Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 542   Go Down
Author Topic: Whatchya Listening to or Watching?  (Read 1139761 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3705 on: January 30, 2017, 08:36:55 PM »

watching the episode of Stargate SG-1 where Daniel Jackson dies ascends to a higher plane of existence to join The Ancients (spoiler alert!). Great episode and still gives me the feels

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3706 on: January 30, 2017, 08:51:42 PM »

Right now, I am currently working on the lead guitar section of "Laid to Rest" by Lamb of God.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3707 on: January 30, 2017, 08:54:07 PM »

Right now, I am currently working on the lead guitar section of "Laid to Rest" by Lamb of God.
Mmm! Lamb. Too bad I just had chicken for dinner.

You ever upload any of your stuff onto soundcloud?

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3708 on: January 31, 2017, 03:54:23 AM »

Superman 2. Didn't like the original, so going in expecting it to be bad.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #3709 on: January 31, 2017, 03:58:27 AM »

Superman 2. Didn't like the original, so going in expecting it to be bad.

HOWCOULDYOUNOTLIKETHEORIGINAL

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3710 on: January 31, 2017, 04:02:02 AM »

Mainly cause I don't like Superman, but I want to watch all his previous movies before MoS and BvS

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3711 on: January 31, 2017, 04:06:12 AM »

Kids today. Not respect for the classics

Mainly cause I don't like Superman, but I want to watch all his previous movies before MoS and BvS
If you don't like the character, why are you watching his movies?

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3712 on: January 31, 2017, 04:08:11 AM »

Kids today. Not respect for the classics
If you don't like the character, why are you watching his movies?

Would you recommend just skipping to the newer ones? I want to see those.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3713 on: January 31, 2017, 04:14:32 AM »

Would you recommend just skipping to the newer ones? I want to see those.
If you didn't like the 1978 version then chances are you probably won't like any of the other Christopher Reeve movies (although number 2 is arguably better than the first). Superman Returns with Brandon Routh (The Atom from Legends of Tomorrow) wasn't awful, but nowhere near as good as it could have been.

Personally, if you don't like the character and just want to see the modern movies (MoS and BvS), then just watch the modern movies. I suspect you will like them given your need for action in your movies

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3714 on: January 31, 2017, 04:22:34 AM »

If you didn't like the 1978 version then chances are you probably won't like any of the other Christopher Reeve movies (although number 2 is arguably better than the first). Superman Returns with Brandon Routh (The Atom from Legends of Tomorrow) wasn't awful, but nowhere near as good as it could have been.

Personally, if you don't like the character and just want to see the modern movies (MoS and BvS), then just watch the modern movies. I suspect you will like them given your need for action in your movies

Figured as much. But I have the 2nd rented right now, so I have to watch it. Depending on what I think and your advice I may skip the last two. I want to see Superman returns but not as much as the other newer ones.

That's my problem, I want to watch a few of the older ones before the newer ones. For BvS, that includes older Batman films, which I haven't gotten to yet.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3715 on: January 31, 2017, 04:29:47 AM »

Figured as much. But I have the 2nd rented right now, so I have to watch it. Depending on what I think and your advice I may skip the last two. I want to see Superman returns but not as much as the other newer ones.

That's my problem, I want to watch a few of the older ones before the newer ones. For BvS, that includes older Batman films, which I haven't gotten to yet.
you do realise that the older movies are not part of a contained cinematic universe right?  Grin
You can easily watch the newer movies first and then watch the older movies at a later date and not miss anything

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3716 on: January 31, 2017, 04:34:46 AM »

you do realise that the older movies are not part of a contained cinematic universe right?  Grin
You can easily watch the newer movies first and then watch the older movies at a later date and not miss anything

Yeah I know. Just sort of wanting to see how the characters developed.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3717 on: January 31, 2017, 04:38:25 AM »

Yeah I know. Just sort of wanting to see how the characters developed.
as they are not connected it's not a case of the character "developing". As i said, they are all standalone movies and are not continuations of the previous incarnation. It's not like the MCU in any way. But, it's up to you if that's the way you want to view them. Will be interesting to see why you don't like the character and if that changes because of any of the movies

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3718 on: January 31, 2017, 04:51:57 AM »

as they are not connected it's not a case of the character "developing". As i said, they are all standalone movies and are not continuations of the previous incarnation. It's not like the MCU in any way. But, it's up to you if that's the way you want to view them. Will be interesting to see why you don't like the character and if that changes because of any of the movies

That's not exactly what I mean. Like how the characters developed over the years and through multiple movies. Unless they don't change. For example Batman in the old cartoon vs Batman in the Dark Knight trilogy.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #3719 on: January 31, 2017, 07:27:28 AM »

That's not exactly what I mean. Like how the characters developed over the years and through multiple movies. Unless they don't change. For example Batman in the old cartoon vs Batman in the Dark Knight trilogy.

Like the character's cinematic history? If you really want to get into Superman's media history, I highly recommend the Max Fleischer cartoons.

SUPERMAN 1 and 2 are the only ones really worth it btw, and make sure to watch both cuts of SUPERMAN 2 (I prefer the Richard Donner cut). SUPERMAN RETURNS is something you happen to catch on TV but don't go out of your way for and 3 and 4 are for lazy weekends when you have nothing else to do. MAN OF STEEL is for when you want something bold and mostly misguided that's ultimately a misfire but full of enough interesting stuff to be worth your time then BVS happens and you hate life.

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 542   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: