Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1497648 times)
Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #4140 on: April 05, 2016, 04:11:35 AM »

I'd personally like to see more custom designs, rather than US versions of canon hilts, but that's just me.

Me too.
I'm not sure I'd buy another canon inspired hilt, but I'd be all over original designs.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4141 on: April 05, 2016, 04:18:01 AM »

Me too.
I'm not sure I'd buy another canon inspired hilt, but I'd be all over original designs.

Same. I think it's safe to say they've covered all the canon hilts that a majority of the fandom wants to see. The only one I'd want is maybe an Ahsoka, but even then.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Sailor_Tenchi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #4142 on: April 05, 2016, 04:23:38 AM »

I would also like to see more custom US designs! Especially if they felt like a part of the SW universe without actually being in it.

That being said, I'd also be interested in new canon ones as well--cosplay can be difficult for those who don't choose main/popular characters.

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #4143 on: April 05, 2016, 04:39:01 PM »

I'd personally like to see more custom designs, rather than US versions of canon hilts, but that's just me.

Yes and No.  Having something close to film-accurate Dooku would be a great help for my 501st trooping (right now, I just have a painted cast resin belt hanger, which enh).

But for a generic Jedi, yeah, the current designs are great, but something new would be very tempting.  I had already mentioned before wanting shorter hilts for saberstaff designs -- a double Catalyst is tempting, but something a bit shorter would be nice, and I don't want a double Menace.  (In the meantime, I have to use double Overlords, oh no quel tragedie...  Smiley  )

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4144 on: April 05, 2016, 04:46:52 PM »

I would also like to see more custom US designs! Especially if they felt like a part of the SW universe without actually being in it.

That being said, I'd also be interested in new canon ones as well--cosplay can be difficult for those who don't choose main/popular characters.

I wouldn't mind seeing them do more "new" stuff that are just mash-ups of existing parts. There was a pommel that went out with the PGBs that have never been used. I think the round Malice pommel doesn't get enough love.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthXero
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -28

« Reply #4145 on: April 05, 2016, 10:33:21 PM »

Another great idea (also probably mentioned before)

Considering Obsidian lite can only be programmed with one font, there should be an option to choose from any of the default Obsidian sound fonts to come pre programmed into your saber of choice.

I love the obsidian lite as much as the next guy, but I don't think it's very universal in terms of fitting a particular saber color or design.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #4146 on: April 06, 2016, 12:48:34 AM »

Another great idea (also probably mentioned before)

Considering Obsidian lite can only be programmed with one font, there should be an option to choose from any of the default Obsidian sound fonts to come pre programmed into your saber of choice.

I love the obsidian lite as much as the next guy, but I don't think it's very universal in terms of fitting a particular saber color or design.
Something similar was suggested earlier in the thread. I think that Ultrasabers is looking into offering the Obsidian Lite in two sound options: one jedi and one sith. Nothing definite has been confirmed yet, but it is something they are contemplating so keep your eyes open for new announcements

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #4147 on: April 06, 2016, 01:32:49 AM »

Yes and No.  Having something close to film-accurate Dooku would be a great help for my 501st trooping (right now, I just have a painted cast resin belt hanger, which enh).

But for a generic Jedi, yeah, the current designs are great, but something new would be very tempting.  I had already mentioned before wanting shorter hilts for saberstaff designs -- a double Catalyst is tempting, but something a bit shorter would be nice, and I don't want a double Menace.  (In the meantime, I have to use double Overlords, oh no quel tragedie...  Smiley  )

Exactly, if you're a face character it's great, but if you're not not so much. I'd feel weird as a generic Jedi using my Consular, because, though I love the hilt to death, it's pretty well known as "Qui-Gon's saber."

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4148 on: April 06, 2016, 03:28:09 PM »

Something similar was suggested earlier in the thread. I think that Ultrasabers is looking into offering the Obsidian Lite in two sound options: one jedi and one sith. Nothing definite has been confirmed yet, but it is something they are contemplating so keep your eyes open for new announcements

I think they would do better to have an array of offerings, but make them single font.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

LIGHTSABERnut20
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

Living life with a little lighting

« Reply #4149 on: April 07, 2016, 07:42:32 PM »

Deep should make an mhs compatialbe night stick style grip attachment I would freaking love that

Why must we choose a side
When you can embrace all force powers

Ginsu117
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -67

(Jacen) The End Justify the Means

« Reply #4150 on: April 09, 2016, 09:33:36 AM »

Im sure somebody mentioned it but Id really love to see Mara Jades hilt (not Lukes Graflex) her original purple saber as hand of the emperor.

DARK SIDE POINTS PLEASE

Ultrasabers owned:
-Scorpion with Obsidian v3 soundboard and Sunriders Destiny color
-Converted Anakin Episode III Lightsaber with Red color
-Archon v3.1 Emerald and Obsidian v4 Soundboard
-Consular with green color obsidian v3
-Fulcrum with green color
-Prophecy V3 White color with standard sound
-Sentinel V4 Blue color with Obsidian V3

Bedrock
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 2

I'll take on any job .... for the right price.

« Reply #4151 on: April 10, 2016, 12:43:27 AM »

Inquisitor lightsabers.

A mix-&-match option where US will build the custom lightsaber based on the components the customer chooses (emitter, hilt, pommel, etc.).

Jedi, Sith - two sides of a coin that is no longer currency.

LIGHTSABERnut20
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

Living life with a little lighting

« Reply #4152 on: April 10, 2016, 01:02:39 AM »

That would be nice but I can only image the flood of costume orders that would come in.it could potentially back them up

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Why must we choose a side
When you can embrace all force powers

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #4153 on: April 10, 2016, 01:08:58 AM »

Inquisitor lightsabers.

A mix-&-match option where US will build the custom lightsaber based on the components the customer chooses (emitter, hilt, pommel, etc.).

I also like this idea.....

That would be nice but I can only image the flood of costume orders that would come in.it could potentially back them up

But I agree with Lightsabernut20 ....It may create such a backlog of orders that the wait time and expense may reflect "the other guys" and we don't want that to happen.

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Bedrock
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 2

I'll take on any job .... for the right price.

« Reply #4154 on: April 10, 2016, 01:24:13 AM »

maybe not.
most of the customization they do already (choosing light, sound, button & other schemes to go into the hilts)
I'm suggesting merely adding the option to change the emitter, pommel & last remaining bits of the lightsaber.

Jedi, Sith - two sides of a coin that is no longer currency.

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: