Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Display, Transport, & Storage.  (Read 7417 times)
DarthJt
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 71

I am the Blind Jedi.

« on: November 08, 2015, 03:46:53 AM »

I'm curious as to how people transport, store, and display their collections of sabers.
I'd love some suggestions on how to display sabers on a custom made shelf.
I'd love some suggestions on how to transport sabers from one location to another, along with their blades, claws, and other accessories.
I'd love suggestions for storing blades, and some creative ideas on how to get them out of the way, and out of view.
Please share all of your ideas, be they crazy, innovative, unusual, or brilliant.

I am the other Blind Jedi

Schtuperman
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 08:29:30 AM »

For short hops I just pull socks over the hilts to keep them from banging & scratching.  For a long trip I use one of my rifle hard cases with the foam inside.  Swapping ends I can fit quite a few in a double rifle case.

Graflex CE: AB/AS
Overlord: (x2) BR/AS-HP/AS
Shock LE: AS/AB
Manticore: (x2) CG/AS-VA/AS
Guardian: GB/AS
Archon: FO/SY
Crimson Reaper: (x2) SY/AS-AS/BR
Dark Arbiter: CG/AS
Phantom Initiate v3: BR/AS
Phantasm Initiate v3: CG/AS
Raven: GB/AS
Dark War Glaive: PO/AS
Dark Standard: AS/BR
Menace CE: Emerald

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 03:51:04 PM »

Here is how I store my hilts. They all don't fit, so the others I wrap in cloth and store in a drawer to prevent scratches and keep dust off. I do need another case Smiley

I only have one hilt on display at a time to keep my wife happy, plus I just don't have proper space for more. The one on display sits over our front window.

Blades stay in the basement just leaned up in the corner out of the way. And if I'm not travelling far I leave the blade installed in the hilt and it sits between my kids in the back seat.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

ErrantWolf
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 05:06:21 PM »

Hazard, that is absolutely brilliant. I am going to be slightly Sithy and unashamedly steal that idea.  I still have the shipping box my blade came in and use that to transport the blade, if I need to transport the saber hilt I put in the blade plug to protect the LED and wear it on my belt via the covertec clip.

A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places

Gray Jedi, but light side points preferred.

Wishlist: Manticore CE (Sound) in SRD.  Catalyst in Consular Green with yari extension.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 06:39:50 PM »

Hi.  Here's the suitcase that Hazard uses with the sticker details.  As Canadians we purchased at Cdn. Tire.  Is meant to store and carry power tools like a Dremel.  I have 3 of them and could use a 4th.  Haz has the sabers displayed nicely and there is a post that shows the awesome stickers and tags that he put on the cases.  The other is a plastic expanding art storage tube that one can get at Michaels Crafts.  I use these for my sound sabers and blades for both storage and travelling.  The saber is a well wrapped stunt dark Prophecy that I use a lot.  Other than the slanted emitter, it bears no resemblance to a Prophecy but it feels and handles so well.   Smiley

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:53:51 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 07:59:47 PM »

Oh I like that tube D7 nice one.

ErrantWolf you just go right ahead a find a case for your collection. I stole this from yet another forum member(Ealotech) who had this idea long before I ever saw his. Here's a link to his post...it's most impressive Cheesy

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=21169.msg325212#msg325212

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 01:14:21 AM »

I built custom saber stands (racks) for display. You can see them in the customization sec. For transport, I wrap a towel around the hilt and put them in a guitar case. Hope this helps.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 04:06:46 AM »

Hi.  Here's the suitcase that Hazard uses with the sticker details.  As Canadians we purchased at Cdn. Tire.  Is meant to store and carry power tools like a Dremel.  I have 3 of them and could use a 4th.  Haz has the sabers displayed nicely and there is a post that shows the awesome stickers and tags that he put on the cases.  The other is a plastic expanding art storage tube that one can get at Michaels Crafts.  I use these for my sound sabers and blades for both storage and travelling.  The saber is a well wrapped stunt dark Prophecy that I use a lot.  Other than the slanted emitter, it bears no resemblance to a Prophecy but it feels and handles so well.   Smiley

Thanks so much for that tube idea.  I went out and bought 2 of them as soon as I saw your pics.  Point for you D7

KDP

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

DarthJt
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 71

I am the Blind Jedi.

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 04:39:23 AM »

I'm seeing a lot of good ideas here.
 I'd like to thank all of you for all of your ideas, suggestions, and whatever. Especially whoever suggested putting the Hiltz into a guitar case, I was staring at my keyboard case and thinking the same  thing.
 I was also thinking about using a keyboard case for the blades, with some Velcro straps to hold them down.

I am the other Blind Jedi

CaptKirk
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 04:33:14 PM »

Out of curiosity, has anyone had any issues when flying?  I'm getting ready to go on a trip for a week - kind of want to bring my new Guardian with me so I can keep practicing forms, but unsure if TSA is going to get fussy about this tube with batteries and a couple PCB boards wired into it.  I'm probably being overly paranoid, I know, but thought I'd ask if anyone had any experiences.  Cheers!

-[: Light Side points always appreciated! :]-
Ultrasabers Guardian (Em/Obs.v4)

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 04:54:12 AM »

Out of curiosity, has anyone had any issues when flying?  I'm getting ready to go on a trip for a week - kind of want to bring my new Guardian with me so I can keep practicing forms, but unsure if TSA is going to get fussy about this tube with batteries and a couple PCB boards wired into it.  I'm probably being overly paranoid, I know, but thought I'd ask if anyone had any experiences.  Cheers!

I haven't flown with my sabers yet, however, knowing how paranoid TSA is when it comes to tubes with wires and circuit boards, I would suggest you put your saber in your checked luggage, not in a carry on.  You don't want the guys with the fire power to rush you at the screening area  Shocked.

KDP

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 04:19:37 PM »

A friend made a hilt cozy for me -- a giant piece of red felt with sleeves stitched into the bottom half.  Each hilt has its own slot, the top (long) edge folds over, and roll it all up.

Blades, I transport in a field hockey carrying case.  There's a zippered pouch, which holds a tupperware box of batteries and wrenches.

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

CaptKirk
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 04:40:55 PM »

I haven't flown with my sabers yet, however, knowing how paranoid TSA is when it comes to tubes with wires and circuit boards, I would suggest you put your saber in your checked luggage, not in a carry on.  You don't want the guys with the fire power to rush you at the screening area  Shocked.

HAHAHA Yeah, checked baggage for sure!  I've got enough wires, cables, chargers in my carry-on already.  Plus I'd never do anything to risk my Global Entry status lol  I showed my foreign co-workers photos and the unboxing video of my Guardian - Everyone was super-impressed.  I'll definitely bring it with me next time. Smiley

-[: Light Side points always appreciated! :]-
Ultrasabers Guardian (Em/Obs.v4)

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 07:15:33 AM »

Oooo, necro-post just in time for Halloween... Tongue
But seriously, I have a solution, too: fly-fishing rod cases. They're basically the same idea as the tube idea from Dauntless Seven, but non-collapsible. I have one for each of my three sabres, with the Aurebesh on the side indicating which sabre it is, and each has a custom chain/scalemaille zipper pull at the top.
I also went out and got a rifle case like Schtuperman said, when I want to carry all 3 at once.

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 07:05:35 PM »

Here is how I store my hilts. They all don't fit, so the others I wrap in cloth and store in a drawer to prevent scratches and keep dust off. I do need another case Smiley

I only have one hilt on display at a time to keep my wife happy, plus I just don't have proper space for more. The one on display sits over our front window.

Blades stay in the basement just leaned up in the corner out of the way. And if I'm not travelling far I leave the blade installed in the hilt and it sits between my kids in the back seat.

I like this idea and the form fitting foam you have in there.  Point for ya!  I bought a 52 inch x 13 inch x 3 inch rifle case with convoluted foam for mine, thinking I would keep them all with blades attached in there.  Now with 6 sabers and a couple extra blades, I've quickly run out of room, so I'm "upgrading" that case by inserting a custom fit 52 x 13 x 1.25 inch high-density polyurethane foam pad for the base layer with another 52 x 13 x 1.25 inch high-density polyurethane "pick and pluck foam" insert layer pad on top of that.  I should be able to store all my hilts in there (at least for a while).

Thanks for the idea - point for you!  I think I'll get an art storage tube like you have there to store all my blades.  Seems like that would work very well.

I'll post a picture next week of my whole "saber storage" setup after I get the foam shipment and tube.  Next up for Christmas will be a display stand to display at least 2-3 sabers at a time.  I like the idea of rotating them, though I'll probably always leave my Electrum Wind on display.   Grin

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: