Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496281 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5055 on: March 29, 2017, 01:41:26 PM »

Azure scorpion or azure dominix v4 le would be awesome.  I wish they still had this azure standard issue saber:

http://i.imgur.com/6eGxY.jpg

I'm getting the hint that you really like the blue anod.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5056 on: March 30, 2017, 12:03:07 AM »

I'm getting the hint that you really like the blue anod.

Well his name is Edon Bluewolf Roll Eyes

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5057 on: March 30, 2017, 12:04:34 AM »

Oops, accidental double post. Can be deleted if someone wishes.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #5058 on: March 30, 2017, 02:32:55 AM »

You caught me!  Grin  I got the azure reaper on order, and am saving up to someday hopefully get the azure mantis with diamond.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Major Umbra
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

When you gotta go...

« Reply #5059 on: March 30, 2017, 06:41:44 AM »

I like that US keeps up on upgrades, (Diamond and designs) but I would like to make a suggestion...I would love to see more "modular" parts to create different designs with more color choices. I sent in a question about getting a LOST GREY in black anodizing. I got back a quick, nice response, but it was a no go. Sad I am willing to pay for the "extra" attention. Other than these words of suggestion, I love US! I will be buying my first saber(s) from them. I also love the amount of people who are into "mods".  (fonts and design) ; I have seen on MANY YOUTUBE videos. Kudos to all who keep sabering alive! Smiley I make custom personal sound fonts already in anticipation of my first saber. May the Force be with you, always.
~Major Umbra

"Just got my new lightsaber...which button should I push?"

java_saint
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #5060 on: March 31, 2017, 03:59:13 PM »

An interesting suggestion I have is to their website.

What I ask is a difficult requirement to be honest.

I wanna have something like a saber modelling interface,

Where when u pick a hilt. It would display the hilt witha default blade and color. Then when u change the blade color, the color changes in real time for u to see. You can do stuff like add windows, add switches etc to see how the lightsaber will look like.

There are some things that I imagine would look bad as a blade color with a certain hilt, but I see some examples on the forums that actually surprise me. It would help me in doing some experiments rather than using my imagination all the time.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5061 on: March 31, 2017, 07:28:35 PM »

Where when u pick a hilt. It would display the hilt witha default blade and color. Then when u change the blade color, the color changes in real time for u to see. You can do stuff like add windows, add switches etc to see how the lightsaber will look like.

There are some things that I imagine would look bad as a blade color with a certain hilt, but I see some examples on the forums that actually surprise me. It would help me in doing some experiments rather than using my imagination all the time.
You're suggesting a function that alters the image of the saber AS you pick your customizations?.....Intersesting. I actually think this could be easily done with rendered images.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5062 on: March 31, 2017, 08:55:38 PM »

I do like this idea. A few years ago my brother found something like this somewhere else. I haven't even thought about it until you mentioned this just now, but I think it would be a really great resource.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #5063 on: March 31, 2017, 09:04:23 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if this was in the works now.  It's been suggested a bunch and if it gives people more confidence to pull the trigger on a purchase, it's a great investment for US.

Car companies have been doing that forever, as just one example.  I used to play on the Audi website all the time, like, 5 years ago doing that.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #5064 on: April 06, 2017, 03:04:45 AM »

Hmmm...  Ever since I got my Renegade a few months back, I've mulled this one over...

When you get a crossguard saber you have the option of getting either 6" or 8" crossguard blades.  Now, maybe this is me being knitpicky, but I do bladesmithing work as a sidebusiness / hobby, and I know the shapes that swords are supposed to be.  Now of course these toys (awesome toys, but still toys) aren't going to be exactly like real swords at all - aluminum handled-plastic blade light sabers are rarely going to be balanced the way an actual sword will be - that gets a total pass, but the proportional look is something else, and really the only one that just gets to me are the crossguard sabers.  And it's because the quillion is just too wide, even with 6" blades.  On my own I immediately ditched the 6" blades that came with it, and replaced them with 5" icicle lights, only 4" of which extend out of the emitters, and THAT allows for the quillion to be proportionally the right width for the length of the blade, and length of the handle. 

But man with the 6" blades...a Renegade ends up being about 18-19" wide at the quillion, and with 8" blades it's 20-21", and even with a 40" main blade that's a quillion that's basically half the length of your blade. 

Having the option to get your hands on 3", 4" and 5" crossguard blades would be awesome, and the easy fix for we picky folk hehe

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #5065 on: April 06, 2017, 03:47:09 AM »

I have a bad feeling about this.
Actually, I have a list of characters I would like to see sabers based off of.
Please let me know if I missed any canon characters.
Anakin Skywalker  - Attack of the Clones
Plo Koon - The Clone Wars
Saesee Tiin - The Clone Wars
Onaconda Farr - The Clone Wars
Yoda - The Clone Wars
Chancellor Palpatine - Darth Sidious - All of it
Savage Opress - The Clone Wars
Count Dooku - Darth Tyranus - The Clone Wars
Mace Windu - I'm not sure, but I think he had a different hilt at one point
Luminara Unduli - The Clone Wars
Asajj Ventress - The Clone Wars
Ki-Adi-Mundi - The Clone Wars
Kit Fisto - The Clone Wars
Barriss Offee - The Clone Wars
Shaak Ti - The Clone Wars
Quinlin Vosk - The Clone Wars
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Revenge of the Sith, without an activation box.
Ezra Bridger - Rebels
Kanan Jarrus - Rebels
Ahsoka Tano - Rebels
I think I got most of the names right, and hopefully didn't miss any.
So, live long and prosper.
Wait, wrong franchise.
May the force be with you always.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5066 on: April 06, 2017, 02:53:16 PM »

I have a bad feeling about this.
Actually, I have a list of characters I would like to see sabers based off of.
Please let me know if I missed any canon characters.
Anakin Skywalker  - Attack of the Clones
Plo Koon - The Clone Wars
Saesee Tiin - The Clone Wars
Onaconda Farr - The Clone Wars
Yoda - The Clone Wars
Chancellor Palpatine - Darth Sidious - All of it
Savage Opress - The Clone Wars
Count Dooku - Darth Tyranus - The Clone Wars
Mace Windu - I'm not sure, but I think he had a different hilt at one point
Luminara Unduli - The Clone Wars
Asajj Ventress - The Clone Wars
Ki-Adi-Mundi - The Clone Wars
Kit Fisto - The Clone Wars
Barriss Offee - The Clone Wars
Shaak Ti - The Clone Wars
Quinlin Vosk - The Clone Wars
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Revenge of the Sith, without an activation box.
Ezra Bridger - Rebels
Kanan Jarrus - Rebels
Ahsoka Tano - Rebels
I think I got most of the names right, and hopefully didn't miss any.
So, live long and prosper.
Wait, wrong franchise.
May the force be with you always.
Anakins from ATC is effectively the Prophecy.
Plo Koon's is Windu's from TPM. Could easily be done with tweaks to a Menace emitter for the pommel.
Onoconda Farr was a Rodian senator, not a Jedi.
Yoda's saber is a little on the....ridiculously undersized side. However, if up-scaled properly, I think it would be an awesome hilt.
Same thing with Sidious'. We discussed the possibility not long ago. It would be picture accurate, but possible.
Dooku's has been suggested to death. I don't think the Mantis did terribly well in sales, and therefore US isn't rushing to release another "curved" hilt.
Luminara's is identical to Plo's.
Ventress' offer the same difficulties as Dooku's, just at the opposite end.
Shaak Ti's is effectively the Shock.
Vos' is not terribly dissimilar from the Guardian.
Which of Ezra's sabers are you suggesting. Personally I prefer his less gimmicky green saber.
And again...Tano's curved hilts fall into the hazards of a curved hilt, NTM their flat katana like cross-section.

Sig by For Tyeth

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #5067 on: April 06, 2017, 04:40:20 PM »

Of those, Tano's curved hilts and Dooku's hilt would probably the most interest.

Tano's because a matched pair of lightsaber katana would look really cool.

And for Dooku, having a fencing saber would be really nice.

Kanan's would also be nice due to the design, though it could probably not handle having a quick release on he emitter and still be viable for dueling unless it could be locked in place.

Ezra's first saber would be interesting with the blaster gimmick with the Diamond, if it can assign a slot for light and sound to the blaster tip.  It might be gesture fired I guess if there was no trigger added.  It is basically an Archon body with the blaster bits being he new emitter and pommel.

His second is sort of the Archon v3 emitter on a new hilt, or an Archon hilt with a cover over it.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5068 on: April 06, 2017, 06:42:51 PM »

Of those, Tano's curved hilts and Dooku's hilt would probably the most interest.
Duh, cuz curved hilts are awesome.

Sig by For Tyeth

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5069 on: April 06, 2017, 08:27:14 PM »

Kind of a small one but a dark Manticore hi and low pommels added please? The low pommel would look good on the Dark Prophecy am I right? Tongue We have the emitter already so why not add the pommels?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: