Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 542   Go Down
Author Topic: Whatchya Listening to or Watching?  (Read 1139631 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #4095 on: February 25, 2017, 11:04:18 PM »

You weren't kidding. That was like eating an entire sleeve of crackers with no water.

I am in luck though, Grindhouse is on.  Cool
Tarantino/Rodriguez Grindhouse? That's definitely far more palatable

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #4096 on: February 25, 2017, 11:55:43 PM »

Hail on the roof of my house, by Mother Nature.

But I'm about to go sword practice, which means at least an hour of Kodo.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #4097 on: February 26, 2017, 12:39:12 AM »

Tarantino/Rodriguez Grindhouse? That's definitely far more palatable

That's what I'm talking about! Plant my a$$ there for a solid 4 hours when there's a back to back double feature

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #4098 on: February 26, 2017, 04:47:43 PM »

Suicide Sqaud, and I'm thinking GotG later.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4099 on: February 26, 2017, 04:53:11 PM »

Just finished watching England win a (much closer than I expected) match in the 6 Nations against Italy. Collider Mailbag on Youtube to be followed by last episode of Buffy season 6 and then waiting for the missus to come round so we can watch Secretary.

*edit* Apparently we are having a sensual double bill this evening - Secretary and Interview with the Vampire. I have no problems with that.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4100 on: February 26, 2017, 05:20:48 PM »

MJ, and I are watching through the special features on X-Men: Apocalypse, and are left truly baffled as to why they chose to cut some of this stuff out.

I mean, there is an entire sequence where the new kids go to the mall, a scene that really characterizes each of them, but instead we got a truncated version because of "time."

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4101 on: February 26, 2017, 05:24:42 PM »

MJ, and I are watching through the special features on X-Men: Apocalypse, and are left truly baffled as to why they chose to cut some of this stuff out.

I mean, there is an entire sequence where the new kids go to the mall, a scene that really characterizes each of them, but instead we got a truncated version because of "time."
I had heard about the cut scenes, especially the bit in the mall. Does it really have some great Jubilee stuff in it?

I would have LOVED to have seen the mutants just out in the world doing normal everyday stuff. Especially with Nightcrawler.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4102 on: February 26, 2017, 05:42:58 PM »

I had heard about the cut scenes, especially the bit in the mall. Does it really have some great Jubilee stuff in it?

I would have LOVED to have seen the mutants just out in the world doing normal everyday stuff. Especially with Nightcrawler.

Jubilee gets a moment when they run out of quarters in the arcade, and then uses her powers on the machine.

But it is Nightcrawler that gets the most to do, in that same arcade he's seen playing one game, and then a separate game with his tail. As well as experiencing his first brain freeze.  Cheesy

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4103 on: February 26, 2017, 05:44:12 PM »

Jubilee gets a moment when they run out of quarters in the arcade, and then uses her powers on the machine.

But it is Nightcrawler that get the most to do, in that same arcade he's seen playing one game, and then a separate game with his tail. As well as experiencing his first brain freeze.  Cheesy
WHY ON EARTH did they cut this? That sounds as fun as the scene at the beginning of X2 when they are on the field trip to the museum. Ah well.

Just finished watching England win a (much closer than I expected) match in the 6 Nations against Italy. Collider Mailbag on Youtube to be followed by last episode of Buffy season 6 and then waiting for the missus to come round so we can watch Secretary.

*edit* Apparently we are having a sensual double bill this evening - Secretary and Interview with the Vampire. I have no problems with that.

*re-edit from earlier* Just discovered that one of the streaming services I have will be showing the Oscars live. So now, we are still watching Secretary and then shall watch the (interesting parts) of the Oscars.

JayMeezy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -17

Darkside points

« Reply #4104 on: February 26, 2017, 07:15:39 PM »

I'm finishing season 3 of The 100. Awesome show if you guys haven't seen it.

The Jedi seek to take away your humanity; the sith simply show you how to control it.

Sabers:
The Malice: BR, FoC Silver, Obsidian v4 Sound, Red Illuminated Switch, large claws
The Chosen One SE: BR, FoC Silver, Obsidian v4 Sound
Dark Initiate LE v4(main hand. Built from empty hilt): VA, FoC Silver, NB v3 sound, VA illuminated 12mm Switch
Dark Initiate LE v3 (off hand): VA
Initiate v2: BR

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4105 on: February 26, 2017, 07:17:32 PM »

Is that the season with the VR in it?

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4106 on: February 26, 2017, 07:20:19 PM »

The 100 has been sitting in my Netflix queue for some time now, and the only reason I never started watching it was because it reminded me too much of The Hunger Games.

I'm interested by the fact that it seems more geared toward sci-fi, than young teen drama. Can you sell me on it?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4107 on: February 26, 2017, 07:25:46 PM »

The 100 has been sitting in my Netflix queue for some time now, and the only reason I never started watching it was because it reminded me too much of The Hunger Games.

I'm interested by the fact that it seems more geared toward sci-fi, than young teen drama. Can you sell me on it?
100 times better than the Hunger Games and has nothing in common apart from it is in the future. I would say it has more in common with Mad Max (various groups of humans who are now tribes, rather than gangs), with a touch of Lord of the Flies.

So, we had various inhabited space stations who come together to form a single community as a result of an apocalyptic nuclear world war on Earth. 100 years later (because of reasons) 100 young adults are sent back to the surface. Once down they discover that mankind isn't extinct on the surface and they must learn to survive in this new environment, learn the rules of the various tribes they encounter and devise a way to contact the space station so that the remaining people up there can land.

That's basically season 1. I won't say any more than that, but it's definitely worth a watch.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4108 on: February 26, 2017, 07:28:28 PM »

100 times better than the Hunger Games and has nothing in common apart from it is in the future. I would say it has more in common with Mad Max (various groups of humans who are now tribes, rather than gangs), with a touch of Lord of the Flies.

So, we had various inhabited space stations who come together to form a single community as a result of an apocalyptic nuclear world war on Earth. 100 years later (because of reasons) 100 young adults are sent back to the surface. Once down they discover that mankind isn't extinct on the surface and they must learn to survive in this new environment, learn the rules of the various tribes they encounter and devise a way to contact the space station so that the remaining people up there can land.

That's basically season 1. I won't say any more than that, but it's definitely worth a watch.

I'll start in on it tonight.

JayMeezy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -17

Darkside points

« Reply #4109 on: February 26, 2017, 07:34:44 PM »

Agreed. It's nothing like Hunger Games. Mad Max is a good comparison...just with a huge sci-fi twist.

Is that the season with the VR in it?

Yep. On pt2 of the season finale now.

The Jedi seek to take away your humanity; the sith simply show you how to control it.

Sabers:
The Malice: BR, FoC Silver, Obsidian v4 Sound, Red Illuminated Switch, large claws
The Chosen One SE: BR, FoC Silver, Obsidian v4 Sound
Dark Initiate LE v4(main hand. Built from empty hilt): VA, FoC Silver, NB v3 sound, VA illuminated 12mm Switch
Dark Initiate LE v3 (off hand): VA
Initiate v2: BR

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 542   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: