Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Favorite Lee filters (so far), Tri AS, standard edge heavy grade blade  (Read 20436 times)
Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2019, 10:37:12 PM »

Query: How do you store your filters after you cut them?

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2019, 06:04:00 AM »

Hi Lady Revan, when I was working as a lighting tech I used to use a photograph album. I used the type that had a sheet of saran wrap style plastic attached to each page. You place the photo on the page then flatten the plastic over to hold it in place.

This worked well as the page was white so you could easily see the colours of each filter sheet /disc and of course you could write on the page itself and add tabs to categorise each colour section.

You might still be able to buy albums like this. Failing that maybe a ring binder/folder with plastic divider pockets would work.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2019, 11:12:15 PM »

Hi Lady Revan, when I was working as a lighting tech I used to use a photograph album. I used the type that had a sheet of saran wrap style plastic attached to each page. You place the photo on the page then flatten the plastic over to hold it in place.

This worked well as the page was white so you could easily see the colours of each filter sheet /disc and of course you could write on the page itself and add tabs to categorise each colour section.

You might still be able to buy albums like this. Failing that maybe a ring binder/folder with plastic divider pockets would work.

I think I actually have a couple old albums of this type lying around. I'll have to look for them. Thanks for the tips! Cheesy

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2019, 06:23:17 AM »

I think I actually have a couple old albums of this type lying around. I'll have to look for them. Thanks for the tips! Cheesy

You're welcome. I was taught by a London West End theatre lighting director (who designed the lighting for Phantom of the Opera) and he used this method. Obviously for larger lamps the sheets were rolled up and stored in cardboard tubes.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2019, 01:35:16 AM »

You're welcome. I was taught by a London West End theatre lighting director (who designed the lighting for Phantom of the Opera) and he used this method. Obviously for larger lamps the sheets were rolled up and stored in cardboard tubes.

Very nice! Cheesy Phantom is my favorite show. My best friend and I do a Leroux style Erik/Christine cosplay, though we've done Webber Version before also. Seen the US Tour several times, the Broadway show, and the Las Vegas Spectacular (won tickets actually for both the Las Vegas and for the 25th Anniversary on Broadway; two tickets both times so best friend came both times also).

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2019, 02:51:23 PM »

For my filters I bought a dollar store binder and several packs of hockey card sheets. These are clear sheets that go into any three ring and have nine pockets on each page so I could slip the identity card in with the filter.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2019, 04:30:01 PM »

I saw this in another thread on filters, someone had taken a ring binder and had each set of cut filters with its backing sheet that gave name and number and stats in a ziploc bag which was then hole-punched and put into the binder note-book style.  Awesome idea...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2019, 11:36:15 PM »

Wow everyone is so organized!  I just got mine all jumbled up in a Ziploc bag.  Tongue

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2019, 03:14:55 PM »

Well whatever works for you.
I was looking on amazon and there are some 1" hole punches for scrap booking and such, I have been thinking of trying one out.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2019, 05:26:34 PM »

Very nice! Cheesy Phantom is my favorite show. My best friend and I do a Leroux style Erik/Christine cosplay, though we've done Webber Version before also. Seen the US Tour several times, the Broadway show, and the Las Vegas Spectacular (won tickets actually for both the Las Vegas and for the 25th Anniversary on Broadway; two tickets both times so best friend came both times also).

That's cool, I've yet to see the show on the big stage. However I did get to examine the original drawings and scenery schematics for the show as the Designer brought them in for us to look at. They were mindblowing to put it mildly.

Well whatever works for you.
I was looking on amazon and there are some 1" hole punches for scrap booking and such, I have been thinking of trying one out.

I had a friend on another site that tried one these hole punch machines too and she really liked it. The disc edges are really clean and so you can cut holes much closer together saving material (meaning you might squeeze more filter discs from a sheet)

ShaakTisPadawan
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2019, 05:07:20 PM »

Thank you for making me excited and no longer scared I decided on Silver for my color. lol

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2019, 10:38:07 AM »

Smiley 👍

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2020, 07:52:00 PM »

What is the preferred battery setup?

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2020, 09:04:14 PM »

I've got an li-ion setup and a recharge port on my silver saber

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2020, 05:14:08 AM »

Still liking the AS with filters? I’m getting ready to order two sabers and debating on FO and PO LEDs or going AS with filters.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: