Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496280 times)
ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #4035 on: March 20, 2016, 08:59:41 AM »

Wondering when the next thing will come.  Before or after the second Spring Raffle?   New things generate interest, but raffles generate interest.

If it is an Ahsoka hilt, best to start getting those out around the duel with Vader.  Not long now.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4036 on: March 21, 2016, 08:28:27 PM »

I would love to see all available MHS parts listed for sale in the DIY section of the website. I can't afford a full saber right now, but getting parts is almost as good.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4037 on: March 21, 2016, 08:55:02 PM »

I would love to see all available MHS parts listed for sale in the DIY section of the website. I can't afford a full saber right now, but getting parts is almost as good.

This.  And also, the non-illuminated AV switches added to the DIY section.

A31
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

The Force is with you always...

« Reply #4038 on: March 22, 2016, 02:27:56 AM »

I like this idea! Great way to make some changes and new looking saber. It awesome that you can mix and match these parts to create your own unique saber.

Prophecy V3 Obs lite  (AB)

Archon V2.1  Obs V4  (TRI CG)

Initiate V4   Obs V3   (GB)

Dorkter Loveless
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #4039 on: March 22, 2016, 03:54:22 AM »

Someone may have already said this...but Kanan Jarrus lightsaber is a sweet saber. I'd like to see it as an UltraSaber!

I agree! I like kanan's its not too far off from a "standard" saber while having an almost katana look to it. I have no idea what they were going for with the inquisitor's saber design... predator disk maybe?

I also like the button push change colors idea as well as the smaller MHS extensions idea.

one saber Sad ... for now. Guardian, GB blade and AB FoC

A31
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

The Force is with you always...

« Reply #4040 on: March 22, 2016, 04:05:04 AM »

I agree! I like kanan's its not too far off from a "standard" saber while having an almost katana look to it. I have no idea what they were going for with the inquisitor's saber design... predator disk maybe?

I also like the button push change colors idea as well as the smaller MHS extensions idea.

Yes, I thought the same about it looking like a katana hilt/handle. And the smaller accessories for MHS extensions would be good new option. I'd also like to see just some new individual pommels...not ones already on sabers now, just different new ones...

Prophecy V3 Obs lite  (AB)

Archon V2.1  Obs V4  (TRI CG)

Initiate V4   Obs V3   (GB)

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #4041 on: March 22, 2016, 02:00:47 PM »

Wish #1: what I ultimately want is a 6' staff where each blade is notably longer than the hilt.
Working backwards, arithmetic tells us specs:
Each blade is minimally 2' long; the hilt is maximally 2' long.  But it'd look better to me if they're not equal.
So that means more like 26" visible blades and a 20" hilt.
20" hilt means a 2" vented coupler and two 9" individual sabers.

So we're talking Apprentices -- but can we get a spiffier version?

Why yes -- the Menace!  But can we get an original design?

Not yet.  That's what I'm hoping for: MHS emitter and pommel, 9" emitter-to-body length, so with an individual pommel, it could be a bit longer.

Me, I would love something like a Manticore emitter, Catalyst choke, and then... something along the body.  Smiley  An all-nickel finish option would be what I'd want -- I love the Manticore CE's understated look.  (Individuals could then add leather wrap for a custom look.)  And as a single saber, and a badass pommel.  Smiley

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #4042 on: March 22, 2016, 02:02:34 PM »

Wish #2: a simple/streamlined curved saber.  Basically, the Initiate of curved sabers that I can then mod into a Dooku saber.  I'm thinking if I could get the base, I could add 3D printed sleeves to give it a film canon look.

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4043 on: March 22, 2016, 08:59:34 PM »

This.  And also, the non-illuminated AV switches added to the DIY section.

I'm pretty sure if you emailed them they would be happy to set you up with any color switch that they offer in the customization.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

LightsaberFreak627
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #4044 on: March 22, 2016, 09:54:35 PM »

I would personally like to see maybe a hilt designed around Darth Sidious' lightsaber or Mace Windu's lightsaber. I enjoy both of those lightsaber designs for how elegant, yet simple they are. And of course Sidious' hilt embodies his evil nature so well. Just a couple saber hilt design ideas. I think those would be really awesome.

Mursaat
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #4045 on: March 22, 2016, 11:30:10 PM »

Something I would greatly love to see, is the option to build your own saber, with desired Emerald/Obsidian sound/light. 

By build your own saber, I mean the option to choose the individual parts, like manticore emitter, shock body, and scorpion pommel, and have it built by US with desired electronics.  Currently you can only buy each component individually, and there is no option to have US add sound/light.

I think the ability to have a custom saber, in the MHS family, would be awesome.

Mursaat

So, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4046 on: March 22, 2016, 11:34:34 PM »

Something I would greatly love to see, is the option to build your own saber, with desired Emerald/Obsidian sound/light. 

By build your own saber, I mean the option to choose the individual parts, like manticore emitter, shock body, and scorpion pommel, and have it built by US with desired electronics.  Currently you can only buy each component individually, and there is no option to have US add sound/light.

I think the ability to have a custom saber, in the MHS family, would be awesome.

Mursaat
That would be cool.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4047 on: March 23, 2016, 11:55:15 AM »

Mursaat

Buy the saber with the hilt that you want, then by the emitter and pommel separately.  So, for your example, buy a Shock saber. It will come fully assembled, electonics and all, but also buy a Manticore emitter and Scorpion pommel. When it all gets to you, swap the emitters and pommels, and you've got what you wanted. It's a bit more pricey that way, but you'd have a more unique saber. And, you'd have some extra parts to do the same with your next purchase.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4048 on: March 23, 2016, 07:29:12 PM »

Buy the saber with the hilt that you want, then by the emitter and pommel separately.  So, for your example, buy a Shock saber. It will come fully assembled, electonics and all, but also buy a Manticore emitter and Scorpion pommel. When it all gets to you, swap the emitters and pommels, and you've got what you wanted. It's a bit more pricey that way, but you'd have a more unique saber. And, you'd have some extra parts to do the same with your next purchase.

Unfortunately, not all of the emitters and pommels are in the store as separate items.

But Emory is generally very good at working with you, from what I hear over and over, if you email him.  I haven't emailed (yet) about components like that, but every email exchange I've had with him has gone fantastically.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4049 on: March 23, 2016, 07:36:36 PM »

Unfortunately, not all of the emitters and pommels are in the store as separate items.

But Emory is generally very good at working with you, from what I hear over and over, if you email him.  I haven't emailed (yet) about components like that, but every email exchange I've had with him has gone fantastically.

Yes, I've seen pictures of sabers with pommels that are not listed on the website.  Email them, and see if you can strike a deal.  They are trying to make money, after all.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: