Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1497654 times)
Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #2265 on: January 15, 2014, 07:05:24 AM »

Ahhhh!!!! I'm having a total brain overload!! I just had the most brilliant Idea! I'm currently looking into the possibility of making… wait for it… I BLACK light saber blade. Thats right, black core with whit edges! I know, I know. Everyone has thought this would be cool at one point. But think it might actually be possible. It hit me out of the blue, completely "outside the box" Idea. I can't even articulate my thoughts right now! I'm frantically working out the details in my head. I'll get back to you on the reality of my crazy ideas. 

Also, I'd love to hear your input (whoever you might be)

First of all:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=8539.0

Second:
This is how I would do it...
You'd need the inside of the blade to be totally matte black. So that polyfibrecarbon-whatever film in the blades? Black, just black as black can be.
Then the outside blade, the actual blade itself, has to be made of some plastic that is both durable and has a high (or low, I can't remember) refractive index. That way, the edge of the blade will shine , while the "core" will remain black.

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Jedi_Dragonrider
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

"The Force is strong with this one!"

« Reply #2266 on: January 15, 2014, 07:45:42 AM »

First of all:

Second:
This is how I would do it...
You'd need the inside of the blade to be totally matte black. So that polyfibrecarbon-whatever film in the blades? Black, just black as black can be.
Then the outside blade, the actual blade itself, has to be made of some plastic that is both durable and has a high (or low, I can't remember) refractive index. That way, the edge of the blade will shine , while the "core" will remain black.

Thanks. I didn't know hat existed. However, not what I'm thinking. I think I can actually make a blade that has a black core and white "glow" from every angle… I think it can be done. also, you're on the right track. There needs to be high refraction from the inside or core, and a low refraction from the outside. I don't think Matte black is the way to go.  I think we're looking at it backwards, instead of the light going "around" the core it needs to go through it and be refracted BACK along the outside.

I need a parabolic mirror and a 2 mirrored lenses. One that is 100% reflective and the other being 90-95% reflective as well as a vacu…. no wait that the start to a laser… although...

give me points based or YOUR alignment, pleases.

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2267 on: January 15, 2014, 08:47:28 AM »

I would love to see sabers in a grey or charcoal anodized ... Like they have the azure and crimson colored sabers maybe a dark grey charcoal "smoke" anodized sabers ... I really enjoy that color tone, looks industrial and the middle between dark and light ...

I agree 100%!
Personally, I don't care for the colorful anodizing. Gray with "Dark LE" style silver grooves would be amazing.

As far as the brass knuckles aspect of my prior suggestion, I mean a hand guard with finger holes or just bent in to resemble them down the length of the guard. I didn't really consider it before but actual holes might mess someone's hand up in a duel. Personally I'd like a straight or curved D-shaped hand guard.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #2268 on: January 15, 2014, 06:45:29 PM »

Ahhhh!!!! I'm having a total brain overload!! I just had the most brilliant Idea! I'm currently looking into the possibility of making… wait for it… I BLACK light saber blade. Thats right, black core with whit edges! I know, I know. Everyone has thought this would be cool at one point. But think it might actually be possible. It hit me out of the blue, completely "outside the box" Idea. I can't even articulate my thoughts right now! I'm frantically working out the details in my head. I'll get back to you on the reality of my crazy ideas. 

Also, I'd love to hear your input (whoever you might be)

We would all love to hear your idea, but please keep black sabre discussion in its containment thread (and it may be advisable to make sure that nobody has brought up the idea already).

no

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #2269 on: January 15, 2014, 06:52:23 PM »

Thanks. I didn't know hat existed. However, not what I'm thinking. I think I can actually make a blade that has a black core and white "glow" from every angle… I think it can be done. also, you're on the right track. There needs to be high refraction from the inside or core, and a low refraction from the outside. I don't think Matte black is the way to go.  I think we're looking at it backwards, instead of the light going "around" the core it needs to go through it and be refracted BACK along the outside.

I need a parabolic mirror and a 2 mirrored lenses. One that is 100% reflective and the other being 90-95% reflective as well as a vacu…. no wait that the start to a laser… although...

We would all love to hear your idea, but please keep black sabre discussion in its containment thread (and it may be advisable to make sure that nobody has brought up the idea already).

Agreed...and mirrors...mirrors make it hard to dual with the sabers, seven years of bad luck and all  Roll Eyes

Light side points please Smiley

Jedi_Dragonrider
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

"The Force is strong with this one!"

« Reply #2270 on: January 15, 2014, 10:19:25 PM »

Agreed...and mirrors...mirrors make it hard to dual with the sabers, seven years of bad luck and all  Roll Eyes

Mirrored surface, yes. Glass, no. IDK if will work. Trial and error can be so expensive  Angry

give me points based or YOUR alignment, pleases.

ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

For knowledge & defense only, never for attack

« Reply #2271 on: January 16, 2014, 02:48:41 AM »

Wow!  I didn't know they used to make a tonfa!  Any idea why it was cancelled?  Probably poor sales, I would guess.  Would anyone out there have a pic to post?  I'd love to see it.

It's an energy field created by all living things.  It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.  And I need those light side points!!!
Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #2272 on: January 16, 2014, 06:09:29 AM »

Wow!  I didn't know they used to make a tonfa!  Any idea why it was cancelled?  Probably poor sales, I would guess.  Would anyone out there have a pic to post?  I'd love to see it.

It's in the history thread.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=919.0

no

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2273 on: January 16, 2014, 07:46:49 AM »

Some more personal icons for Star Wars. Maybe some Anakin, younger Obi-wan, etc. More Vader for sure. Just a thought. We need more Star Wars icons.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2274 on: January 17, 2014, 07:52:39 PM »

V2's of Vegabond, Oppressor, Redemption, and Rattlesnake returns please? I'd go fore a Vegabond for sure.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

fandoman
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2275 on: January 19, 2014, 01:18:02 AM »

I'm pretty sure this has already been suggested, but I would love to see Ultra Sabers release a saber similar to Count Dooku's or Asajj Ventress's.  I think the curved hilt would provide a more elegant way to approach dueling in addition to looking incredible.

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #2276 on: January 19, 2014, 01:20:51 AM »

LOL, if we had a dollar for every request for a curved hilt, then we would probably have enough to buy a saber or two.

Light side points please

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #2277 on: January 19, 2014, 01:54:28 AM »

I love how it's usually prefaced with " it's probably been mentioned but..." Lol I giggle every time!

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #2278 on: January 19, 2014, 03:10:47 AM »

LOL, if we had a dollar for every request for a curved hilt, then we would probably have enough to buy a saber or two.

We would have somewhere over $200, so definitely.

no

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #2279 on: January 19, 2014, 03:32:11 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: