Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653107 times)
Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #3255 on: July 18, 2017, 10:13:46 PM »

I don't think so. He's easily accessible once you reach level 40 in the GW store.

I musta lucked out and pulled him from a Chromium or something, 'cause he was one of my first 5 toons  Roll Eyes

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3256 on: July 19, 2017, 06:21:18 AM »

You're Ralen in game right?

If so, it looks like you're running Chewie, Boba, St Han, and Lando.  I'd suggest looking at IG88 as he'll be vital for your droid team later on as well.  Plus he is great dps anyway, with ability block and some killer debuffs.

Side note, I'm surprised you don't have Biggs.  Doesn't everyone get him as a freebie at the beginning?

It looks like you're leveling most of your toons as you gain levels.  Just a heads up, you will start to run out of credits fast if you continue to do that.  Pick your best and most important characters, and focus on them.  Everything else can get table scraps as it were  Tongue

(If you're not Ralen then tell me your ID# and I'll find you lol )

Yes, I'm Ralen. I am really only leveling the ones that I use a lot. Pretty much all of the ones that I have at or above lvl 50 are in different squads. I have been trying to get 4* on all 6 of the Pheonix squad, but other than that, I don't really focus that much on them. Been farming Lando again recently, and almost have enough shards to lvl him up again. IG-88, okay, I will try and work on him. I was originally thinking Cad Bane, but I figured I should ask first.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3257 on: July 19, 2017, 12:04:21 PM »

Yeah unfortunately Cad isn't that great, which is a bugger considering I love his character in Clone Wars!

Funny you should mention Phoenix Squadron; considering most of them are farm-able from low lvl Hard nodes or currency stores, and are required to unlock the most overpowered character in the game right now, I'd recommend putting as much time and resources into them as you can spare.  You'll want them at 5 stars by the next time the Thrawn event comes around.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3258 on: July 19, 2017, 03:42:00 PM »

For the Training Droid and Credit Heist events Cad is quite good, acutally, once he's been geared up. His damage output is acceptable, he stuns (with TM reduction), and can double attack with his basic. I use him as my lead char, and I almost never lose anyone in my team (Chewie, Nute, Lando, ST Han).

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #3259 on: July 19, 2017, 04:07:04 PM »

Yes, I'm Ralen. I am really only leveling the ones that I use a lot. Pretty much all of the ones that I have at or above lvl 50 are in different squads. I have been trying to get 4* on all 6 of the Pheonix squad, but other than that, I don't really focus that much on them. Been farming Lando again recently, and almost have enough shards to lvl him up again. IG-88, okay, I will try and work on him. I was originally thinking Cad Bane, but I figured I should ask first.

Yeah, IG-88 has a two-fold usefulness and his damage output is probably close to the highest of the Scoundrels.

For the Scoundrel events Cad is quite good, acutally, once he's been geared up. His damage output is acceptable, he stuns (with TM reduction), and can double attack with his basic. I use him as my lead char, and I almost never lose anyone in my team (Chewie, Nute, Lando, ST Han).

Eh, he's not bad, but not the best though.  I have him 7* and level 85 and geared up and he's my 8th best Scoundrel, right above Greedo.  The only reason I'd get him early on would be that he's a Scoundrel you can easily farm in GW, where there are no others.  Not sure how you got Nute, but I would suggest you don't put any serious effort into farming him before you pick up(and max out) several others from the Arena Store.

The top Scoundrels to have are definitely Boba, IG-88, Lando, Han Solo, ST Han, and personally I swap out ST Han and put in Dengar.  Obviously Han Solo is only available to those that do Heroic Rancor, so you could sub in Dengar in his spot or another damage dealer or tank.

Now if you wanted to have a little fun with an all Bounty Hunter Scoundrel team you could run Boba lead, IG-88, Dengar, Greedo, and Zam.  With Boba's lead being more effective with Bounty Hunters, two of them having thermals, and Zams ability to detonate them, it could be wicked.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3260 on: July 19, 2017, 04:28:14 PM »

Oh, I got Nute from a Card long ago, but he's already 7*. Actually, the only one that is left in the Arena store is the Coruscant Police. All others have been farmed, including Kanan. And I don't know how much effort I'll put in him, maybe I'll focus on Prestige and Credits...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3261 on: July 19, 2017, 04:33:52 PM »

It's OK, I've been in that spot before Racona.  Even though I put money into the game, I still routinely have trouble on PvP certain days where I constantly get teams that should be beatable, but they get every possible good opportunity and I get practically none, so they just wipe the floor with me.  I will agree that GW as of late has become more difficult(Thrawn is mainly the culprit) and the teams that are used as opponents sometimes are beyond outrageous.  As for ships, I have put a LOT of effort into it and it has become better for me.  The game has been changing a lot more constantly than it did during its first year.  More updates, more new characters, more new events, etc.  While growth in a game is good, it has also caused strains for some players to keep up.

And don't feel bad for paying for a sub for SWTOR, I have a sub too and really enjoy the game.  It is nice that you pay your monthly fee and get access to everything and they give you some premium currency to spend in the specialty shop.

Good to hear I'm not the only one who thinks like that Smiley
And no, I'm not feeling bad for paying for SWTOR. Actually, it's the first game that I ever subscribed for. And I even use a mobile Security Key, which gives me 100 extra Cartel Coins Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3262 on: July 19, 2017, 05:04:38 PM »

Oh, I got Nute from a Card long ago, but he's already 7*. Actually, the only one that is left in the Arena store is the Coruscant Police. All others have been farmed, including Kanan. And I don't know how much effort I'll put in him, maybe I'll focus on Prestige and Credits...

I figured that's probably where you got him.  Coruscant Police and Nute are the only two I don't have finished to 7*.  I'd probably have those two done if I hadn't been working on Prestige for Ships. 

I already have Ackbar's and Mace's ships' abiities all maxed out and am currently working on Tarkin.  If you haven't started, I would.  Capital ships take a lot to level their skills.  It's 10 of the gold Prestige to upgrade skills from 1 to 2, and it just adds 10 for every level.  Winds up being a total of 450 to level all skills to 5 and their basic attack to 6. 

I'm sure once I'm done with Tarkin's ship I'll work on the other two characters, just to say I have them all done.  Doing the same in GW with the 3 I have left when I'm not buying ship blueprints.  The Cantina Store has of course taken a lot longer because of how long it takes to get currency there, and for a while I was buying ship credits because of how many ships I was leveling and starring at once.  Though that has slowed down now so I'm back to characters.  FO Officer will probably be next after I finish Fives.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3263 on: July 19, 2017, 05:25:20 PM »

I'm working on them...I had to start working on them because of the Ship Droid, Credit and Ability Mat challenges. And I have all Tiers at 3* now (my only really important achievement over the past weeks, especially because of Zeta and Ship credits).

In GW I only have to work on Zeb, but since I gave up doing it, I don't have enough to finish him. I bought blueprints as well, but more from the Ship store.

Cantina is the slowest one for me as well. Working on Boba right now, and then I'll probably do FOO and/or Poe. Rather FO, Poe has its shards in DS/LS battles and the Ship store and is faster to farm than FOO

Sig by Master Nero

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3264 on: July 20, 2017, 02:33:15 PM »

Bleh...   Stupid GW being so irritating...   I only got 33 GWs done for the guild event because I couldn't finish any of the node 12s.  Every time either on 9 or 11 I'd get a team that required me to use a certain group to combat them, and then I wouldn't have them for 12 when an even tougher team showed up.

Got #1 on Tank Raid last night with 16 million damage, which I think is the most for anybody ever in my guild.  Yes that included a roster refresh, but we're all allowed to do that and others have made it into the teens before.  Also a new personal best damage score of 4.5 million with my Droid squad on P4, which was just crazy.  I'll tell you, IG-88 was on FIRE.  As long as some debuffs were up, he'd spray and just murder everything and that tank would go right back down.  Also I think more than half the times that IG-86 used his special on the tank body, JE would assist, which meant another droid would assist.  There were several times when the tank body had 5-6 bombs from JE stacked on it.  Never once did the main body get a shot off, and I think I went 4-5 rounds after enrage still destroying stuff.  Finally I started dying to the bombing runs(that was the only thing doing damage to my guys) even with buffs up just because I couldn't heal anymore.  I actually rezzed my droids like 2-3 times, but eventually JE died and so that was just the end.

Of course I woke up this morning and the game was all "Heeeyyyy, look at all that damage you did.  Here's some $h!t for loot..."    No fully crafted pieces and 4 piles of junk that I have no use for, two of which I have thousands of already.  I know the top 3 slots give you 4 things for loot instead of 3, and you have the best chance at a fully crafted piece but it's not guaranteed, but really the #1 spot should be a guarantee for a fully crafted piece of something you can use.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3265 on: July 20, 2017, 10:20:33 PM »

Grats Krace, nice work on your PBs
I've never run my droids in P4 as I run them in P2.  It'd be interesting to know how mine'd do too.
Yeah my GWs have become much harder as standard now.  I had a full Zader team as node 12 yesterday and was like "phew, it's only a maxed out Zader team"  Roll Eyes

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3266 on: July 20, 2017, 10:56:24 PM »

Grats Krace, nice work on your PBs
I've never run my droids in P4 as I run them in P2.  It'd be interesting to know how mine'd do too.
Yeah my GWs have become much harder as standard now.  I had a full Zader team as node 12 yesterday and was like "phew, it's only a maxed out Zader team"  Roll Eyes

As a rule, most teams that perform well in P2 do even better in P4 since the main body of the tank doesn't immediately take two turns so you get more rounds to DPS.  The switch is you have to deal with the two B2s and your team has to be able to buff itself in some manner to avoid dying instantly.

Using droids and dealing with the B2s isn't that hard, it's the buffs that can be a pain.  JE's crit buff isn't any good because it immediately gives them all extra TM and then they just get more crits and take more turns and burn off the buff.  It becomes a careful strategy of using R2's stealth buff to protect them all.  You gotta time it right so that your droids all only have one or none as far as turns left to take before the tank gets back up.  Also you make sure you don't use IG-86's special ability and hope that JE doesn't go and make somebody else take multiple turns.  Now if you lose 1 because he went too many times, it's OK because JE can just rez them right back up.  The worst is when R2 doesn't crit and get a TM boost and then everybody except HK(because he is usually always self buffed) is left without a buff and they all die.  At that point you have to decide if you wanna quit and start over, or if you've done enough if you've only got a couple rounds to go.

Yeah, I would totally take a Zader team on node 12 over some of these others.  With Barriss and Yoda Zetas a team like that doesn't pose me much threat.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3267 on: July 20, 2017, 11:09:07 PM »

Yeah, I would totally take a Zader team on node 12 over some of these others.  With Barriss and Yoda Zetas a team like that doesn't pose me much threat.

Speaking of which, I had to fight a ZGJ (L), Zoda, Zarris, JKA, GK team in GW recently, can't remember if it was node 11 or 12.  So much foresight. So much.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3268 on: July 21, 2017, 12:49:19 AM »

I had a full Zader team as node 12 yesterday and was like "phew, it's only a maxed out Zader team"  Roll Eyes

For sure. Zader is nothing compared to some other teams. Yesterday I had a Zeta'd First Order squad on node 9, ZQGJ Jedi team node 11, and Thrawn lead, Death Trooper, Shoretrooper, Kenobi, and Nihilus for node 12. Even the Jedi node 11 was nothing compared to the other two. Thankfully I still had Nihilus for node 12 so that made life easier. Unlike the identical Thrawn team I had the day before when Nihilus was already dead. That sucked, but I discovered Boba is an okay sub for Nihilus.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3269 on: July 21, 2017, 03:48:05 PM »

Today has been a good day.    Grin

Vader's TIE to 7* finally.

Darth Sidious to Gear 11.

Ewok Elder to 7*, and Ewok Scout just a few shards away.

Finally unlocked Finn after only farming him from his 1 node on Hard Mode.  I'll be farming him more in earnest in the Cantina once I'm done with Sith Trooper.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: