Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Lightsaber Sparring Dummies  (Read 33316 times)
Elliot Cheslock
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 15

« on: August 03, 2015, 09:19:43 PM »

Hey Star Wars fans, as you all know there is a new movie coming out on Christmas and in a way hearing that rekindled my love for lightsaber duals.
So in light of that, I went ahead and made these sparring dummies, they're very easy to make if you want a step by step guide I'll be more than happy to oblige.
I love Ultrasabers, their product and customer service have made me a loyal customer, I can dual with these light sabers for hours on end as well. I hope you enjoy watching!
My 3 ultra sabers are: Initiate LE V3 (Guardian Blue) Initiate V4 (Guardian Blue) Initiate LE V4 (Consular Green)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caiEGa2VU80

Dogo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 12:02:55 AM »

That's awesome. Dude, you should totally find some way of hooking those up to a machine hinge or something to make it more random and scary. Some kind of gyroscope, I dunno.

But that's cool.

Elliot Cheslock
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 12:27:17 AM »

Thanks man I appreciate that, and ya I'm working on a way to get them mechanically moving I'm getting close! They're still a ton of fun to dual against! Smiley

Dogo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 07:54:17 AM »

Now I want to do it. But I don't even have a saber yet...

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 08:05:49 AM »

Hi EC.  That's quite inventive and beats shadow sparring.  Light side forum appreciation point for you.  Cool

kaanapuchris
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -53

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »

Oh my god. I want. How is sparring with one? Is the gauntlet more effective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaanapuchris
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -53

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 02:15:07 PM »

How do you make them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 06:47:51 PM »

Ha, that a pretty creative solution! Have a point!

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 09:25:32 PM »

LIGHTSABER SWINGBALL!!!! AWESOME!!!!! POINTS FOR THAT MAN!

OOHHHHHH, JUST THOUGHT!!! Those of you with washing lines.. why not tie the sabers to the line and run backwards and forwards around them sparring as you go! Great for those Gauntlet lovers! hehe..

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

Elliot Cheslock
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 12:57:57 AM »

Thanks for the positive feedback!

As for how to make the dummies, I just grabbed 2 old sweaters (with zippers) and filled the body section in with two square pillows, for the sleeves I just put a scarf in each sleeve to give the arms weight so the dummy can swing the light saber it's holding faster and farther in every direction more efficiently. I generously taped the light saber hilt to the sleeves with electrical tape, not to high up the sleeve or the light saber wont move as much.

I tied the hood section of the sweater to a piece of rope than ran the rope through one of the boards in my ceiling to hold the dummy up. Remember, the lower the dummy is to the ground, the longer it takes to swing at you. Make sure the dummy is tied up high, it will move a lot faster and harder. As you can tell from the video they're pretty simple looking, but you can take more time on their appearance and turn them into a sith or jedi, whatever your preference may be.

You don't have to just have two dummies, dualling just one dummy is very fun to do and is very easy. I was using 3 dummies at one point but it was too difficult and I just use 2 dummies now. If you don't have any light sabers you can just use broomsticks instead, but be careful the broomsticks hurt a lot when they hit you, trust me!

I am so happy you guys like them and I know you'll like them as much as I do if you decide to make them, I can literally spar for hours with these dummies, the awesome part is that they don't get tired until you do! hahaha

Elliot Cheslock
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 01:06:18 AM »

As for the sparring,
The sparring itself is really enjoyable, you actually feel like your dualling someone and once you get the hang of the dummies movements, you can get some pretty seamless combo's going. I like to keep records of how many combo's I can do and I've gotten 42 blade strikes in a row, meaning I've connected with a dummies blade 42 times without missing or getting hit myself. I'll post more videos of the dummies in action!

Elliot Cheslock
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 03:38:49 PM »

Thank you for the Points as well guys! Grin

Elliot Cheslock
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 04:36:07 PM »

Hey guys,

Here is some more footage of my sparring dummies in action. Like I said previously, I can literally dual with these guys for hours until the batteries need to be recharged. I edited out some of the video because one of the swinging blades caught me in the face hahah, you'll notice in the video how high the lightsaber goes at some points. Who knows, maybe I should have kept that footage in the video!  Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhCuoZrDpSE&feature=youtu.be     

Enjoy! - Elliot

Elliot Cheslock
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 07:51:44 PM »

Latest lightsaber video update:                     

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrB-0fBWGnw 

*The new video shows footage of my new lightsaber in action! The Dominix LE V4 with violet amethyst. Even with the lights turned on and low batteries, the blades are still bright as hell! Hope you guys enjoy!*

BatteryHound
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -16

Dark Side.

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 10:37:12 PM »

Very creative idea! Seems like it'd be a lot of fun, too.

Liberator V2 - Blazing Red.
Dominix LE V3 - Guardian Blue.
Sentinel V4 - Blazing Red.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: