Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Us - NON-SPOILER REVIEW  (Read 1224 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2019, 11:06:08 PM »

Hi again,

Yeah it's a shame in a way. Because the studios keep churning out movies to a formula gems such as Dead Zone and Scanners that you mentioned have become forgotten cult classics. If a show like Moviedrome were to be re-launched I'd be tempted to try and subscribe to watch it.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2019, 11:11:15 PM »

Over 21  Wink

I'll be 42 in April.

Remember, I live in the UK. So our broadcasting is very different to yours. My parents had no problem with us (my sisters or brother) watching horror. They were more concerned with things of a sexual nature. So blood n gore, decapitations, mutilations, spells and body transformations were fine, but boobs? Boobs were a no-no! LOL

I remember, everyone in the family owned their own video tape, so I would set the timer on the VCR to record horror movies that were showing while I was asleep. I would then watch them the next day after school or on the weekend. When I was about 12 there was a great tv show called Moviedrome. It was hosted by director Alex Cox. It was very similar to the show in the movie Fright Night. Each week they would pick a movie and then spend 30 mins before the movie talking about the filming of the movie, the director, the lnfluence on the genre etc etc. Basically extra features before dvd extras were ever a thing. It was this show where I first saw movies like Alien, The Fly, The Thing, Videodrome, A Clockwork Orange, American Werewolf in London, Frankenstein, The House of Wax (original), The Swarm. This one show is directly responsible for my deeper love and appreciation of cinema, as well as my love of horror.

And, of course, how could we forget to mention Blockbuster? Blockbuster really helped expand the amount of horror movies I had access to. I lost count of the amount of times I talked my dad into renting a horror, by selling him on the inherent entertainment value, the actors, the directors etc. I worked about 70% of the time.
As with any movie, I just want to be entertained. Obviously the way i want to be entertained from sci-fi will differ from horror. But I still want to be entertained. Like I said, I haven't ever really been scared by a horror movie. Which is fine.
I'm a little older, 48. Seen some of those movies in the theater. We watched an the gore we wanted and the boobs when we could get away with it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2019, 11:15:01 PM »

We watched an the gore we wanted and the boobs when we could get away with it.
It was easier when I was younger as a lot of PG movies had boobs in them. And even movies you didn't expect to have boobs had them. It's funny looking back the age rating on a lot those movies as there's so much in them that they wouldn't be able to get away with today. Although, we have a bigger ratings system in the UK, so a lot more scope.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: