buck via catchy songs with few lyrics and a dance to go with it

Edit: should be in the venting as well, but Drake is considered a great artist. If auto tune makes you a great singer, please, choke me. No one writes their own music, hardly anyone. It's written for them to make a buck

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

« Reply #3358 on: September 23, 2016, 04:24:31 PM »

And I find this funny, cuz rock is a dying genre here. Everything is hip hop, top 40, bubblegum pop centric. This is not a racial comment, but hip hop is just as big in the white communities as it is in the black communities. Latin hip hop has its place. There aren't many rock stations out there anymore. Songs that do get played often get filtered out into mainstream, stripping them of rock affiliation, and putting them into top 40. I love rock, it's what I listen to. I loved rap, early hip hop, but the beauty of the early stages is gone, given way to lazy writing, fake senses of reality, and just trying to make a buck via catchy songs with few lyrics and a dance to go with it

Edit: should be in the venting as well, but Drake is considered a great artist. If auto tune makes you a great singer, please, choke me. No one writes their own music, hardly anyone. It's written for them to make a buck

You are absolutly right ££$$€€¥¥ etc etc

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #3359 on: September 23, 2016, 05:35:25 PM »

Wow I called Move Any Mountain a page or two back. I like this forum it reinforces my taste in music as being good!

The Prodigy were (are) massive but I think they do focus more on festivals than full touring and studio cycles. Speaking of cycles, Keith Flint now owns and runs a British Superbikes racing team (sort of like the AMA Superbikes in the US) so may be a bit more busy for music.

Back to my Youtube back catalogue!

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 542   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: