Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 177   Go Down
Author Topic: Let's see what grab bag you got! Post your pics here!  (Read 668291 times)
Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #375 on: October 06, 2012, 07:29:17 PM »

I am hoping for a Dominix or Aeon V3 with my next grab bag.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Dalian
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -12

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #376 on: October 06, 2012, 07:38:48 PM »

Here's my new grab bag, Aeon V2 LE in SRD!

Was kinda hoping for a V3 hilt, but a pretty good stunt, especially for the 15% off weekend.  I love how light it is, and customizations will begin soon, so any ideas would be welcome. (Pm them to me please, as to keep this thread clear)

"The true power of the Dark Side; it is claimed by many, but known by few." - Darth Nox

((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR/VA Phantom LE V3

JediShadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #377 on: October 06, 2012, 11:05:45 PM »

Got my newest sabers today. The grab bag is a Dominix v2 in CG. It's wonderful Cheesy

"Twinkle" - GB Blue Standard Issue v2
"Icingdeath" - AB Dominix LE v3
SRD Aeon v3
PO Monarch
BR Phantom Initiate v3
AS Dark Liberator v3
CG Dominix v2

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #378 on: October 07, 2012, 01:42:14 AM »

In regard to those asking about colors and batteries.  The Red and Orange LED's have a forward voltage of 2.4 V so 2 x AAA will give you 3.0 V of power.  This is enough to turn the LED's on.  The Green, Blue, and White LED's have a forward voltage of 3.4 V so 2 x AAA will not be enough voltage to turn them on.  The 4 x AAA battery packs give you 6.0 volts of power so they are needed to power the Blue, Green, and White LED's.  If you have a mixture of 2 - 3 LED's for colors like Arctic Blue, Violet Amethyst, or SRD, then you will need to have the power to turn on the LED with the highest forward voltage so these get 4 x AAA batteries as well.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #379 on: October 07, 2012, 01:25:00 PM »

In regard to those asking about colors and batteries.  The Red and Orange LED's have a forward voltage of 2.4 V so 2 x AAA will give you 3.0 V of power.  This is enough to turn the LED's on.  The Green, Blue, and White LED's have a forward voltage of 3.4 V so 2 x AAA will not be enough voltage to turn them on.  The 4 x AAA battery packs give you 6.0 volts of power so they are needed to power the Blue, Green, and White LED's.  If you have a mixture of 2 - 3 LED's for colors like Arctic Blue, Violet Amethyst, or SRD, then you will need to have the power to turn on the LED with the highest forward voltage so these get 4 x AAA batteries as well.

Point for the good explanation, Blue Wink  Also, you'll love this - the grab bag I ordered turned out to be a Standard Issue V3 in Guardian Blue.  I'll post a few pics soon.

EDIT:  Here they are!

And just for good measure, my new SI V3 next to my Redemption (which has the DVA LED module I ordered with the grab bag)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:45:44 PM by Master Nero Attoru » Logged

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #380 on: October 07, 2012, 03:43:44 PM »

I love that standard issue.  The silver hilts really look great and the grooves just seem to pop.  Of course the blue doesn't hurt either.   Thanks a million for suggesting the 32" blade.   I feel much more in control and don't feel like I am wielding a staff.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #381 on: October 07, 2012, 04:12:43 PM »

I love that standard issue.  The silver hilts really look great and the grooves just seem to pop.  Of course the blue doesn't hurt either.   Thanks a million for suggesting the 32" blade.   I feel much more in control and don't feel like I am wielding a staff.

No problem man!  It really does help decrease the weight, especially in HG blades.  With the midgrades I can wield the 36" pretty easily, but with HG it can get a bit tough... especially for somebody who does the kind of single handed, fencing style handwork that I do.  My instinct is to use the fingers and wrist for precise bladework, and that's pretty tough with the full size HG IMO.

I'm pretty pleased with this, haven't seen one of these SI V3 hilts in person.  I do have to say, it's quite a bit chunkier than the V2 ones, but it's still a really solid hilt to wield.  Because of the bigger size, the grooves are a bit deeper too, giving it more character.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #382 on: October 10, 2012, 04:39:34 AM »

Please forgive me! I just realized I posted in the wrong thread! Anyway to move it?

You can always ask a mod to move it Smiley

no

OrigamiGuru
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

Grey Jedi

« Reply #383 on: October 10, 2012, 06:56:41 AM »

Well Saber Forums, it's done. I couldn't make up my mind so I bought two completely random grab bags (and a Dark Prophecy V3 w/ Obsidian for my friend). I was inspired by what I've seen on this thread. What the Force has in store, I shall soon see...

*Rolls two D20*

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #384 on: October 10, 2012, 12:02:12 PM »

You can always ask a mod to move it Smiley

Took care of it for him, no biggie.

I'm curious to see what other grab bags people get.  Keep posting those pics, guys!

CrossingStar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -109

Resident Togruta and fan of the Clone Wars

« Reply #385 on: October 10, 2012, 03:29:27 PM »

Tongue I want pics! *noms*

~Nashara/Coronach~ (Togruta) Sith apprentice of Darth Cronfios.

~Xantos~ (Half human half zebrak) No alignment, friend of Devin

i2oadi2unnei2
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

o.O Yes, I'm eyeing your saber!

« Reply #386 on: October 11, 2012, 09:17:43 PM »

I got my grab bag...w00t!  Okay so I suck at posting pics so I'll leave a link here  Tongue

UPDATE:  Hey I figured out the pic thingy!  Sorry pic isn't as crisp as my real cam, so this is taken w/ an iPhone4.  Since this is my first saber and its a grab bag, I'm guessing this is a Dark Liberator v3?

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 09:27:32 PM by i2oadi2unnei2 » Logged

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #387 on: October 11, 2012, 11:00:27 PM »

Yep, pretty sure that's a Dark Libby V3. Definitely a good get!

no

Spyder
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #388 on: October 12, 2012, 03:01:54 AM »

Got my two grab bags a week or so ago. They were an Aeon LE v2 in blue and a Standard Issue in green.  Both have 36 inch mid-grade blades. When I pulled them out of the bag my first impression of the Aeon was, "looks a bit skinny for a guy 6'1"" but I took it out into the front yard and was amazed at how balanced and perfect it feels for spinning and weaving maneuvers. Much lighter than my Dominix LE v3 and handles great.

i2oadi2unnei2
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -3

o.O Yes, I'm eyeing your saber!

« Reply #389 on: October 12, 2012, 06:29:20 AM »

"looks a bit skinny for a guy 6'1""

For me, the Dark Libby is a tad bit heavy and I should have gotten the lighter blade because after only a few swings, I'm already tired lol.  Of course I'm out of shape, short and small so it looks like I will try one more grab bag and then decide what I really want (a saber that is the smallest!)  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 177   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: