Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496305 times)
BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #8490 on: August 29, 2020, 05:00:28 AM »

I must point out that this is a suggestion box, not a demand box. Everything that I have posted at least is this suggestion, I believe everyone else falls into the same category, we’re not demanding anything.

Starflicker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 16

I Wanna the Hero but the Villains having more fun

« Reply #8491 on: August 29, 2020, 05:37:19 AM »

Yeah, all I am doing here is dreaming, not demanding anything.

I am stuck on the Crimson Aeon v5...  Trying to work out how I would do it myself mostly.

I think I should start with buying an Aeon v5, I just am not sure what I want the electronics to be....
I should probably just get a stunt for the initial test model, but what color of blade... Red is almost too obvious...

I need to think about this some more....  and find a place that sells red paint...

Newly Obsessed with Sabers
Aeon v4 Windows BVA, Aeon v3 BR, Dark Initiate v2 BR, Archon v2.1 GB, Bellicose SRD, Aeon v2 GB, Initiate v3 GB, Dark Apprentice v4 Windows CG, Dominix v5 Diamond, Dark Apprentice v4 windows Staff Stunt AS, Dark Apprentice v5 Obsidian v4 CG with FO FoC, Azure Mantis GB Obsidian Lite

I need to stop. Or, ya know, win the lottery.

Wish List: Too long to be placed here.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #8492 on: August 29, 2020, 02:49:20 PM »

How about more colors for the anodized sabers. We’ve got some that come in blue, red, gold or black. How about green, orange, purple etc

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8493 on: August 30, 2020, 04:14:06 PM »

How about more colors for the anodized sabers. We’ve got some that come in blue, red, gold or black. How about green, orange, purple etc

Just FYI, it’s really tough to get consistent colors across anodizing batches, even with level II anodizing; level III anodizing makes that even tougher (and the colors are not as bright).  This is one reason why you see the “real” tactical/military flashlight manufacturers sticking to dark colors like black, dark grey, and dark brown (in addition to the fact that special-ops folks aren’t too keen on having “bright-shiny” colors on their duty gear, of course). 

PERHAPS these four shades are the easiest for UltraSabers’s supplier to get consistent across batches.  Perhaps these are the only four shades provided by UltraSabers’s supplier... I really have no clue.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Starflicker
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 16

I Wanna the Hero but the Villains having more fun

« Reply #8494 on: August 30, 2020, 05:12:08 PM »

Just FYI, it’s really tough to get consistent colors across anodizing batches, even with level II anodizing; level III anodizing makes that even tougher (and the colors are not as bright).  This is one reason why you see the “real” tactical/military flashlight manufacturers sticking to dark colors like black, dark grey, and dark brown (in addition to the fact that special-ops folks aren’t too keen on having “bright-shiny” colors on their duty gear, of course). 

PERHAPS these four shades are the easiest for UltraSabers’s supplier to get consistent across batches.  Perhaps these are the only four shades provided by UltraSabers’s supplier... I really have no clue.

I agree with the idea that they have trouble getting the anodizing consistant.

The black anodizing seems the easiest type to manage and have it look the same across different sabers and projects.

The other three colors they offer, while nice and I definietly want some, do not appear completely consistant. Though they seem very close.

The yellow anodizing has been reported as somewhere between a brass color and a bright gold depending on when they have been ordered. The stock images also vary.

The red has been commented on as being rusty, which I am guessing is orangish, and being bright true red.

The blue looks different across the various hilts that have the option (looking at the Fallen, Dorinian, Reaper, Empress, Menace and Mantis) from a deep true blue to a softer somewhat paler shade.

I know that the red and yellow have been commented on in various videos, the blue I am just going from the stock images.
The colors in the photos for the stock could vary simply by lighting.

Just my observations and I know my eye does not exactly align with what others see for color. This is not meant as a negative comment. I kinda like the idea that a saber I order will not be exactly like everyone elses.

Newly Obsessed with Sabers
Aeon v4 Windows BVA, Aeon v3 BR, Dark Initiate v2 BR, Archon v2.1 GB, Bellicose SRD, Aeon v2 GB, Initiate v3 GB, Dark Apprentice v4 Windows CG, Dominix v5 Diamond, Dark Apprentice v4 windows Staff Stunt AS, Dark Apprentice v5 Obsidian v4 CG with FO FoC, Azure Mantis GB Obsidian Lite

I need to stop. Or, ya know, win the lottery.

Wish List: Too long to be placed here.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8495 on: August 30, 2020, 09:01:29 PM »

Could be the supplier. I’ve seen other examples of anodized aluminum in various colors. Still, a couple other colors if possible would be nice. I’d dig a nice burnt bronze color too

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8496 on: August 31, 2020, 01:14:04 PM »

I must point out that this is a suggestion box, not a demand box. Everything that I have posted at least is this suggestion, I believe everyone else falls into the same category, we’re not demanding anything.
I know, but holy smokes, how many times does the thin-necked Kenobi need to be "suggested".

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8497 on: August 31, 2020, 01:57:15 PM »

I know, but holy smokes, how many times does the thin-necked Kenobi need to be "suggested".

Apparently, however many more times it takes until it becomes available, if I’m reading the signs aright.

I’m with you; I could come on here every day and ask for a WYSIWYG visualizer of saber customizations, with images of all the combinations possible, with photo-realistic images, but I don’t.   I ask for that maybe 2 or 3 times a year, which is still probably more often than it should be.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #8498 on: August 31, 2020, 03:04:13 PM »

Apparently, however many more times it takes until it becomes available, if I’m reading the signs aright.

I’m with you; I could come on here every day and ask for a WYSIWYG visualizer of saber customizations, with images of all the combinations possible, with photo-realistic images, but I don’t.   I ask for that maybe 2 or 3 times a year, which is still probably more often than it should be.
It's great feature though. And one of the other guys does have that. Fun to use once you get it.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8499 on: August 31, 2020, 04:02:08 PM »

HUH?!?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #8500 on: August 31, 2020, 04:25:20 PM »

HUH?!?
what you see is what you get =D
The Frenchman did it again =D

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #8501 on: August 31, 2020, 04:53:10 PM »

HUH?!?

WYSIWYG...What You See Is What You Get.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8502 on: August 31, 2020, 04:55:42 PM »

HUH?!?

As others have already explained, What You See Is What You Get.  I’m showing my age again; in the 1980s, it was quite commonly used, because having that ability in word-processing programs was New and Innovative; no longer did you need to struggle with the embedded printer codes in your text, hoping that you’d used the right ones to turn on (and then turn off) bold, underlining, italics, or any other feature, because you could see those effects on the screen, as well as on the printed page.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8503 on: August 31, 2020, 05:19:37 PM »

As others have already explained, What You See Is What You Get.  I’m showing my age again; in the 1980s, it was quite commonly used, because having that ability in word-processing programs was New and Innovative; no longer did you need to struggle with the embedded printer codes in your text, hoping that you’d used the right ones to turn on (and then turn off) bold, underlining, italics, or any other feature, because you could see those effects on the screen, as well as on the printed page.
I was too busy being a kid in the 80s.

But as to your initial comment: a builder would be nice, but I want to be able to order exactly what I've built. I have made mention of this maybe 2-3 times since the existence of this thread. And that accounts for about 2-3 times that it has been mentioned. But I would have to start taking fingers and toes from other members to count how many times I've had to read "I want to see an Ep3 Obi Wan hilt." Perhaps it bugs me more than most because I don't care for that hilt, so I care even less if US makes one. Is it iconic? Yes. Does it look comfortable to hold? No. Does it even look that cool? No. Does its design hold any advantage over other sabers in combat? No. I've said it once, I'll say it again: US is in the market of combat sabers. If you want belt candy or movie authentic replica, then buy somewhere else. Replicas are nice when they can be made accurately, but IMO the demand for replicas is killing the market.

Sig by For Tyeth

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8504 on: August 31, 2020, 09:56:04 PM »

I was too busy being a kid in the 80s.

But as to your initial comment: a builder would be nice, but I want to be able to order exactly what I've built. I have made mention of this maybe 2-3 times since the existence of this thread. And that accounts for about 2-3 times that it has been mentioned. But I would have to start taking fingers and toes from other members to count how many times I've had to read "I want to see an Ep3 Obi Wan hilt." Perhaps it bugs me more than most because I don't care for that hilt, so I care even less if US makes one. Is it iconic? Yes. Does it look comfortable to hold? No. Does it even look that cool? No. Does its design hold any advantage over other sabers in combat? No. I've said it once, I'll say it again: US is in the market of combat sabers. If you want belt candy or movie authentic replica, then buy somewhere else. Replicas are nice when they can be made accurately, but IMO the demand for replicas is killing the market.

Agreed. The thin neck would be garbage for dueling and would eventually break. I get why some folks want US to make one so they can buy one brand and get the replicas they want but I’m with you, if they really want a movie accurate replica they should get one somewhere else and keep these focused on custom and unique sabers. I do like some of the inspired or replicated sabers US makes but I like their original hilts more.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: