Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1497792 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #2295 on: January 20, 2014, 04:15:41 AM »

I'd like to see custom paint on parts of the hilt, like instead of silver or brass accents we can select they be painted red for sith effect or another color for your choice.

I think that might run up quite a bill with the man-hours it would take. right now the hilts come machined and ready for electronics, if I understand correctly. so any painting would be done in shop and take quite a while. 

Agreed, you would be looking at a minimum of an additional $25-$50 for added details such as this.  Best to do them yourself.

Good thought though  Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #2296 on: January 20, 2014, 05:33:43 AM »

I think that might run up quite a bill with the man-hours it would take. right now the hilts come machined and ready for electronics, if I understand correctly. so any painting would be done in shop and take quite a while. 

Paint would also be far inferior to anodization.

no

Taieer
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #2297 on: January 20, 2014, 03:42:33 PM »

Just thought of this as im browsing the forums on my phone, id love to see a saberforum app

Shock - RGB
Dominix V2 - SY
Custom Guardian - SRD
Standard Issue Staff - SY

LS points please

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2298 on: January 20, 2014, 03:44:48 PM »

If you have an Android - Tapatalk app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity&hl=en

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

BenPass
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #2299 on: January 20, 2014, 03:48:41 PM »

It's also on iOS

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Taieer
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #2300 on: January 20, 2014, 05:20:21 PM »

Haha, I like it! Thanks

Shock - RGB
Dominix V2 - SY
Custom Guardian - SRD
Standard Issue Staff - SY

LS points please

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2301 on: January 21, 2014, 12:01:52 PM »

Premium sabers available as a staff combo at a price that isn't just double the standard single saber price. Something like 15% lower as an incentive to drop more money on it.
And/or premium staff sabers designed as a staff, not just two symmetrical hilts screwed together. They could still separate in the middle for ease of assembly, battery changing, etc but look more like one piece when together.

Similar to the hand guard idea, how about drill/tap for shrouds and offer a handful of different ones? I'd love to see a perforated one... Always thought that would look neat

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #2302 on: January 21, 2014, 12:19:01 PM »

While the topic is still around saber-staffs:
More coupler designs: particularly a "vented" coupler that was less obviously vented.
Scratch that, you [US] already did it and it looks great! Smiley

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Siaxis
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

Make a Use the Force Check: NATURAL 20

« Reply #2303 on: January 21, 2014, 03:34:51 PM »

Staff bag... a pair of matched sabers from grab bag with a basic coupler as part of the price. Who wouldn't want to order this?

This is brilliant.

EDIT: A parts grab bag could be cool as well.  Random hilt, emitter, pommel, etc.  A grab bag with all the parts one needs to assemble a saber. And you assemble it yourself.  Could be really fun.

Power alone has no ambition.  As such, neither does any driving force.  The ambition lies in the wielder, either for great good, or terrible evils.

Liberator v3 in GB.  Initiate v2 in BR

Patrick Cullen, Main Instructor for Pak's Academy Prime Taekwondo, 4th Dan

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2304 on: January 21, 2014, 03:59:27 PM »

Welcome to all our new forumites!

A quick thought to clear up some of the confusion...Grab Bags.

Grab Bag sabers mostly come from overstock (when they get on a tear and make more to be ready for a season/rush and for some reason other models sell instead), scratch and dents (during the process of being in a workshop sometimes a roll off or a stack shifts and you get a scratch or dent), and in some cases a model that is being fazed out or discontinued.

The margin of profit for a grab bag is very small, a few dollars, so the idea of making the grab bags more complex and more valuable means that any profit margin goes right out the window.

When you buy a grab bag, the sabers are already built, tested, and waiting...your order goes through, they make any adjustments to your order as per LED color, saber type, etc., test it, box it, and send it out...maybe 10-15mins at most.  This makes it easy to sore a random gem of a saber, they make a couple bucks, more sabers get out, everyone is happy.

So the idea of making grab bags with matching colors, details, etc. is not likely to happen...the idea of providing grab bags with extra parts to do whatever with without an extra fee is unlikely to happen.

They have kids too, these kids eat lots of food, need school supplies, etc.  So asking for more than the budget centric grab bag already provides is not all that reasonable.

The good news is that all of these requests can be provided through the build your own saber application.  You can get whatever you want (as long as the pieces fit together and they all nearly do so), in whatever arrangement you want, and at a very reasonable price line.  Couple hundred bucks and you can get exactally what you want.

But that said...good ideas and keep them coming!

Cheesy

Now all that said, a small box of random parts...completely random selection...with the guarantee of at least one each...tube, emitter, pommel, etc. of "body" related pieces as another option to the grab bag...this might be fun for those of us with intentions of modifying, converting, or otherwise building sabers could jump on.

The mystery box-o-parts!

Add this to a mundane saber or grab bag order...it could be a box of fun.  Make a couple orders over time, collect the pieces, and after a few times you could have quite the array of potential.

Smiley

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2305 on: January 21, 2014, 04:15:47 PM »

I like the bag o' parts rel. The grab bag staff  could be cool too the only thing id like to see for the grab bag is the option for li-ion but I guess that if you asked and added the aproprate up-charge they would do it

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2306 on: January 21, 2014, 06:55:22 PM »

This is brilliant.

EDIT: A parts grab bag could be cool as well.  Random hilt, emitter, pommel, etc.  A grab bag with all the parts one needs to assemble a saber. And you assemble it yourself.  Could be really fun.

Siaxis and I had like thoughts Cheesy

A parts bag would be fun.

Cheesy

Only issue of course would be those who do not read the distinct and clear warning that these are parts and not a complete saber...perhaps make it a forum purchase only, using a code that we share only here, and do not advertize the potential at the main site.

It woul dbe a random thing anyway, best to just buy the parts you want.  Personally getting a damaged part would not hurt my feelings at all, just modify and move on   Grin

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2307 on: January 22, 2014, 09:49:20 AM »

A parts grab bag could be cool as well.  Random hilt, emitter, pommel, etc.  A grab bag with all the parts one needs to assemble a saber. And you assemble it yourself.  Could be really fun.

The mystery box-o-parts!

Add this to a mundane saber or grab bag order...it could be a box of fun.  Make a couple orders over time, collect the pieces, and after a few times you could have quite the array of potential.

Smiley

Brilliant idea!
Sign me up for a few of these when you start offering them, US.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #2308 on: January 22, 2014, 04:58:24 PM »

Personally getting a damaged part would not hurt my feelings at all, just modify and move on   Grin

It would be great to get a damaged retention screw....

no

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2309 on: January 22, 2014, 05:07:45 PM »

It would be great to get a damaged retention screw....

How very droll...you know I meant a scratch or dented emitter, tube, or other larger bit...silly girl, trix are for kids!

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: