Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 542   Go Down
Author Topic: Whatchya Listening to or Watching?  (Read 1139779 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #4305 on: March 17, 2017, 09:29:06 PM »

Ok. Almost at the end of episode 2 of Iron Fist and what I can say is this....remember in Batman Begins when Bruce Wayne comes back to Gotham after his 7 year absence? Alfred comes and picks him up, he has a shower, shave and grabs a new suit, and then takes a trip to Wayne Enterprises where everyone instantly recognises him. Imagine, instead of that, he disappeared at 10 years old and no-one recognises him as an adult. He has no living family and no kindly old butler. Because he was a kid (and rich) he has no fingerprints or DNA on file. How would he prove he is who he says he is? (especially showing up without shoes and looking homeless).

I am finding this take on the character (so far) very interesting. Yes, there hasn't been any great fight scenes yet, but it is definitely more of a character study. And using that initial premise as a foundation for the character, I am (for the moment) enjoying the show. Let's see if that lasts.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4306 on: March 17, 2017, 11:00:39 PM »

Onto episode 4 of Iron Fist. Always nice to see Carrie Anne-Moss. Nice tie-in with the other Netflix shows. Really cannot understand all the hate this show has been getting from the critics. Maybe it's because my expectations were low going in. But I am really enjoying the show. It is not without fault and is by no means perfect. But it's more about the characters than superpowers and kicking ass.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4307 on: March 18, 2017, 12:05:31 AM »

Iron Fist is not perfect. It's not as gritty as Daredevil or Jessica Jones. Nor does it have the coolness or social commentary/relevance of Luke Cage. But it does have it's place in the Marvel Netflix-verse and is doing a decent job of pulling together the plot threads from the other three shows as we edge closer to The Defenders.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #4308 on: March 18, 2017, 01:42:27 AM »

Onto episode 4 of Iron Fist. Always nice to see Carrie Anne-Moss. Nice tie-in with the other Netflix shows. Really cannot understand all the hate this show has been getting from the critics. Maybe it's because my expectations were low going in. But I am really enjoying the show. It is not without fault and is by no means perfect. But it's more about the characters than superpowers and kicking ass.

Those characters didn't even act like normal human beings though (which is why I tapped out). That Monopoly scene in the beginning was straight up embarrassing; the kind of "on-the-nose" setting up that gets you laughed at in the writer's room.

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #4309 on: March 18, 2017, 04:43:06 AM »

Just finished Scott Pilgrim vs the World. Didn't like it at all. Now onto the Flash.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #4310 on: March 18, 2017, 05:56:28 AM »

Just finished Scott Pilgrim vs the World. Didn't like it at all. Now onto the Flash.

Watch it again when you're 22.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4311 on: March 18, 2017, 06:14:55 AM »

a new Kingdom Of Giants song. Its pretty good I think =]

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edbwobZfCGU&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=edbwobZfCGU&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4312 on: March 18, 2017, 11:40:21 AM »

Then there is no hope fopr you! lol

Can you elaborate on what you didn't like about it? The humour? The story? The fighting? The effects?

Watch it again when you're 22.
Hmm, maybe. I would have a thought the movie would already be enjoyable for someone his age. But, that just goes to show what an under-appreciated movie it is and why it is a cult classic rather than the bpx office hit it deserved to be.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4313 on: March 18, 2017, 12:55:00 PM »

Metallica - Creeping Death

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXWq3f01e2U" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXWq3f01e2U</a>

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #4314 on: March 18, 2017, 04:46:48 PM »

Hmm, maybe. I would have a thought the movie would already be enjoyable for someone his age. But, that just goes to show what an under-appreciated movie it is and why it is a cult classic rather than the bpx office hit it deserved to be.

It's worth a shot. I did see it for the first time mid-college, but it hit much harder for me when I watched it again recently. Sometimes you just need life experience to fully get a movie.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4315 on: March 18, 2017, 04:53:30 PM »

All caught up on Rugby, now MJ and I are ready to start Iron Fist.

Glad to see you're enjoying it so far Knox.  Smiley

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4316 on: March 18, 2017, 04:55:53 PM »

It's worth a shot. I did see it for the first time mid-college, but it hit much harder for me when I watched it again recently. Sometimes you just need life experience to fully get a movie.
I was just about in my 30s when it came out so I got all the geeky and pop culture references. Plus it is very much my sense of humour.

All caught up on Rugby, now MJ and I are ready to start Iron Fist.

Glad to see you're enjoying it so far Knox.  Smiley
France vs Wales hasn't finished yet and England vs Ireland will be happening later too. Final day of the 6 Nations has been a bit of a damp squib so far (partly because of the weather in the Scotland game and the French game has just been too scrappy to be enjoyable).

I lasted up to ep. 7 with Iron Fist then had to go to bed. Planning of watching the remaining 6 episodes this evening.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4317 on: March 18, 2017, 05:13:58 PM »

France vs Wales hasn't finished yet and England vs Ireland will be happening later too. Final day of the 6 Nations has been a bit of a damp squib so far (partly because of the weather in the Scotland game and the French game has just been too scrappy to be enjoyable). 

I'm more than a few hours behind you, those games are just now recording over here.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4318 on: March 18, 2017, 05:16:49 PM »

I'm more than a few hours behind you, those games are just now recording over here.
Ah. I thought they showed them live. My bad. I'm currently watching Ireland vs England. History books and world records are on the line for England.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4319 on: March 18, 2017, 11:32:29 PM »

Ep. 12 of Iron Fist.

Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 542   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: