Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496326 times)
Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2880 on: May 13, 2014, 04:57:56 PM »

I wanted to chime in on this one as well.  The Tron: Legacy "lightsabers" were very cool.  It was actually the first time I think anyone actually tried to do a non-SW "lightsaber" and they worked very well.
It would be really cool to be able to get a Tron-esque hilt.

Some kind of accent lighting or EL wire type stuff would be killer so long as it's flush with the hilt and couldn't get damaged or snagged on anything. Like a UltraEdge-type plastic insert around the hilt with lighting underneath.
Hell if I know... I just have ideas, I'm no machinist.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

DArkonnen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

Thanks for the memories. 1959-2014

« Reply #2881 on: May 13, 2014, 05:35:31 PM »

Some kind of accent lighting or EL wire type stuff would be killer so long as it's flush with the hilt and couldn't get damaged or snagged on anything. Like a UltraEdge-type plastic insert around the hilt with lighting underneath.
Hell if I know... I just have ideas, I'm no machinist.

Yeah. Some kind of light piping would be fantastic. It'd be so cool to somehow route some of the LED's output along the length of the hilt. Maybe even use a PVC shroud for the entire hilt since all of the gear and equipment in Tron: Legacy had the appearance of plastic/rubber.

"You've got no chance, User. Their bikes are faster than ours; use the levels!"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 05:43:52 PM by DArkonnen » Logged

Graflex SE in Arctic Blue (UltraEdge) - Lord Vane's Luke ESB v.2 sound font

The Chosen One SE in Blazing Red (Midgrade) - Lord Vane's Darth Vader sound font (Vader breathing idle)

drtdgr2
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 36

~Lightside Points Preferred~

« Reply #2882 on: May 13, 2014, 05:39:08 PM »

I like that idea too! But they have to be careful about copyright issues with tron...

“I am one with the force, the force is with me."

Prophecy V3- Adegan Silver with Color Discs
Consular - Consular Green
Manticore - Blue Violet Amethyst / Silver FoC
Dorinian - Guardian Blue / Arctic Blue FoC

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #2883 on: May 13, 2014, 05:43:52 PM »

Yeah. Some kind of light piping would be fantastic. It'd be so cool to somehow route some of the LED's output along the length of the hilt. Maybe even use a PVC shroud for the entire hilt since all of the gear and equipment in Tron: Legacy had the appearance of plastic/rubber.

Sounds like a custom project to me  Wink

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2884 on: May 13, 2014, 05:52:21 PM »

I like that idea too! But they have to be careful about copyright issues with tron...

Doesn't stop them with The Omen, or any of the SW-"inspired" sabers. Not that I'm complaining, the officially-licensed sabers aren't good, I'd much rather have a Chosen One over the Hasbro Vader I've got. Looks a bit better IMO and US doesn't make $200 sabers that can't be used for combat... The LED strip blades in the official sabers are rubbish.

There are coatings that give the appearance and feel of rubber to metal surfaces, and not just rubber coatings. Although I think a black finish like the Dark sabers would be sufficient.
I wasn't thinking along the lines of routing the saber's blade LED output so much as having a different light source for the glow effects.
Ooh, a translucent whitish silicone would be good for the piping and that crap's cheap. Recessed into a channel around parts of the hilt and the parts that stick up could be rounded. Would look amazing and provide some grip.

My current collection:
Phantom V2 in FO & CG

Wish List:
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2885 on: May 13, 2014, 06:03:50 PM »

Doesn't stop them with The Omen, or any of the SW-"inspired" sabers. Not that I'm complaining, the officially-licensed sabers aren't good, I'd much rather have a Chosen One over the Hasbro Vader I've got. Looks a bit better IMO and US doesn't make $200 sabers that can't be used for combat... The LED strip blades in the official sabers are rubbish.

There are coatings that give the appearance and feel of rubber to metal surfaces, and not just rubber coatings. Although I think a black finish like the Dark sabers would be sufficient.
I wasn't thinking along the lines of routing the saber's blade LED output so much as having a different light source for the glow effects.
Ooh, a translucent whitish silicone would be good for the piping and that crap's cheap. Recessed into a channel around parts of the hilt and the parts that stick up could be rounded. Would look amazing and provide some grip.

Another thought, though this is pure dreaming: the blade lengths are nearly the same length as the hilts.  A small lever and you could possibly have an actual retracting blade...  LOL
OK, pipe dream done.  A Tron: Legacy hilt would be fantastic, though.  Very cool in deedy-deed.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

DArkonnen
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2886 on: May 13, 2014, 06:12:12 PM »

A Tron: Legacy hilt would be fantastic, though.  Very cool in deedy-deed.

Yes, it would. But thank Ninja-Jedi and his unique DarkTron font for getting this entire line of thinking started. Hell, it made me go back and watch Legacy again.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:15:20 PM by DArkonnen » Logged

The Chosen One SE in Blazing Red (Midgrade) - Lord Vane's Darth Vader sound font (Vader breathing idle)

drtdgr2
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 36

~Lightside Points Preferred~

« Reply #2887 on: May 13, 2014, 06:15:22 PM »

You've all officially peaked my curiosity. Would someone link me to this sound font?

“I am one with the force, the force is with me."

Prophecy V3- Adegan Silver with Color Discs
Consular - Consular Green
Manticore - Blue Violet Amethyst / Silver FoC
Dorinian - Guardian Blue / Arctic Blue FoC

DArkonnen
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2888 on: May 13, 2014, 06:42:14 PM »

You've all officially peaked my curiosity. Would someone link me to this sound font?

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=19988.0

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2889 on: May 13, 2014, 11:41:25 PM »

Another thought, though this is pure dreaming: the blade lengths are nearly the same length as the hilts.  A small lever and you could possibly have an actual retracting blade...  LOL
OK, pipe dream done.  A Tron: Legacy hilt would be fantastic, though.  Very cool in deedy-deed.

I came up with a couple of ways to make that work if it were electronics-free, and it's possible with electronics in it but I wouldn't dare swing it at anything or duel with it. With my idea the hilt would have to have a spring in it and the blade notched, a lever would fit in that notch to hold it down. When the lever is pushed/turned/whatever the blade could spring up. Obviously the blade would need a lipped base or separate catch to keep it from flying off. If electronics were in a seperate tube inside of the blade it could be illuminated but I don't think that is a very good design.
Getting the entire blade inside the hilt would be idea, but the only way I can think of to do that is like the cheap collapsible sabers and no one wants that.

My current collection:
Phantom V2 in FO & CG

Wish List:
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

DArkonnen
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2890 on: May 14, 2014, 11:58:33 AM »

A Tron: Legacy themed saber really does need a black AV switch, though. It's that ring of light against the darkness that just screams Tron: Legacy. Plus the black AV switches would look a lot better on any of the black hilts. For a Legacy saber though, it's an absolute must.

Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 26

This is not the post you're looking for.

« Reply #2891 on: May 14, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »

Heh I like the cartoon from when I was a kid, can't deny how good that was.
Haven't watched the relaunched one.
As a saber I think their idea is cool and it is well done, I'm just not a fan.

We can step outside if you want, I could use a new offhand saber Grin

You'll have to buy one, man, cause your kung fu is pig dung.
:p

Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 26

This is not the post you're looking for.

« Reply #2892 on: May 14, 2014, 07:58:36 PM »

I came up with a couple of ways to make that work if it were electronics-free, and it's possible with electronics in it but I wouldn't dare swing it at anything or duel with it. With my idea the hilt would have to have a spring in it and the blade notched, a lever would fit in that notch to hold it down. When the lever is pushed/turned/whatever the blade could spring up. Obviously the blade would need a lipped base or separate catch to keep it from flying off. If electronics were in a seperate tube inside of the blade it could be illuminated but I don't think that is a very good design.
Getting the entire blade inside the hilt would be idea, but the only way I can think of to do that is like the cheap collapsible sabers and no one wants that.

Pneumatics... Air powered, with a CO2 cartridge or something.

CVSickle
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #2893 on: May 15, 2014, 12:12:06 AM »

I'm always a fan of smaller one handed sabers (Initiate size) and I would love to see more smaller hilts available. In particular, I would love to see an initiate sized premium saber that has a machined design similar to the reaper.  A slanted emitter would be awesome too.

The constant struggle between the wisdom of the light and the power of the dark.

Sabers (chronological)
Dark Initiate V2 LE AB (rewired from SRD; 16mm red ring AV latching switch; weathered and grey leather wrapped)
Dark Initiate V3 LE Emerald Driver RGBW

Darth Scorpious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -118

Passion, Strength, Power, Victory, The Force

« Reply #2894 on: May 15, 2014, 12:25:54 AM »

MHS slanted emitters. US merchandise like t-shirts and the like

Scorpion in FO
Malice in BR
Nickel Guardian in GB
Bellicose CG
Prophecy GB