Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 177   Go Down
Author Topic: Let's see what grab bag you got! Post your pics here!  (Read 671634 times)
Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #1545 on: July 14, 2014, 12:30:07 AM »

(Snip) I too was sent a Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber V3. If the pommel is open at the bottom does that mean I can send it back in for sound at a later date?

Nice Grab and to answer your question yes you can send it back in for a sound upgrade later if you wanted to. If it was a closed pommel then you simply would have needed to either drill some holes into it or buy another pommel. The holes in the bottom of the pommel allow the sound to get out as just behind that is where the speaker would be. why you got an open pommel? hard to say perhaps they simply had excess open ones they wanted to use up

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #1546 on: July 18, 2014, 05:40:32 PM »

Hi all.  New guy from TX, just started learning about this stuff recently (not StarWars) while doing research for an upcoming StarWars-themed, double b-day party for my 2 kids.  Like you, I've wanted a lightsaber since I was a kid.  Oh, the pain of knowing that you can't have a real one.

So anyway, I ended up here, wasting a ton of time on the US page and some in this forum (joined today, yay) reading, learning, and drooling over pictures, haha.

Placed my first order today sabers for the kiddos; gonna give them to my little ones as birthday presents on the day of the party coming up.  Daughter wanted something nice so I went with an Aeon (LE?), the silver and gold one, with the purple (sorry, don't know my acronyms yet) blade.  My son is a big fan of all things Dark Side/Sith, but otherwise is pretty easy to impress, so, I went with a grab bag for his saber, but chose, of course, a red blade color.

So, I can't wait to see the Aeon in purple, and now I'm really stoked to find out what we get for my son's Sith saber.  If you work at US, are reading this, and happen to be stuffing a grab bag on its way to Round Rock, TX today, please make the grab bag something with silver and black...and make it awesome.  Extra awesome please, it's a birthday gift.  Please and thank you.

So stoked.  Hoping to order my own saber soon.  Of course, it's tough, because I want about 10 of them!  Will post pics when they come in.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1547 on: July 18, 2014, 06:23:49 PM »

Hi all.  New guy from TX, just started learning about this stuff recently (not StarWars) while doing research for an upcoming StarWars-themed, double b-day party for my 2 kids.  Like you, I've wanted a lightsaber since I was a kid.  Oh, the pain of knowing that you can't have a real one.

So anyway, I ended up here, wasting a ton of time on the US page and some in this forum (joined today, yay) reading, learning, and drooling over pictures, haha.

Placed my first order today sabers for the kiddos; gonna give them to my little ones as birthday presents on the day of the party coming up.  Daughter wanted something nice so I went with an Aeon (LE?), the silver and gold one, with the purple (sorry, don't know my acronyms yet) blade.  My son is a big fan of all things Dark Side/Sith, but otherwise is pretty easy to impress, so, I went with a grab bag for his saber, but chose, of course, a red blade color.

So, I can't wait to see the Aeon in purple, and now I'm really stoked to find out what we get for my son's Sith saber.  If you work at US, are reading this, and happen to be stuffing a grab bag on its way to Round Rock, TX today, please make the grab bag something with silver and black...and make it awesome.  Extra awesome please, it's a birthday gift.  Please and thank you.

So stoked.  Hoping to order my own saber soon.  Of course, it's tough, because I want about 10 of them!  Will post pics when they come in.

Congrats on your first sabers, you will no doubt be impressed with even the grab bag saber you get for your son. Both colors are awesome, you'll love those too! I wish you all the patience a parent can handle, because giving lightsabers to your kids first is gonna be TORTURE! TORTURE I tell you! It happens every time Smiley. I got one for my son also but after I got one for myself Smiley. However, it'll fuel the fire to get one for yourself one day.
May I recommend keeping and eye out for deal of the day sabers, and watching for discount promos that US does now and again as it can really help in saving costs on a saber with more features. AND if you really want in on the goods, US runs raffles where if you purchase a saber $250 or more you could be drawn to win one for free(they give away like 40+ sabers, and some FULLY loaded). Just passing on some things I've learned here in the past year(and I love it here Smiley). Congrats again and best of luck with your next US.

Edit: we don't know in advance when discounts are on, or when they will do another raffle so you kinda have to sit and wait for them to pop up, if u can Wink
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 06:27:46 PM by hazard502 » Logged

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #1548 on: July 18, 2014, 06:28:42 PM »

Hi all.  New guy from TX, just started learning about this stuff recently (not StarWars) while doing research for an upcoming StarWars-themed, double b-day party for my 2 kids.  Like you, I've wanted a lightsaber since I was a kid.  Oh, the pain of knowing that you can't have a real one.

Placed my first order today sabers for the kiddos; gonna give them to my little ones as birthday presents on the day of the party coming up.  Daughter wanted something nice so I went with an Aeon (LE?), the silver and gold one, with the purple (sorry, don't know my acronyms yet) blade.  My son is a big fan of all things Dark Side/Sith, but otherwise is pretty easy to impress, so, I went with a grab bag for his saber, but chose, of course, a red blade color.

So, I can't wait to see the Aeon in purple, and now I'm really stoked to find out what we get for my son's Sith saber.  If you work at US, are reading this, and happen to be stuffing a grab bag on its way to Round Rock, TX today, please make the grab bag something with silver and black...and make it awesome.  Extra awesome please, it's a birthday gift.  Please and thank you.

So stoked.  Hoping to order my own saber soon.  Of course, it's tough, because I want about 10 of them!  Will post pics when they come in.

Welcome to the addiction, er eh, hobby! I have two grab bags and they work great for stunts (duelling) and look good displayed. I modified mine slightly.

AEON V2 in Blazing Red

AEON V3 in Adegan Silver w/ yellow filter

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #1549 on: July 18, 2014, 06:37:46 PM »

Thx for the input, fellas.  Yeah, I wasn't sure about the turnaround time to get the sabers once I ordered them and I wanted to make sure that the ones for the kids are here in plenty of time.  As for myself, I'm certain that I'll have plenty of time to, ahem, "examine" (re:play with) them once they get here.

I agree, I'm expecting for it to be torture, but I'm hoping to have one of my own before long.  I can't afford anything high end right now (no sound, FOC or anything on the first one) but the dilemma is, do I go for something affordable, even a grab bag for my first saber, just to have something to swing around and enjoy, or do I save a little more money and go with something nicer for a first saber, like an Archon?  I'm a fan of the more traditional saber styles like the Archon and the Graflex, less interested in stuff like the Reaper.

Ah, decisions, decisions...  Anyway, I can feel the excitement for the grab bag order I have in now though.  Hope they hook my boy up with something groovy and sinister!

Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1550 on: July 18, 2014, 06:48:23 PM »

Thx for the input, fellas.  Yeah, I wasn't sure about the turnaround time to get the sabers once I ordered them and I wanted to make sure that the ones for the kids are here in plenty of time.  As for myself, I'm certain that I'll have plenty of time to, ahem, "examine" (re:play with) them once they get here.

I agree, I'm expecting for it to be torture, but I'm hoping to have one of my own before long.  I can't afford anything high end right now (no sound, FOC or anything on the first one) but the dilemma is, do I go for something affordable, even a grab bag for my first saber, just to have something to swing around and enjoy, or do I save a little more money and go with something nicer for a first saber, like an Archon?  I'm a fan of the more traditional saber styles like the Archon and the Graflex, less interested in stuff like the Reaper.

Ah, decisions, decisions...  Anyway, I can feel the excitement for the grab bag order I have in now though.  Hope they hook my boy up with something groovy and sinister!

I would suggest waiting a little longer and getting the Archon.  It is an awesome saber, one of the top 2 or 3 favorites in my collection.  The Prophecy is another great saber, a bit less expensive, and I think fits with the more tradition style saber hilts too.  Also, if you want some extra versatility you could get one with an adegan silver LED.  With a silver blade you can use Roscolux or Lee color filters to change your blade color, or the color discs sold by Ultrasabers.  That's what I got my Prophecy in and it's pretty cool to be able to change to basically any color you want.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #1551 on: July 18, 2014, 07:09:44 PM »

Yeah, I would ideally love to have something like the Archon to start with.  It looks more like something from the films, like a traditional Jedi weapon, plus it looks solid, rugged.  I think you have my two favorites in your pic on your signature there, Molina.  Classics!

There are a ton of them that I love though, having wasted a lot of time looking at the US page recently.  Prophecy, Bellicose, Consular, Manticore, Scorpion (if you remove the claw from the emitter) etc.  Clearly, I'm going to have to have a few different ones, haha.  Would be killer to get something like one of those in the grab bag although seems like that doesn't happen often.  I would be plenty stoked to get a DSI in the grab...or a Dark Liberator...or...

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1552 on: July 18, 2014, 07:20:34 PM »

Yeah, I would ideally love to have something like the Archon to start with.  It looks more like something from the films, like a traditional Jedi weapon, plus it looks solid, rugged.  I think you have my two favorites in your pic on your signature there, Molina.  Classics!

There are a ton of them that I love though, having wasted a lot of time looking at the US page recently.  Prophecy, Bellicose, Consular, Manticore, Scorpion (if you remove the claw from the emitter) etc.  Clearly, I'm going to have to have a few different ones, haha.  Would be killer to get something like one of those in the grab bag although seems like that doesn't happen often.  I would be plenty stoked to get a DSI in the grab...or a Dark Liberator...or...

The Manticore is another awesome saber, so awesome I got two of them.  Grin
And they just came out with two new version of the Manticore too, nickel plates and high polished silver.
All of US's hilts are great, but there is just something about the classic sabers. 
If you want sabers with the movie look the Guardian is another one, modelled after Obi-Wan's saber from the prequel trilogy. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1553 on: July 18, 2014, 07:51:56 PM »

Yeah, I would ideally love to have something like the Archon to start with.  It looks more like something from the films, like a traditional Jedi weapon, plus it looks solid, rugged.  I think you have my two favorites in your pic on your signature there, Molina.  Classics!

There are a ton of them that I love though, having wasted a lot of time looking at the US page recently.  Prophecy, Bellicose, Consular, Manticore, Scorpion (if you remove the claw from the emitter) etc.  Clearly, I'm going to have to have a few different ones, haha.  Would be killer to get something like one of those in the grab bag although seems like that doesn't happen often.  I would be plenty stoked to get a DSI in the grab...or a Dark Liberator...or...

I too love the classics, I have the Archon and it's by far my fav higher end lightsaber. I took extra time to save for it, I would HIGHLY recommend it in its price range.
Though I found the best solution to the lightsaber dilemma is to go with your gut and learn from that.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:55:42 PM by hazard502 » Logged

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

richmbailey
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 282

« Reply #1554 on: July 18, 2014, 08:49:15 PM »

I just got the Graflex and by far it is my favorite hilt now. Cannot get anymore classic than that one! Smiley

Chosen One SE (BR) Obsidian v3 Sound
Dark Monarch - Ancient Mods with 3rd party sound
Bellicose (FO) Obsidian Sound
Graflex (GB) 3rd party sound
Flamberge (BR) Stunt
Dark Shock Hybrid (BR FoC FO) 3rd party sound
Consular (CG) Obsidian Sound

Baeltaz
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

Never tell me the odds!

« Reply #1555 on: July 19, 2014, 11:59:22 PM »

I got this DSI with vertical lines in CG from my second ever grab bag, my first being a regular DSI in VA. I can't say that it is what I particularly wanted, as I would have liked something either completely different from what I already had or something exactly the same to make a saberstaff. I am also not particularly fond of the vertical lines aesthetically, although they do make it have a noticeably better grip. I'm also not fond of the "vented" pommel on this one, as it is just a large hole which looks pretty tacky.

Overall this is the least favorite of my 5 Ultrasabers.

While this technically isn't a grab bag, this is the free initiate I received with my order. It is an Initiate LE v3 in GB. I have to say that I am extremely pleased with the look and feel of this lightsaber. While it has a pretty simple design, I think that it looks very nice, and while I wasn't really thinking about buying a saber in GB I think that it looks phenomenal with this hilt. I also love how this hilt feels in my hand, as the fairly small and simple design make it fit very nicely.

If anyone wants to buy one of the cheaper hilts, I'd definitely recommend this one.

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

« Reply #1556 on: July 21, 2014, 09:38:19 PM »

So, I tried searching the forum first before posting this and didn't find anything at first glance but is there a thread on the board somewhere, where people can trade sabers with one another?  I read the rules and can certainly understand that this forum is owned by US (a business) and their reasoning behind not wanting for people to buy and sell their products through the forum, but in situations like this, where the above user got a saber in a grab bag, about which he was...less enthusiastic, it would seem to make sense that he could offer it up to other forum members in trade if anyone was interested.  I have looked back at other members' posts regarding grab bags and seen where some have received an almost (or actually) identical saber in a grab bag, to one that they already owned and had little use for it.

If this doesn't exist or is frowned upon by US, why is that?  I can think of only 2 reasons; the "competition" factor, and warranty concerns.

Anybody?

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force.

« Reply #1557 on: July 22, 2014, 03:54:16 AM »

I just ordered two Grab Bags, one for myself and one for my mate. I can't wait! Further new on this development as it occurs!
Right here; on SaberForum!

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force. There is the force. It is what its wielder decides. How a man uses a weapon does not change its nature.

[Also known as Darth Bael.]

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB
Dark Standard Issue with vertical grooves in Bane's Heart [My mate's]

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force.

« Reply #1558 on: July 22, 2014, 04:00:50 AM »

My first ever Grab Bag saber; an Aeon that I'm in the process of customizing....

The ring on the end is the future home of a red ribbon... Shaolin style!
Like an idiot, I put a momentary switch on it, and it's just a basic model, no sound or effects, but I love the button, so the next bit of money I get is going into another obsidian board, and a FOC LED module (yay!)
The catch is that this hilt is NOT MLS compatible, so I'll have to come up with a sneaky way to fit the speaker in there.
When I'm done with this bad boy, you won't even recognize it... yea, it'll probably look that bad. :p

I love that ring! I wants to do something like that with a shoto and tether it to my left wrist for stunt-dueling.

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force. There is the force. It is what its wielder decides. How a man uses a weapon does not change its nature.

[Also known as Darth Bael.]

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB
Dark Standard Issue with vertical grooves in Bane's Heart [My mate's]

Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 26

This is not the post you're looking for.

« Reply #1559 on: July 22, 2014, 05:08:29 AM »

I love that ring! I wants to do something like that with a shoto and tether it to my left wrist for stunt-dueling.

Thanks! The ring is cool, but it is really loud when I get to swinging like a maniac, so I wrapped it in leather.
 Grin

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 177   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: